Talkback: Godzilla 1985 (1985)

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
GojirO
G-Force Personnel

Re: Talkback: Godzilla 1985 (1985)

Post by GojirO »

Considering that this film is one of my all time favorite Godzilla films and one of my favorite of the two Americanizations, it still holds up. I bought it on VHS off of amazon and I feel as though I was gypped. I re-bought it recently and it was, in fact, the original New World Video release complete with original casing. Now saying that, I am ecstatic about this film. Recently though, I watched the jokes from the February 4th, 1995 episode of Svengoolie, which ACTUALLY showed this film and I found it ridiculously awesome that I reached out to the man himself. He responded saying that there was nothing that they could do to re-release the movie onto screens due to the rights, which sucks but one can dream though, right?

I first saw this film when I was 5, not paying any attention to anything but the movie while I watched with my maternal grandfather. We recorded it from a Starmaker release of the film before we had to return it to the video store, a local Blockbuster. I remember watching the film over and over until recently when I bought a legitimate release of the film, claiming to be the New World release. When I opened it, I found that it was just that but the lot numbers, while researching, lead to the Starmaker release, even had the cover of the Starmaker release. I re-bought it and it is the New World Video release, as I had hoped for it to be.
Last edited by GojirO on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rest in Peace Victoria