Is Space Godzilla a Fully Evolved Biollante?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
three
Keizer

Is Space Godzilla a Fully Evolved Biollante?

Post by three »

This is a theory I came up with after hearing a line of dialogue in the english dubbed version of the film Godzilla vs. Biollante. It is different from the theory that Space Godzilla is a creature born from Biollante in that it assumes that Space Godzilla IS in fact Biollante, and not a warped cell or two that went into a black hole.

Dr. Shiragami, upon seeing Biollante's final form proclaimed "Biollante...she's evolving...". Her appearance becomes more grotesque and yet more Godzilla like. We know following the final battle she ascends into space, and from what I gather is never mentioned or heard from again until Space Godzilla appears. Now based on the assumption that Biollante is constantly changing and the process of evolution is taking place, I believe it to be more than possible (in fact highly likely) that Biollante is the creature known as Space Godzilla.

There are some obvious nods to the former creature SG was, such as the tusks on its face. However, it's ability to change forms between what it's smallest molecular structure is (crystaline) is similar to Biollante's (spores), as well as the odd spot on SG's abdomen, which surprise surprise is also a red area where Biollante's nucleus would have been previously. So, what does TK think of my little hypothesis? Is it good, bad, ugly, similar enough to the other one featuring Biollante and SG to be irrelevant? Let's discuss.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Is Space Godzilla a Fully Evolved Biollante?

Post by SpaceG92 »

That idea was bounced around for a while. Trendmasters used this idea for their SpaceGodzilla origin. Other people like myself believe that SG is a spiritual reincarnation of Biollante in essence. We believe that when she died, some spores drifted into the black hole where Godzilla/Bio/other chick's mutant cells came across the crystal life form.

I theorized that the Godzilla cells are like the Marvel symbiote to a degree. Godzilla cells will abandon a previous biological make up and reject the old host (Plant/Human) in favor of something more suitable, the crystal organism. However, the cells adapt and keep the good parts of those cells, Human intelligence and Biollante's immortality then reject the rest in favor of the other. We also could call SpaceGodzilla the first, and only perfect Godzilla mutation. Normally Godzilla cells are high destructive, causing deformations and other nasty things. SpaceGodzilla lacks pretty much any of this. His body is a perfect adaptation of Godzilla/Biollante/Human/Crystal DNA and compounds. I'm getting ahead of myself :P One step at a time

You can find on my crackpot theories in the "Monster Discussion: Spacegodzilla" thread. I posted a few walls of text in there you might be interested in reading.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

I wouldn't necessarily say that, as Biollante was in her space rose form during the end credits of Godzilla vs. Biollante. I think that because of that, the theory of Mothra carrying the cells is more plausible since she flew to who knows how far into space and those cells could have fallen off anytime and got sucked into a black hole. But then again, SpaceGodzilla did dissolve like Biollante after Godzilla blew him up... But I think the Mothra theory is more likely just because of how far she flew
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

True but the very capable mind of SG leads me to think it wasn't just a lucky cell. What I mean is cells could have grown into a monster, but one with a similar mindset to Biollante as well as existing thinking ability (cells don't just grow brains and as I've read right here on TK Biollante had a nucleus full of stuff she needed since plants lack most of our organs as animals)...since Biollante was also evolving and had the same physical features it strikes me that she could've evolved into a more complete creature, and her power is thanks to a constant radioactive barrage from space.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Biollante as a rose was to symbolize her being at piece. Her DNA could hold which ever form she pleases, example being Perfect Cell from DBZ.

As for the Mothra thing, While it does make sense that she could have carried Godzilla DNA, it wouldn't really explain how SpaceGodzilla looks a lot like his relative. Perhaps Mothra accidently picked up floating Biollante spores and carried them? Who knows really.

@three: True, SpaceGodzilla wasn't a lucky, er in some aspect he was, creation. Almost all physical aspect and arguably the "soul" of Biollante is lost in SpaceGodzilla however.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Ah! But that is the beauty of this theory!! You see it includes Biollante minus Erika. That is to say Erika knew she couldn't control Biollante forever, and that Earth was no place for another Godzilla, so she took Biollante to space while it was weak.

There, she gradually lost control again, but by then Biollante was so far removed it made no difference. She was stuck. However, like all great creatures she continued to adapt. The Godzilla cells present in Biollante were empowered by the radiation and so evolution continued in the absence of Earthly sustenance.

Instead of slowing down growth, Biollante evolved even faster. Her brainpower came along with this and the nucleus gradually shifted to form a more animalistic organic structure. Her rage grew as her intellect did and finally she gained the ability to return home and take on Godzilla again. This is personally how I believe it went down. The cell theory is no good to me because its just cells --- they don't do much on their own, but a monster on its own certainly can be warped, especially if it is one stuck in perpetual evolution.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Interesting, I may have jumbled what you where trying to convey. SpaceGodzilla could in fact be the true "Godzilla" side of Biollante, which is what we saw part of in GvB, the brutal side. I still think the G-cells ejected the plant part/cells in favor of the crystal material. Godzilla's cells seem to be the pinnacle of "Natural Selection", SG and Biollante are proof of that.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Well lets figure this out: the cells didn't stay separate in Biollante, but rather combined to make a hybrid. They remained changing over time to become more like Godzilla, but when exposed to the environment that is space they began to adapt. That's something all survivors can do, I mean survivors in the animal word: adapt.

Biollante continued evolving. At first she called out to Godzilla, and later she only appeared to be getting more aggressive and intelligent, actively seeking Godzilla out and trying to change tactics to beat him in battle. The rose form seemed to be pretty redundant but the crocodile form was much more...it seemed tactical. Like the manner of attack was better coordinated and slightly more thought out to win. It also attacked the military: something that before Biollante ignored.

Her nucleus simply began to shift around and the organs began to develop: Biollante doesn't have a brain. It's a plant monster, BUT over time it's nervous system probably began to move into something more advanced, left the stomach nucleus, and moved to the head as the evolution to Godzilla continued to take place, only the space crystals forced their way into the body and had a major influence, so what we got was something less Godzilla like and more alien.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Then again, I can see how SpaceGodzilla is like Biollante because he does have the tusks, the flaps of skin on the sides of his mouth, can cause electrical disturbances and dissolves like Biollante did after her defeat. He also seems more aggresive towards Godzilla more than anything else which, if he is a further mutated version of Biollante, could be her thrist for revenge on Godzilla. But wouldn't that make SpaceGodzilla a female and then if it is Biollante, what ever happened to Erika? Did her spirit move on while the monster was taking complete control over the body or something?
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Much like Biollante's first two battles with Godzilla, Erika was overpowered. Over time as SG grew in power and evolved into being, Erika was totally consumed by its power.

And yes, SG would then be a she. I don't see that as an issue though since the continuity here is so damn strong with this theory, not that Heisei needed it.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Considering Biollante was a plant and female and that Godzilla cells only need a bond to grow I say Biollante gave birth to SpaceGodzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla Lover101 »

Cool theory, but I think the idea of the black hole mutation accounts for the more Godzilla-like body and powers. Also the crystal structures Spacegodzilla has weren't present on Biollante.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Godzilla Lover101 wrote:Cool theory, but I think the idea of the black hole mutation accounts for the more Godzilla-like body and powers. Also the crystal structures Spacegodzilla has weren't present on Biollante.

alot of stuff present on Biollante wasn't present on Biollante to begin with, but was present on Godzilla first. her appearance is the most notable change to her character over time, so i don't think it's a stretch to think she just went to space and evolved.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Biollante did change over time to be more Godzilla like, but a plant can't grow crystals. If SG was another version of Biollante, it would be more likely be a plant/monster hybrid similar to some of the concept art. It's possible that Biollante was in peace floating around space until a crystaline being struck it. The two merged, and the human side was completely wiped out by the maddening power of the new being called SG.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

edgaguirus wrote:Biollante did change over time to be more Godzilla like, but a plant can't grow crystals. If SG was another version of Biollante, it would be more likely be a plant/monster hybrid similar to some of the concept art. It's possible that Biollante was in peace floating around space until a crystaline being struck it. The two merged, and the human side was completely wiped out by the maddening power of the new being called SG.
yea, the crystals are explainable by the fact that Biollante was indeed warped in space. had she stayed Earthbound, of course the crystals would not have formed. however, in space they did for whatever reason you wanna believe (black hole, white hole, gamma rays, etc). as for the spirit of erica -- it left when Biollante ascended. personally i think the last thing erica did was send Biollante off as far as possible away from Earth, which is how it found its way to a black hole in the first place.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

If it was Biollante I'm sure TOHO would have alluded to that point more since Heisei had such a tight continuity.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Didn't the Ghidorah movie erase the original Godzilla? That would cause G'84 to not happen, so Biollante didn't happen... ugh, time travel plots. Granted, I haven't watched the Heisei movies in ages, so I don't remember everything about them.

Also, 666 posts, woot.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

PRIMEVAL wrote:Didn't the Ghidorah movie erase the original Godzilla? That would cause G'84 to not happen, so Biollante didn't happen... ugh, time travel plots. Granted, I haven't watched the Heisei movies in ages, so I don't remember everything about them.

Also, 666 posts, woot.
No Ghidorah is a Bootstrap paradox. The Futrians were always destined to create the Heisei Godzilla. Had they never come back in time Godzilla would have never been mutated.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

miguelnuva wrote:
PRIMEVAL wrote:Didn't the Ghidorah movie erase the original Godzilla? That would cause G'84 to not happen, so Biollante didn't happen... ugh, time travel plots. Granted, I haven't watched the Heisei movies in ages, so I don't remember everything about them.

Also, 666 posts, woot.
No Ghidorah is a Bootstrap paradox. The Futrians were always destined to create the Heisei Godzilla. Had they never come back in time Godzilla would have never been mutated.
I thought the Futrians made Godzilla more mutated by accident? Getting 20 meters taller or something? Man, I really gotta rewatch that film... >.<

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Also, 666 posts, woot.
actually no. The time travel element in that movie was dumb. Even though Godzilla was erased, people still remembered him.

anywho, I wouldnt go as far as saying that SG is a fully evolved biollante, but I will say that Biollante had an important part in SG's creation. Without her, the G cells would have never made it to space. Because of a few design elements(horns around his mouth and the way his belly is designed) id say that a biollante cell made it into space where it made contact with a crystal of somekind and the g cells latches onto the crystals and fused with them. The g cells to on some of the traits of the crystals(absorbing energy from other crystals and "cosmic energy") and used the crystals as a catalyst to fuel its regeneration.

Space Godzilla is in all essence a crystal godzilla. The horns and belly are simply leftover parts from biollante just like how humans have a few unused tail bones. Same principle except instead of evolution(actually for humans they are absorbed before you are born so not really evolution) its more like a metamorphosis or something like pokemon
Resized Image