Pteranodon Robot (Did it mean something to Baby?)

For discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1980 up to 1998 (includes Gamera 3)
Terrier
JXSDF Technician

Pteranodon Robot (Did it mean something to Baby?)

Post by Terrier »

Remember the Pteranodon Robot, from 'Godilla vs. Mechagodzilla II'? That thing was serious business, as evidenced by almost two weeks of nothing but concept art of it and cameos in the cartoons.

But anyway, you know the scenne in wich Aoki and Gojo are flying it over Baby Godzilla, before it crashes... I was wondering if there was a reason for that scenne besides introducing the flying machine Aoki would later use to flee Garuda.

I've seen the movie only once, so I'm not sure. What I got is that Baby Godzilla, being telepathic, can comunicate with Rodan, Godzilla, and Gojo; he is also very receptive to that song that was taken from... a plant, the song made him hatch from his egg, and latter when a group of telepathic children sang it to him... I think his telepathic powers increased, allowing him to call Rodan and power him up into Fire Rodan.

Even though Baby Godzilla never saw Rodan, chances are he could feel him while inside the egg... so what if seeing the Pteranodon Robot flying over him and then crashing into the ground somehow reminded him of Rodan, who was hurt and weakened back in the island? The memories of Rodan could have been made stronger while hearing the song, making Baby Godzilla comunicate with Rodan, heal him, and turn him into Fire Rodan.

Maybe I'm saying something obvious but didn't realize it was obvious, but I didn't find any mention of it in the forum or in the Pteranodon Robot's bio from the site, so what do you think?

While we are at it, what do you think of the Pteranodon Robot?

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Pteranodon Robot (Did it mean something to Baby?)

Post by Biogoji »

Terrier wrote:Remember the Pteranodon Robot, from 'Godilla vs. Mechagodzilla II'? That thing was serious business, as evidenced by almost two weeks of nothing but concept art of it and cameos in the cartoons.

But anyway, you know the scenne in wich Aoki and Gojo are flying it over Baby Godzilla, before it crashes... I was wondering if there was a reason for that scenne besides introducing the flying machine Aoki would later use to flee Garuda.

I've seen the movie only once, so I'm not sure. What I got is that Baby Godzilla, being telepathic, can comunicate with Rodan, Godzilla, and Gojo; he is also very receptive to that song that was taken from... a plant, the song made him hatch from his egg, and latter when a group of telepathic children sang it to him... I think his telepathic powers increased, allowing him to call Rodan and power him up into Fire Rodan.

Even though Baby Godzilla never saw Rodan, chances are he could feel him while inside the egg... so what if seeing the Pteranodon Robot flying over him and then crashing into the ground somehow reminded him of Rodan, who was hurt and weakened back in the island? The memories of Rodan could have been made stronger while hearing the song, making Baby Godzilla comunicate with Rodan, heal him, and turn him into Fire Rodan.

Maybe I'm saying something obvious but didn't realize it was obvious, but I didn't find any mention of it in the forum or in the Pteranodon Robot's bio from the site, so what do you think?

While we are at it, what do you think of the Pteranodon Robot?
Maybe baby godzilla might have thought it was rodan becasue he would had saw rodan but then he realises it and cries out for rodan which makes rodan power godzilla up to defeat mechagodzilla so baby godzilla could have a dad.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Gawdziller wrote:He just wanted to hump it. He was going through "that" phase.
*Sniff.* They grow up so fast... :cry:
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

I could be wrong but I thought baby G never even saw Rodan. He hatched in that Lab didn't he? I think he was just watchin that Lady.
Last edited by ScootaVaran on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

^ True, but we do know that the Godzilla species of that timeline had at least some sort of telepathy-like power. Perhaps he communicated with Rodan when they were both eggs?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Terrier
JXSDF Technician

Post by Terrier »

I wonder if Baby Godzilla sensed Rodan while he was still an egg. He could have sensed Rodan flying around the island sometimes. Then in the lab, sensing his "mother" flying above him like he may have sensed Rodan do so, reminded him of Rodan in some way, at least subconsciously. Then while hearing the song, he used his telepathic abilities to their full strenght, and because of having seen the pteranodon robot is that he communicated with Rodan ack in the island.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

Tyler wrote:That guy just had a thing for "small flying dinosaurs."
*Flaps arms*
Fixed.
He had a crush on Rodan, Rodan just wanted to be friends. Then he saw that robot flying and it rekindled his love for Rodan.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Terrier
JXSDF Technician

Post by Terrier »

Shadow wrote:
Tyler wrote:That guy just had a thing for "small flying dinosaurs."
*Flaps arms*
Fixed.
He had a crush on Rodan, Rodan just wanted to be friends. Then he saw that robot flying and it rekindled his love for Rodan.
That's sorta what I'm trying to say. It's seems too much of a coincidence to me, having that robot that happens to be designed after a pteranodon like Rodan (Well... sorta), in a zoo cage that kind of gives the idea of an island (Even if because of the isolation involved), with the pteranodon robot flying above Baby Godzilla like we can assume Rodan did with the egg back in the island... and then the robot crashing, while Rodan himself was dying in the ground back in the island... the amount of time the flying scenne lasts makes me think that it had an intention. It may have to do with Baby Godzilla later communicating with Rodan and powering him up while listening to the song...

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

I though the Robot "helped" Baby Godzilla to remember Rodan so that he could
communicate telepathically and in the process he Powered up Rodan (Godzilla's radioactivity
helped that fact also).
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Dust_pan
Futurian

Post by Dust_pan »

I figured Baby was just curious about the weird, flying metal contraption. There's also the earlier mentioned idea that he was merely watching his mum, what's-her-name.
Q: Will we see that monster that Bryan was going to reveal this morning at the press conference?
Cranston: Oh yeah! The only Godzilla movie with an X-rating.

Mitchal
Interpol Agent

Post by Mitchal »

You people really look to deeply into these goofy monster movies. There is no "deeper meaning" behind anything in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. It's a movie about giant monsters hitting eachother.

Terrier
JXSDF Technician

Post by Terrier »

Mitchal wrote:You people really look to deeply into these goofy monster movies. There is no "deeper meaning" behind anything in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. It's a movie about giant monsters hitting eachother.
Riiiiiight... it all always comes to this, it's a dumb movie with monsters fighting, there is absolutely nothing more, it's not like the majority of the footage is about human characters and other non-action scennes intended to tie things together, to justify the action scennes when they come... it's also not like these movies have directors and writters and the like, trying to do their own thing, to tell a story, to show something; nope, all these movies are made under some kind of omnipotent influence that dictates that they all shall not even try to go beyond the idea of a dumb monster movie with nothing but dumb action... totally...

Dust_pan
Futurian

Post by Dust_pan »

Mitchal wrote:You people really look to deeply into these goofy monster movies. There is no "deeper meaning" behind anything in Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla. It's a movie about giant monsters hitting eachother.
Essentially, yes. But they add a bunch of non-fighty stuff too, that fans would no doubt take interest in.
Last edited by Dust_pan on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Q: Will we see that monster that Bryan was going to reveal this morning at the press conference?
Cranston: Oh yeah! The only Godzilla movie with an X-rating.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

I can never understand why evey thread has to have a "it's just a movie" post.
We realize it's just a movie. We're just having fun talking about a movie we enjoy.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Terrier
JXSDF Technician

Post by Terrier »

The movie has telepathy as a plot element, and the whole movie centers around the thelepathic monster Baby Godzilla... But it seems there is absolutely no chance of thelepathy having its rules and way to work consistently in the movie, because it's just a Godzilla movie, wich goes without even watching the movie and paying atention to it...

I guess people who have nothing to contribute to the discussion at least have something to say because of that...

Terrier
JXSDF Technician

Post by Terrier »

Tyler wrote:I wouldn't pay attention to the miserable thing that is Mitchal.
Uh, nothing against him. While it is possible to go way too far (like when getting into conspiracy theories territory), it still bugs me when pretty much any observation about a movie and the intentions of the people behind it is flat out dismissed because "it's just a movie".

Baby Godzilla is obviously an empathic monster, he has strong emotions, Rodan is the one who took care of him while he was still in the egg, and he spent a couple of long minutes watching a pteranodon-like thing, from all things, right were his current "mother" was, and soon afterwards he communicated with Rodan... I don't know, it doesn't sound impossible to me that all this was done intentionally to tie things together in an interesting way.

Mitchal
Interpol Agent

Post by Mitchal »

Terrier wrote:
Riiiiiight... it all always comes to this, it's a dumb movie with monsters fighting, there is absolutely nothing more, it's not like the majority of the footage is about human characters and other non-action scennes intended to tie things together, to justify the action scennes when they come... it's also not like these movies have directors and writters and the like, trying to do their own thing, to tell a story, to show something; nope, all these movies are made under some kind of omnipotent influence that dictates that they all shall not even try to go beyond the idea of a dumb monster movie with nothing but dumb action... totally...
This isn't true for all G-films, but for Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, it is most certainly just a giant monster flick.