Monster Discussion #54: Dorats

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
gigan72
Keizer

Monster Discussion #54: Dorats

Postby gigan72 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:10 pm

Yes, this is the discussion thread for the infamous Dorats that we all know and love. Feel free to say all you wish about these adorable creations.
KaijuFiend wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do you like what you see?

No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that poop again.

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Space Hunter M
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Monster Discussion #54: Dorats

Postby Space Hunter M » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:20 am

gigan72 wrote:
Yes, this is the discussion thread for the infamous Dorats that we all know and love. Feel free to say all you wish about these adorable creations.

"Creepy_Dorat.jpg"

TK's only diehard RMA King Arthur series historian
"All you did was download the ROMs anyway! You can hardly call yourself a real fan!"

I THINK IT STINKS!
SuperMonsterZero wrote:Mire Goji. That must be the Godzilla from the Italian Dogora poster.

ImageImageImage
"Follow the light. The light is your guide."
"Cherenkov light?"

ก็อตซิลลา
哥吉拉

Follow me on the tumblebox

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Giga Kaiju » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:25 pm

Interesting creature that would serve up as a way for Ghidorah to exist in the 2nd era of the series, it was cool. But I prefer the original origins of the Golden Hydra better with him being a space traveler that destroys anything that he comes across with than a monster made by the mutation of three small creatures.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.

tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!

Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to skreeonk about, then tangent onto something unrelated and skreeonk about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can skreeonk some more. It's the circle of life.

Godzillian
Kwaidan

Postby Godzillian » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:35 am

Surprised Bandai never put out a plush of them

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Postby Komenja » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:21 pm

They look what would happen if you placed the Joker, a bat, and Alvin the Chipmunk in the telepods from The Fly.
I was just thinking that the only thing missing right about now was a giant crocodile...
Resized Image

edgaguirus
Kwaidan

Postby edgaguirus » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:38 pm

They're made for Chibi dolls, but didn't really do that well as an origin for KG. The king of terror starting as three cute pets just isn't as spectacular as an errupting meteor.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought you gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Postby GigaBowserG » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:41 am

The idea of Ghidorah being a fusion of 3 creatures is interesting. But being made of these little critters, no thanks. They're not even that cute, they look and sound kind of creepy. No idea what's up with the green mini-mullets, may've looked alright yellow like some of the concept art.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

Rodan
Futurian

Postby Rodan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:25 pm

They're ... really kind of a bonkers element in that movie, and not bonkers in a riffing-on-'60s-Godzilla-sci-fi way most of the other elements are.

The most I can say about them is that they don't bring the movie down. They're just kind of a weird, ignorable plot devise. I like the quiet piano Ghidorah-theme music cue they get though.

Return to “Heisei Series (1980's-1998)”