Iris' Gender

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Re: Iris' Gender

Post by Kaijunator »

Mr. Xeno wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:Iris is a male. He has a penis. Wonder if that's why Ayana said "Iris, I'm so hot", right before Iris absorbed her.
Maybe she was just thirsty.
:shock: Oh, oh, I see what, what we're doing here.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

This escalated quickly... :?
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Mr. Xeno wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:Iris is a male. He has a penis. Wonder if that's why Ayana said "Iris, I'm so hot", right before Iris absorbed her.
Maybe she was just thirsty.
Or she wanted to be a credit to the weirder parts of Japanese society???
Resized Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

And changing the subject....

The Gyaos are assexual, so it's either female or both. Iris is a mutated version, though, so it might be different.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

gigan72 wrote:
Legion1979 wrote:Irys has a penis.

Never noticed it? Take a look at some Irys figures sometime...
I hadn't noticed, but now that I take a look at the suit...
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... 620bd1.jpg

Now I can't un-see this.
For such a weird-ass design for a monster, visible genitalia works surprisingly well.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

edgaguirus wrote:And changing the subject....

The Gyaos are assexual, so it's either female or both. Iris is a mutated version, though, so it might be different.
Is possible. If Iris is apparently one of them, then he/she/it could share some characteristics with their fellow members.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

In the Gamera 2.5 manga it explains that Irys was the first attempt at creating a monster to destroy the Gyaos. It's likely that they just took the Gyaos DNA and used it to make something to fight them.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Seems plausible. Something that the makers thought would be useful to fight the Gyaos was something like them, but it proved to be not as useful in the end.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Giga Kaiju wrote:Seems plausible. Something that the makers thought would be useful to fight the Gyaos was something like them, but it proved to be not as useful in the end.
Fight fire with fire was their first plan

Kaiser
G-Force Personnel

Post by Kaiser »

It's an artificially created squid thing that is the only member of its species in existence. It's sex is rather irrelevant honestly. Doesn't have one, probably doesn't need one.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Godzillian wrote:
Giga Kaiju wrote:Seems plausible. Something that the makers thought would be useful to fight the Gyaos was something like them, but it proved to be not as useful in the end.
Fight fire with fire was their first plan
Exactly. Create something to DESTROY something they already created. A concept already known, but it works in retrospect in the story told.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

In that case, Iris may not be able to reproduce at all. Being created to destroy the Gyaos, they probably were careful and left it without the ability to make kids just in case.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

They KNEW at that time what to do with a following creation, hence Iris BUT as we know, it didn't go exactly well. Cue then Gamera and the rest is history.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Giga Kaiju wrote:They KNEW at that time what to do with a following creation, hence Iris BUT as we know, it didn't go exactly well. Cue then Gamera and the rest is history.
Gamera was the last kaiju they made. After Irys failed they created Jiger, Zigra, and Barugon to combat the Gyaos all failed although it implies Barugon was effective at killing Gyaos but too dangerous to mass produce. Gamera was the final to be made but came too late. At thag point Atlantis was overwhelmed by Gyaos and couldn't be saved.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

Godzillian wrote:
Giga Kaiju wrote:They KNEW at that time what to do with a following creation, hence Iris BUT as we know, it didn't go exactly well. Cue then Gamera and the rest is history.
Gamera was the last kaiju they made. After Irys failed they created Jiger, Zigra, and Barugon to combat the Gyaos all failed although it implies Barugon was effective at killing Gyaos but too dangerous to mass produce. Gamera was the final to be made but came too late. At thag point Atlantis was overwhelmed by Gyaos and couldn't be saved.
Oh, right. That's from the comics if I'm not mistaken. If that's the case, it shows that they' were willing to keep creating monster if it meant to stop the species. Only it was too late for that.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Godzillian wrote:In the Gamera 2.5 manga it explains that Irys was the first attempt at creating a monster to destroy the Gyaos. It's likely that they just took the Gyaos DNA and used it to make something to fight them.
Pretty damn interesting in my opinion, it's learning information like this that make me wish more Gamera material was more readily available outside Japan. There's something about the Gamera lore that's so fascinating to me.
Resized Image

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

My only question is: Is any of that ACTUALLY canon?
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:My only question is: Is any of that ACTUALLY canon?
Considering it was produced by Kadokawa I would think so.
Resized Image

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

The lore seems too explained to not be canon. And since the company somehow gave it the OK, I don't see why not.

They don't seem like Disney with SW that made everything not the movies Non-Canon... -_-

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Considering that the movie had Zigra coming from outer space, I'd say it't not cannon. Though, it would work for Jiger and Barugon.