Is Space Godzilla a Fully Evolved Biollante?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Re: Is Space Godzilla a Fully Evolved Biollante?

Post by NSZ »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:and in fact, going by the timeline, Biollante never existed,
That's debunked by the sheer fact that she's even referred to.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

NSZ wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:and in fact, going by the timeline, Biollante never existed,
True, the fact they even had footage of her makes that whole timeline wonky.
But still, like I said, it's never truly said that it was Biollante, but it could make sense that both Mothra and Biollante are to blame for Spacegodzilla
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
NSZ wrote:
True, the fact they even had footage of her makes that whole timeline wonky.
But still, like I said, it's never truly said that it was Biollante, but it could make sense that both Mothra and Biollante are to blame for Spacegodzilla
Japan never got rid of Godzilla they created the Heisei Godzilla. If the Godzillasaurs had been left on the island we most likely would have never got the Heisei Godzilla. The Futurians tried to use 54's origins for Heisei Godzilla's origins and thus created a second Godzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

It's suggested by humans that Mothra may have been involved but given the concept art and secondary head cannons combined with the humans statements it is more heavily implied to be Biollante to a point where it isn't ridiculous to assume so.

Also, I don't think it's Mothra because the Elias never bring it up. They never say that Mothra made Spacegodzilla and if such a thing happened I feel like they'd own up to it and send Mothra back to fight SG. Biollante was created by humans and Mothra is meant to fix balance and all sorts of wonky shit so it feels like SG in the end was created by humans through Biollante so they don't feel like it's their responsibility. If that makes sense!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

^ Oh, it does, don't worry lol.
It's pretty obvious that Biollante would be the cell doner, Biollante and Spacegodzilla both share tusks (even though all the new monsters from the Heisei series had tusks).

But what concept art are you talking about?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:^ Oh, it does, don't worry lol.
It's pretty obvious that Biollante would be the cell doner, Biollante and Spacegodzilla both share tusks (even though all the new monsters from the Heisei series had tusks).

These! (Sorry I can't embed properly, mobile fucks up for some reason.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/concept_art/ ... la_04.html
http://www.kaijuphile.com/theroost/conc ... m=7&pos=12
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:^ Oh, it does, don't worry lol.

These! (Sorry I can't embed properly, mobile fucks up for some reason.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/concept_art/ ... la_04.html
http://www.kaijuphile.com/theroost/conc ... m=7&pos=12
Lmao, neither of these work :lol:

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

I know this thread may be too old or dead or whatnot, but I thought I might give my own view into the mix.
Anyway, while I think it's possible that both Mothra and Biollante might've been catalysts to the "birth" of Spacegodzilla, I like to also think that Spacegodzilla contained a small piece of Erika (or at least a dark, fragile and broken one of her).
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

The whole "Biollante created SpaceGodzilla because they have visual similarities" theory always made me shake my head, because it obviously contradicts canon.

All the official material relating to SpaceGodzilla state that SpaceGodzilla was created from Godzilla's cells. Biollante only possibly helped create SpaceGodzilla by carrying Godzilla's cells into space, not by contributing her hybrid cells. SpaceGodzilla isn't a human-plant-Godzilla hybrid. Biollante didn't get tusks from her rose or Emiko genes, she got them from exaggerating Godzilla's multiple rows of teeth- so did SpaceGodzilla. The only characteristics the two kaiju have in common are what they got from Godzilla. There's just no logical progression from vegetable to mineral.

At any rate from a in-universe perspective, Biollante almost certainly did not help create SpaceGodzilla, because SpaceGodzilla didn't exist in the future the Futurians came from. In their timeline Godzilla never emerged after being defeated by the ANB and never faught any of the subsequent kaiju that appeared in the post-GvsKG timeline. Since SpaceGodzilla only appears after history was changed, the origin that makes the most sense is that he was created by Mothra carrying the G-cells into space in Godzilla vs Mothra. This seems consistent with Mothra being the first to know of SpaceGodzilla's threat and sending a warning to Earth.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Ivo-goji wrote:At any rate from a in-universe perspective, Biollante almost certainly did not help create SpaceGodzilla, because SpaceGodzilla didn't exist in the future the Futurians came from. In their timeline Godzilla never emerged after being defeated by the ANB and never faught any of the subsequent kaiju that appeared in the post-GvsKG timeline. Since SpaceGodzilla only appears after history was changed, the origin that makes the most sense is that he was created by Mothra carrying the G-cells into space in Godzilla vs Mothra. This seems consistent with Mothra being the first to know of SpaceGodzilla's threat and sending a warning to Earth.
..but Mothra only carried Godziller cells into space after fighting Godzilla, an event that didn't happen in the Futurians timeline either.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Terasawa wrote:
..but Mothra only carried Godziller cells into space after fighting Godzilla, an event that didn't happen in the Futurians timeline either.
Yes.

Exactly.

That's what I said.

SpaceGodzilla does not exist in the Futurians' timeline.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I reached this conclusion as well. Unless he did exist (I can't remember if there is an explicit mention of no further kaiju, or if there was room for other kaiju to have appeared without mention- after all, Rodan and Battra still would have, and they got no mention) and was stopped by a combination of Fire Rodan, Little Godzilla, possibly a barely-survived Mothra, possibly a returned Biollante or Battra, and the Super-XIII (without future-tech enhancements).

...Which does seem to make simply not having existed more likely.

OR, there is one further possibility; the lack of Godzilla's activity and/or lack of advanced future tech never draws SpaceGodzilla to Earth. Because Godzilla is KOed and Earth's tech profile is low, SpaceGodzilla opts for some other, more tantalizing target.

Admittedly, these seem slimmer options than his non-existence.

I still don't entirely count out the design-similarity notion, as the brief explanation of 'Godzilla cells in a black hole' we get is not comprehensive or from a knowledgeable enough source to preclude aspects of another donor from also being incorporated (after all, if both Godzilla and Biollante contributed, Godzilla still has the lion's share of genetic material; 100% in his half and 33% in Biollante)... and his 'death' is very reminiscent of Biollante's, with the implication of immortal, dispersed cells in a sparkly cloud. So I still cling to the Biollante-originator theory as a possible contender.

But the weight of probability and Occam's Razor definitely favors Mothra it is, quite admittedly, reaching a bit for any explanation that allows for Biollante (beyond the explanation of 'in the real world, the writers didn't think about it that hard').
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Ivo-goji wrote:The whole "Biollante created SpaceGodzilla because they have visual similarities" theory always made me shake my head, because it obviously contradicts canon.

All the official material relating to SpaceGodzilla state that SpaceGodzilla was created from Godzilla's cells. Biollante only possibly helped create SpaceGodzilla by carrying Godzilla's cells into space, not by contributing her hybrid cells. SpaceGodzilla isn't a human-plant-Godzilla hybrid. Biollante didn't get tusks from her rose or Emiko genes, she got them from exaggerating Godzilla's multiple rows of teeth- so did SpaceGodzilla. The only characteristics the two kaiju have in common are what they got from Godzilla. There's just no logical progression from vegetable to mineral.

At any rate from a in-universe perspective, Biollante almost certainly did not help create SpaceGodzilla, because SpaceGodzilla didn't exist in the future the Futurians came from. In their timeline Godzilla never emerged after being defeated by the ANB and never faught any of the subsequent kaiju that appeared in the post-GvsKG timeline. Since SpaceGodzilla only appears after history was changed, the origin that makes the most sense is that he was created by Mothra carrying the G-cells into space in Godzilla vs Mothra. This seems consistent with Mothra being the first to know of SpaceGodzilla's threat and sending a warning to Earth.
Its a never said Spacegodzilla doesn't exit in the Future timeline. What is said is that Godzilla never rises from the ANEB. Biollante called Godzilla out to fight its could be said that SpaceG did the same. With no Godzilla active there was nothing drawing him to Earth.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

That assumes Godzilla being sedated at the bottom of the sea somehow made him undetectable to SpaceGodzilla, who was able to telepathically locate our timeline's Godzilla from light years away within the depths of space.
Resized Image

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

That's kind of confusing to answer. Like it's been pointed out, Biollante was mentioned in his movie as a source of his creation. The problem is the lack of sense that makes since the timeline was altered, therefore she shouldn't exist since Godzillasaurus had been killed before his cells could reach the plant she evolved from. If cells did make it to that plant anyway, it wouldn't effect it like it did in her movie (AKA no sufficient radiation to create Biollante). I would say no, Spacegodzilla is not connected to Biollante.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

HillyHulk wrote:The problem is the lack of sense that makes since the timeline was altered, therefore she shouldn't exist since Godzillasaurus had been killed before his cells could reach the plant she evolved from.
No, Biollante absolutely exists in both timelines. The events of the first two Heisei films happened with and without time travel. The nuclear sub that transformed Godzillasaurus into Godzilla sank in 70s. If they intended for the 80s films to be erased from the timeline, Godzilla wouldn't need to be reborn that early.
Resized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Ivo-goji wrote:That assumes Godzilla being sedated at the bottom of the sea somehow made him undetectable to SpaceGodzilla, who was able to telepathically locate our timeline's Godzilla from light years away within the depths of space.
Biollante didn't call him out till he was free from Mt Mihara. You do bring up the strongest point on Mothra being the cell donor than Biollante.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Anyone heard of a predestination paradox?

Besides, the Furturians may be twisting a truth or two.
Last edited by SonOfGorgo on Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

SonOfGorgo wrote:Anyone heard of a predestination paradox?
Applying that logic to GvsKG completely contradicts what is stated in film.
Besides, the Furturians may be twisting a truth or two.
Interpretations that require revising what the characters actually said are an automatic nope.

And this is why I don't subscribe to the Biollante-as-SpaceGodzilla-progenitor theory. The more you examine it, the more you need invented details to make it work.
Resized Image

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I never even knew this was a thing people believed. I thought it was pretty evident in the film that Spacegodzilla was mutated Godzilla cells.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.