Godzilla: The Animated Series

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)

What are your thoughts?

LOVE IT
36%
Like it
42%
Neutral
11%
Dislike it
5%
ARRRGHH SKREEENK GINO
6%

Total votes: 194

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla: The Animated Series

Post by Godzillian »

The show had some great original kaiju. I'd even go as far as to say some of them were on par with or even better then some of Toho's kaiju

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

Saansilt wrote:
Godzillian wrote:The show had some great original kaiju. I'd even go as far as to say some of them were on par with or even better then some of Toho's kaiju

I liked the monster island residants such as king cobra and Crex.
Cyberzilla was pretty neat as well.
My favorite was always El Gusano Gigante.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D
naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

C-rex was my personally fav. Too bad we will never see him or any of the other in a real kaiju film.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

The show did have a lot of wasted potential though. It never used any of the surviving kaiju like c-rex or king cobra except for the scale ep after monster wars. It would've been neat to have zilla team up with them similar to how godzilla did with rodan and mothra in GTTH.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

I agree with everything you guys said.

I admit, I am a fan of Zilla Jr. and I would love to see him show up in more stuff, maybe even in an official Godzilla movie, with his atomic breath and everything.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

gzilla46 wrote:I agree with everything you guys said.

I admit, I am a fan of Zilla Jr. and I would love to see him show up in more stuff, maybe even in an official Godzilla movie, with his atomic breath and everything.
I'd also like to see a few of the monsters from the series such as C-rex, King Cobra, and Queen Bee in offical Godzilla stuff as well be it video games, comics, or maybe even a film. I think some kaiju from this series along with zilla jr. have a lot of potential.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Godzillian wrote:
gzilla46 wrote:I agree with everything you guys said.

I'd also like to see a few of the monsters from the series such as C-rex, King Cobra, and Queen Bee in offical Godzilla stuff as well be it video games, comics, or maybe even a film. I think some kaiju from this series along with zilla jr. have a lot of potential.
Agreed. I want Zilla Jr. and some of the other G:TS Kaiju in more stuff. Because, Zilla Jr is actually a badass unlike his father. If they showed him kicking ass in a Godzilla film (not Godzilla's ass though), maybe people would have more respect for him.

Whether people actually would like him more if they did it that way is debatable, but I would love to see it.
Shadow Arena Records:

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

No. Cyber-Zilla is the best non-Zilla Jr. GTS Kaiju in my opinion.
Shadow Arena Records:

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Cyber-Zilla is pretty cool but IMO the best GTS Kaiju is c-rex. Cyber-Zilla would look great in a movie.

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

Zilla Jr, Cyber Zilla (which is just a robot version of the first Zilla), C-rex, El Gusano Gigante and King Cobra combined could probably trample Godzilla.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D
naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Godzillian wrote:Cyber-Zilla is pretty cool but IMO the best GTS Kaiju is c-rex. Cyber-Zilla would look great in a movie.
I liked C-rex for it's interesting design.
^This post in sexually offensive.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

the animated series kicked ass. far better than the movie itself. the characters were what made it.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

I actually hope they make another animated series based off the 2014 film. That would be cool. A show that could bring in kids fans while appealing to the adult crowd as well. That would be fun.
Shadow Arena Records:

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:
gzilla46 wrote:I actually hope they make another animated series based off the 2014 film. That would be cool. A show that could bring in kids fans while appealing to the adult crowd as well. That would be fun.
They wont.
Debatable.

Plus, you would like it if they did, wouldn't you?
Shadow Arena Records:

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Can we stop bumping this thread? LET IT DIE!
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Can we stop bumping this thread? LET IT DIE!
Well, most people do it because the animated series actually is really good. And I actually think Zilla Jr. is a cool monster unlike his movie counterpart. People bump this and other threads like this for a reason.
Shadow Arena Records:

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Can we stop bumping this thread? LET IT DIE!

goodness why not just withhold that snarkly remark you just had to add in earlier if you don't wanna be reminded this thread is active every day? :P

kidding, of course, but really though. it ain't that bad.

and gzilla, no, no animated anything following G2014. it just would not be seen as profitable. not at all. the best you'll get is toys to collect. a show? nope. think again.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

The kaiju in this series aren't really at the same level as Godzilla or other Toho kaiju. They are smaller and much weaker. Godzilla battling them would be like how his fights in final wars went. Quickly and without any trouble. Giant Bat is one of the best in the series.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:The kaiju in this series aren't really at the same level as Godzilla or other Toho kaiju. They are smaller and much weaker. Godzilla battling them would be like how his fights in final wars went. Quickly and without any trouble. Giant Bat is one of the best in the series.
This is basically what I said in the post before LC's. Curse the new page!
lol really?

Zilla jr probably stands a better chance then the zilla in final wars but I doubt he is strong enough to be able to go head to head with godzilla for long like mothra and king ghidorah

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Godzillian wrote:The kaiju in this series aren't really at the same level as Godzilla or other Toho kaiju. They are smaller and much weaker. Godzilla battling them would be like how his fights in final wars went. Quickly and without any trouble. Giant Bat is one of the best in the series.
Yeah. I will agree with you that at. But, they are kind of more unique than the Toho Kaiju. How often do you an electricity monster (except Ghidorah's beams) and C-Rex is interesting.
Shadow Arena Records: