What Could Have Been: Godzilla vs. Gamera

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Legion1979
Justiriser

Re: What Could Have Been: Godzilla vs. Gamera

Post by Legion1979 »

miguelnuva wrote:What rumored American Gamera?
Exactly. There's no American Gamera, and there probably never will be.

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Post by KJ Corp »

Legion1979 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:What rumored American Gamera?
Exactly. There's no American Gamera, and there probably never will be.
Going by what Hollywood is doing, whe shouldn't be so sure...

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Nah, I'm pretty sure.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I only see Gamera getting an American remake if Godzilla just blows the box office out the water and if it does it will be someone else trying to start it up and not Legendary.

Alos they'll try an American Ultraman before Gamera most likely.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

Knowing our luck Roland Emmerich will make the American Gamera.
Where Gamera looks like a frog in a small shell that humps the ground and spawns baby froggies that shoot fire out their ass.

But a American Gamera doesn't seem possible, at least not for a long time.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Tyler wrote:
Legion1979 wrote:Nah, I'm pretty sure.
Weren't you sure there would never be another American Godzilla?
And I was wrong. But this is Gamera, who is only really known in this country for being an MST3K joke. There's a market for Godzilla in this country. You can't really say the same for Gamera.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Living Corpse wrote:Actually, I can see an American Gamera and even Ultraman as well as several original IPs if Godzilla does well enough. People in Hollywood are gonna see that there is a market for giant monsters and try to cash in.
i can see this as well, but more likely a gamera film. Ultraman would be.....a more childish thing that i see kids wanting to go to instead of adults
Resized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Beef Bigshot wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:Actually, I can see an American Gamera and even Ultraman as well as several original IPs if Godzilla does well enough. People in Hollywood are gonna see that there is a market for giant monsters and try to cash in.
i can see this as well, but more likely a gamera film. Ultraman would be.....a more childish thing that i see kids wanting to go to instead of adults
Ultraman can be very adult driven depending on what kinda of story and nostalgic they go for.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

According to Snowden at Monster Zero, the american Gamera script comes off as an Iron Man movie and nothing kiddie about it. Hope he is right.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ILL GREEN wrote:According to Snowden at Monster Zero, the american Gamera script comes off as an Iron Man movie and nothing kiddie about it. Hope he is right.
Wait he has a Gamera script now? From who and from where? I think we might need to put the you were right speech to Godzillaman in pre production.

I hope he really does have a script though and an American Gamera movie is in the works.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

miguelnuva wrote:
ILL GREEN wrote:According to Snowden at Monster Zero, the american Gamera script comes off as an Iron Man movie and nothing kiddie about it. Hope he is right.
Wait he has a Gamera script now? From who and from where? I think we might need to put the you were right speech to Godzillaman in pre production.

I hope he really does have a script though and an American Gamera movie is in the works.
It appears that way. Though Snowden has been banned for a week now, don't think we be able to get more out of him. Here's one of his quotes...

by Snowdenzilla » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:27 pm
I've got half of a script for what I'm assuming is an American Gamera remake. I have no idea how legitimate it is--- but it's quite good.

Does anyone have any idea who had the rights to Gamera, or if anything is going on? The document is titled, "The Guardian" and from what I have, it appears to be:

Spoiler Below:

I've had this for the better part of a year, and nobody in my circle has any clue what it's all about. Is it fan produced? Any ideas?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

ILL GREEN wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:

It appears that way. Though Snowden has been banned for a week now, don't think we be able to get more out of him. Here's one of his quotes...

by Snowdenzilla » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:27 pm
I've got half of a script for what I'm assuming is an American Gamera remake. I have no idea how legitimate it is--- but it's quite good.

Does anyone have any idea who had the rights to Gamera, or if anything is going on? The document is titled, "The Guardian" and from what I have, it appears to be:

Spoiler Below:

I've had this for the better part of a year, and nobody in my circle has any clue what it's all about. Is it fan produced? Any ideas?
I made a new topic to discuss this so we can move it over there. He needs to post this script for someone else this time.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Kaneko would've been an ideal director for such imo.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I'm honestly trying to picture the idea of what an american Gamera will look like? I wonder if they'll change his appearance like they did with Godzilla 1998 but to that of a Salamander. :P

Okay maybe I'm thinking too much...

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

SpanishBullDog is going to rain UnHoly Retribution on you guys for bumbing these threads, lol. :lol: :)
Godzilla

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

......SonofGorgo, we literally just finished having this conversation about reviving dead threads. Enjoy your warning and a final STOP.

Godzillafan1990's, if you don't want a warning, I suggest you heed the above very carefully.
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image