Unnecasary atomic breath?

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
KaijuAlertSystem
Gotengo Officer

Re: Unnecasary atomic breath?

Post by KaijuAlertSystem »

Atmoic breath is never unnecessary. The world would be far better with larger amounts of atomic breath.

Panther10
JXSDF Technician

Post by Panther10 »

I always thought that his atomic energy was not so much due to a nuclear digesting set of genes (as was described in Godzilla vs Biollante) Or even via a nuclear power plant inside his body. Rather I think Godzilla's atomic breath is more akin to an adrenal response. When Godzilla is under duress or angry he fires that ray out of his mouth. So it's like his body has kicked into overdrive and all of the residual nuclear energy begins to build inside his body and it causes Godzilla's adrenal system to go through a cathartic and catastrophic release. I mean all of that pent up energy has to go somewhere- but instead of being distributed from his adrenal cortex which pumps blood and oxygen into his heart and muscles under normal circumstances (along with the radiated cells therein) it's spontaneously released out of his mouth.
Last edited by Panther10 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Panther10 wrote:I always thought that his atomic energy was not so much due to a nuclear digesting set of genes (as was described in Godzilla vs Biollante) Or even via a nuclear power plant inside his body. Rather I think Godzilla's atomic breath is more akin to an adrenal response. When Godzilla is under duress or angry he fires that ray out of his mouth so its like his body has kicked into overdrive and all of the residual nuclear energy inside his body goes through a cathartic and catastrophic release. I mean all of that pent up energy has to go somewhere- but instead of being distributed from his adrenal cortex which pumps blood and oxygen into his heart and muscles (along with the radiated cells therein) it's spontaneously released out of his mouth.
Maybe but there are times he does when he isn't really under pressure or stress like when he blew up the tower with Shindo in it in GvKG.

Panther10
JXSDF Technician

Post by Panther10 »

Godzillian wrote:
Panther10 wrote:I always thought that his atomic energy was not so much due to a nuclear digesting set of genes (as was described in Godzilla vs Biollante) Or even via a nuclear power plant inside his body. Rather I think Godzilla's atomic breath is more akin to an adrenal response. When Godzilla is under duress or angry he fires that ray out of his mouth so its like his body has kicked into overdrive and all of the residual nuclear energy inside his body goes through a cathartic and catastrophic release. I mean all of that pent up energy has to go somewhere- but instead of being distributed from his adrenal cortex which pumps blood and oxygen into his heart and muscles (along with the radiated cells therein) it's spontaneously released out of his mouth.
Maybe but there are times he does when he isn't really under pressure or stress like when he blew up the tower with Shindo in it in GvKG.
Well I'm sure even though its mostly spontaneous he does know how to focus it into a weapon if need be. Sort of like an artificial fight or flight response. I'm curious how he might have reacted though the very first time he used the beam. I'd bet dollars to donuts it wasn't pleasant. Probably scared the hell out of him.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla was aiming at Rodan in MechaGodzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

kiryu42red
Interpol Agent

Post by kiryu42red »

miguelnuva wrote:Godzilla was aiming at Rodan in MechaGodzilla.

but he wasn't even looking at radon. he was underwater when he fired his beam at radon

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

kiryu42red wrote:

but he wasn't even looking at radon. he was underwater when he fired his beam at radon
He could have been looking at him from under the water. Like how a crocodile looks at prey while its still under water.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

kiryu42red wrote:

Lights look up and Rodan and then the beam comes, Godzilla clearly aimed.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The Archer Fish attacks its prey from the water. Water provides Godzilla camoflage plus some cover, so why not attack from beneath?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

kiryu42red
Interpol Agent

Post by kiryu42red »

edgaguirus wrote:The Archer Fish attacks its prey from the water. Water provides Godzilla camoflage plus some cover, so why not attack from beneath?

exactly. it makes it more suspenseful if you don't know where your target is

The Royal SCP
Yojimbo

Post by The Royal SCP »

SpaceG92 wrote:Not exactly. It's sort of like a burp, a force which you really can't control forcing its way up. It will force its way out in the form of an Atomic Breath instead of his body collapsing down and melting down from the with held energy.
That makes ton of sense!
The TRUE Royal SCP