DAM and GvsMegalon from Media Blasters (v.2)

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Goji
Xilien Halfling

Re: DAM and GvsMegalon from Media Blasters (v.2)

Post by Goji »

^ I wonder the same thing about people around these parts sometimes..

Btw, that flyboy pic was perfect. Best "my god" pic ever.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

Goji wrote:^ I wonder the same thing about people around these parts sometimes..

That was a Nishiyama quote. I am disappoint, Goji.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

LOL, wow. I didn't even realize that. That face, is also way too good.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

At this point it looks like he's about to lay a shart.

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

Goji wrote:Define "much higher price". It's not like anybody in there right mind would ever pay more than a good $60-$80 for such a thing anyway.
$60-$80 is still 3-4 times of the original price.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Not really. The list price for the DVD was pretty high to begin with (at least $30), it's just that many of us got lucky, and got it for dirt cheap online around release.

This still doesn't answer my question. What exactly do you consider to be "a much higher price"? Because you do realize the guy selling that copy for $1000 is insane, right?

Destroyer
G-Grasper

Post by Destroyer »

...Seriously? If I would have known this would happen, I would have bought the Blu-Ray when it was first released.
Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. ~Ephesians 5:16

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Destroyer_199

Owner of http://destroyer14.com/

Editor/Reviewer for http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/.

Brian R Culver
Yojimbo

Post by Brian R Culver »

Why are so many people here surprised about the DAM disc being out of print? It’s been pretty general knowledge in the fandom for months now that there were issues with future pressings. That coupled with all of the MB financial woes that came out around the same time should have sent off warning bells. Was this not covered on the TK boards?

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

^If you search back, there are many people like myself that have shouted from the rooftops about MB less than stellar service when it comes to hitting their release dates, budget cut backs etc for the past 5 years at least... Still... since it basically effected very few fans here, you can question their reaction, but it is human nature. Nobody reacts until it effects them personally.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Brian R Culver wrote:Why are so many people here surprised about the DAM disc being out of print? It’s been pretty general knowledge in the fandom for months now that there were issues with future pressings. That coupled with all of the MB financial woes that came out around the same time should have sent off warning bells. Was this not covered on the TK boards?
I see two people that are surprised by it. That's not very many.

I technically got my copy of the BD for free, it seems. Deep Discount still hasn't charged my account for the $15, and I ordered it at the end of October.

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

Goji wrote:Not really. The list price for the DVD was pretty high to begin with (at least $30), it's just that many of us got lucky, and got it for dirt cheap online around release.

This still doesn't answer my question. What exactly do you consider to be "a much higher price"? Because you do realize the guy selling that copy for $1000 is insane, right?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005G7 ... e=&seller=

Huh, guess it is more affordable then I thought for the DVD. Still, the price is too steep for what you get.

And the Blu-ray's price is way too high.

Still, the prices will go up as the supply decreases and there are less new and sealed DVDs/Blu-rays.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

^ It ain't Titanosaurus anymore. Toho wants you to call him "Chitanozorus" now.

Shōbijin
GPN Volunteer

Post by Shōbijin »

Tamura wrote:^ It ain't Titanosaurus anymore. Toho wants you to call him "Chitanozorus" now.
I hope you're kidding.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Yes, he is quite clearly kidding.

bananaoil
G-Force Personnel

Post by bananaoil »

I visited a comic shop in town I seldom frequent, and the owner was oblivious about how rare his two bluray copies of DAM were. Snagged a new copy for $30.
Daikaiju is better with rainbows!!!

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

I just found a DVD copy of DAM for $15 at my local Hastings...if anyone is having trouble finding a copy, PM me and I can have it shipped to ya.
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

^ Thanks. Although I'm sure we agree that news from MB is to be taken very lightly, its still nice to have someone report their Facebook comments since well... not Everyone uses Facebook, such as myself. You would think they would actually use their website to post news, but oh well... that might be too costly.

Maybe they plan to release Megalon on the same day as the more recent push back day for the Gamera:The Brave Blu-Ray (9/25/12)? I dont plan on purchasing either at this point, ( I own the Gamera:The Brave MB DVD & Madman Megalon DVD) but I figure I've been following the story since 4/1/11, might as well see it through to the end.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

I wonder if that commentary will ever see the light of day. It was one of the main reasons I was looking forward to the release...

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Yeah. If we're just looking at a subtitled DVD of the Japanese transfer playable on American machines, well... That's why we have bootlegs. If it were a Blu, it might be a different story. But another SD release... I'll pass.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Media Blasters' full post on the subject just for the record:
It has been announced a while ago but the bareones DVD of GvM is done and at replicators. Approved 100% by Toho and will be shipping in September to stores. There is no blu ray right now cause not approved by Toho yet but we do plan on doing one. The issues with the Godzilla stuff was an issue of us pushing too fast without Toho finishing approvals. We went overboard on the extras.

Someone asked if it had been pushed back from the August date and MB's poster corrected themself and said the August date is still on. So at least at this point they are still hoping to do a BRD, no doubt with at least some of the extras that the DVD/BRD 2011 release was originally supposed to have.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren