Favorite Godzilla Suit of the Heisei Series

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)

What is your favorite suit of the Heisei Series?

84-Goji (Return of Godzilla)
19%
Bio/Ghido-Goji (Godzilla vs. Biollante/Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah)
58%
Batto-Goji (Godzilla vs. Mothra)
3%
Rado-Goji (Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla)
3%
Moge-Goji (Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla)
6%
Desu-Goji (Godzilla vs. Destroyah)
12%

Total votes: 119

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Re: Favorite Godzilla Suit of the Heisei Series

Post by Kaijunator »

BioGoji is best. DesuGoji is a close second.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Something about the Batto suit was really catlike, especially the animatronic head. I think back to the close ups during the egg hatch fight and he straight up looks like a cat, with his skin pattern even resembling fur.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I like the Battogoji for its more fearsome eyes and teeth- though, the latter King Ghidorah suits-onward might all have those features, I wasn't paying close enough attention.

I'd be perfectly happy calling Biogoji a favorite- I think I just like those refinements of the meanness in Battogoji 2% more.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

It's a three way tie for me. Either 84Goji, Desu-Goji, or Bio/GhidoGoji. 84Goji makes a callback to the original, even possessing a set of fangs like the 50's Godzilla suits, Bio/Ghido-Goji is what I wish the common Godzilla suit would look like, because both of them are muscular, look powerful, and don't look anything like a rubber suit. Desu-Goji just looks straight up awesome, and the glowing spots on it make it look even more real.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

84. It's just the one I remember the most and up until G14 was the mental image I would have whenever one mentioned Godzilla.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

godzilla1541 wrote:
RandomDeinonychus wrote:To be fair, the Heisei Godzilla tails don't have the best track record in water scenes:

http://dreamers.com/indices/imagenes/pe ... MAGEN7.jpg
But isn't that the 91 suit and not the 92?
Actually, that is a water specific suit made for the film. It has a flatter snout and jaw, smaller eyes, rounded shoulders, and a spine pattern that is a mix between 91 and 92. This suit would later be used in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 93 for when Godzilla appears at Adonoa Island and the Makahurai District of Tokyo for the final battle. Honestly, it makes me wonder if this was originally the NG suit for Biollante, as a lot of it's appearances seem to match up with it's description.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."