Is Space Godzilla a Fully Evolved Biollante?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Re: Is Space Godzilla a Fully Evolved Biollante?

Post by mikelcho »

I think that I found the article that I was looking for!

It's in G-Fan #38 (March-April 1999) and it's called "The Meltdown Theory Revised" by Michael Szczepanski.

At least I think that it is. If anyone can confirm this, please do so.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat May 18, 2019 8:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

mikelcho wrote:I think that I found the article that I was looking for!

It's in G-Fan #38 (March-April 1999) and it's called "The Meltdown Theory Revised" by Michael Szczepanski.

At least I think that it is. If anyone can confirm this, please do so.
This one?

(courtesy of archive.org)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

That is exactly what it is! Thank you very much, GigaBowserG! Maritonic, this is what I was talking about here!

Now, if this can just be adjusted to make the article readable on here, that would be great!
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat May 18, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

The fact Godzilla's cells fused with a crystal monster hints more to Spacegodzilla being a separate entity. That being said I do think he is still related to Biollante too. Apart from having some physical similarities,I like to think he can't die and just dispersed into energy just like Biollante did. Maybe he can evolve even more, wouldn't that be scary? After all, space is his home turf.

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

Remember the "tusks" were also on some video-game designs, namely Super-Godzilla-- it could be a common visual trope to say 'this is an exaggerated godzilla or godzilla-like being'.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.

Infinite Hollywood
Ronin

Post by Infinite Hollywood »

I seem to recall a book I had ages ago that basically stated all of these things as fact. Space Godzilla was part of Biollante's cells that had been mixed with black hole comic substances and that led to a disease that caused Godzilla's meltdown in the subsequent films. It's a fun narrative, even if none of that is evident directly in the films.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Omegamorph wrote:Remember the "tusks" were also on some video-game designs, namely Super-Godzilla-- it could be a common visual trope to say 'this is an exaggerated godzilla or godzilla-like being'.
This, basically.

All the stuff Biollante and SpaceGodzilla have in common comes from Godzilla.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

If SG had been an advanced form of Biollante, then I'd expect SG to have some plant like features. We see none of that on SG.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

edgaguirus wrote:If SG had been an advanced form of Biollante, then I'd expect SG to have some plant like features. We see none of that on SG.
It`s implied in Godzilla vs. Biollante that Godzilla`s cells are strange in that they eventually take over. There`s evidence to support this in film through GVB dialogue, as well as how Biollante`s first form is more plant then Godzilla. Biollante`s second form is more of a mixture leaning towards Godzilla.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.