Lost Project: Godzilla vs Ghost Godzilla

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Lost Project: Godzilla vs Ghost Godzilla

Post by Godzillian »

What do you think of the unmade film? What about the idea of the Ghost of the original Godzilla coming back?

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Re: Lost Project: Godzilla vs Ghost Godzilla

Post by GodzillaFan1992 »

I think it would've been a cool concept. :)

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

I have no idea how they'd do it, but I'd like to see it happen (not that it's likely that it will at this point). I know some people point to GMK Godzilla being sorta like a take on the supernatural Godzilla idea, but I'd like to see more of an actual "Ghost Godzilla".
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_0IbdUJ5jg

I took a crack at creating what I thought the film would be like awhile back. Always found the idea interesting.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I always liked this concept, and remain very curious was Kazuki Omori would have come up with as a thematic hook for it.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

With films like this I hope they keep such lost projects somewhere in order to potentially use them later.
고질라

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

A zombiefied g54 would be cool.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Living Corpse wrote:
Stevo_1985 wrote:A zombiefied g54 would be cool.
Kiryu? GMK? ;)

How is this supposed to work if there was no body? Is it one of those ghosts you can touch or would the living Godzilla be forced to beam spam (Heisei, very likely) him while the ghost can still touch him?
I can envision it as a Godzilla shape made up of the same substance as Godzilla's beam. A great, walking blue mist/energy.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Kiryu? GMK? ;)

How is this supposed to work if there was no body? Is it one of those ghosts you can touch or would the living Godzilla be forced to beam spam (Heisei, very likely) him while the ghost can still touch him?
Well thats my point. A zombie g would have substance. A fleshy skeletal mess.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Stevo_1985 wrote:
Well thats my point. A zombie g would have substance. A fleshy skeletal mess.
But I'm saying his body was gone, and I'd rather Ghost Godzilla be an actual specter than just a zombie given flesh again through mystic powers, we already got that in GMK.

I understand what your saying. But therr was no skeleton either but that didnt stop toho from resurfacing it. I just think a zombie g54 would look cooler.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I find a Ghost Godzilla more thematically appealing than a Zombie Godzilla.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

I want a zombie. That's it. A zombie G, exposed skeletal features, ripped hanging skin, exposed flesh, give him a purple ray too, to more signify him coming from the other side. Purple seems to be a cliche ghostly energy color right?

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Living Corpse wrote:
Kiryu? GMK? ;)

That's true, but as has been pointed out they managed to uncover the bones for the Kiryu saga, so they can basically re-write that again. It's obvious on screen that there was nothing left in G54, but they simply ignored that in the new continuity, which doesn't seem to have irritated many people here as far as I recall, so they might as well do it again. The actual misty ghost versus actual form is something to ponder, and I only see it working as being more "real" like GMK Godzilla. Otherwise anything else would not really be interesting from a battle perspective.
eabaker wrote:I find a Ghost Godzilla more thematically appealing than a Zombie Godzilla.
I would agree. I envision something akin to Dr. Manhattan's explanation once he become, well, himself, about putting himself together and all that. Now my idea was basically of people seeing this entity putting itself together over time, which creates its own obvious chaos before the final Ghost Godzilla appears, then the battle of the two Godzillas.
Last edited by Tohosaurus on Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
고질라

Baragon

Post by Baragon »

I think this could have been the best idea Toho has ever come up with for a Godzilla movie... other than Destroy all Monsters.. seeing the original Godzilla fighting the present day Godzilla would have everyone who watched on the edge of their seats because you would never know what would happen, who would win, or something..

BioBagan
Samurai

Post by BioBagan »

cultistofvertigo wrote: In far less exciting, non late-70's Godzilla news, I recently read a post from RaptorGear (you're not expected to know who that is or anything, I'm just purposefully avoiding naming the forum) regarding the Heisei perfection book. I guess he knows Japanese or something, because it contained a bunch totally new stuff about how Destroyah was born out of designs for Barbaroi (sort of like Battra-Gigamoth except not exactly the same monster) as intended for, get this, Godzilla vs. Ghost Godzilla. Yeah, I guess either Godzilla would have to fight GG and Barbaroi or maybe the Godzillas teamed up or something, and Barbaroi just became Destroyah (unfortunately) and the main antagonist once GG was dropped.
(From page 42 of "The "Unused Toho Creations" Thread!")

Id like to see something with the Godzilla, Ghost G, Barbaroi and assuming Anguirus seeing as though hes in the Barbaroi looking concept art. I'm not sure but I think Junior was going to be in it too. Sounds like a good homage to the first two movies and then some.

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

The most I can say for this is that I'd be very interested to see how Toho planned to pull it off. It seems a little out-there, though, even with as silly as the Heisei series gets at points.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

I think the idea morphed into TokyoSOS.

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaFan1992 »

ILL GREEN wrote:I think the idea morphed into TokyoSOS.
GMK Godzilla would like to say hi to you. ;)

S9y
Monarch Researcher

Post by S9y »

My question is why would the original Godzilla fight the current Godzilla? How would the current Godzilla even win?

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I thought the concept that the original Godzilla fighting the current Incarnation would be very interesting. But if they were to do it, I think the designs between the two should of been different. Like the original should look like well... the original, and the other should look similar to the more modern designs. I know this was going to be pretty much Godzilla 1954 vs Godzilla 90s, but this is if they would of brought the ideas back up.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"