Lost Project: Godzilla vs. Gigamoth

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Missingno.
G-Grasper

Lost Project: Godzilla vs. Gigamoth

Post by Missingno. »

What do you guys think of this lost project? I think it had some potential while it was in the works... Gigamoth hatching out of the same egg as mothra, the would have been first appearance of the DAG-MB96 (actually the modified freezer Maser tanks for that matter), and a second variant of the Anti Nuclear Energy Bacteria called antibody bacteria (which would separate the radiation from contaminated cells, instead of eating it). Discuss
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Re: Lost Project: Godzilla vs. Gigamoth

Post by Omegazilla »

The concept had some ideas I liked such as the masers, but I am glad it didn't see the light of day. I think Battra is a better concept of a "dark" Mothra. I prefer the idea of a Mothra that wants to protect the Earth and as such sees humanity as the enemy. Not like I enjoyed TBE, I thought it was the Heisei series' weakest link, but I certainly don't like how Godzilla seems to lose every battle in the script. At least in TBE he was shown to easily overpower Mothra and Battra 1v1. The plot also reeks of Hollywood cliches such as the romance plot. At least with the terrible divorce subplot in TBE, you feel it didn't dominate the film as much as this could have.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Frankly the Gigamoth monster, down to its origin, would be appealing to see used in a future movie. However, 99% of the rest of the movie is what we got anyways.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Battra_96
Yojimbo

Post by Battra_96 »

That project ended up giving us battra so I'm happy
Godzilla!!!!!!

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

I think the ideas sound great but Godzilla really seems tacked on.

I happen to REALLY like the thought of a heavily deformed and mutated Mothra. Battra was more or less Spawn as a butterfly. Gigamoth is more like Quasimodo.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Eh sounds like it would prob be just as good as TBFE but it did have some interesting ideas. The idea of a mutated mothra is really neat.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Saansilt wrote:I tought Gigamoth was battra and mothra combined?
Sort of like a Battra personality in the sense that it's an anti-Mothra, but it's a mutated Mothra whereas Battra is something else.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

While the film sounds interesting, I prefer Battra. An anti-Mothra is more interesting than a mutant one.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Anyone care to post a link to any information about Gigamoth and the plot?
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Anyone care to post a link to any information about Gigamoth and the plot?
http://tohokingdom.com/cutting_room/god ... gamoth.htm

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Godzillian wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:Anyone care to post a link to any information about Gigamoth and the plot?
http://tohokingdom.com/cutting_room/god ... gamoth.htm
I've read that, I meant, is their any extra info?
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Not that I'm aware of.

The romance subplot is an unusual one, but another film had romance with a time travel twist. One Shobjin/Cosmos/Elias is an oddity, though. It's normally associated with pairs.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

gigamoth doesn't look all that bad. i wouldn't mind if it was reintroduced or finally got its intro in the LP series...there's so much potential there.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gigamoth seems to me like it's what if Mothra began to turn into a creature More Like Godzilla. If Gigamoth comes back I would like to see it share a couple powers with Godzilla like the Atomic Breath.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

^^
I agree. I would like to have seen see an irradiated Mothra share Godzillalike traits as well.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

I honestly wish that Battra had Gigamoth's backstory. A mutated / corrupted Mothra sounds far more interesting than a dark n gritty 2edgy4me counterpart.

Benn_Sonic_exe
Monsterland Worker

Post by Benn_Sonic_exe »

Gigamoth himself sounds pretty cool.
AKA Jamie.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Benn_Sonic_exe wrote:Gigamoth himself sounds pretty cool.

i don't think there's a way you can have a downside to messing with Mothra to the point that it becomes a hostile, mutant super creature.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

I admit though, the whole idea of merging with either Gigamoth and/or Mothra does seem a bit odd to me.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Personally, like the finish product, this film sounds kinda boring. Gigamoth sounds like a cool antagonist, but there's nothing really to love about this plot. It's just... Godzilla fights Mothra and her deformed twin and everyone skreonnking dies.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!