DAM and GvsMegalon from Media Blasters (v.2)

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
photosurrealism
Ronin

Re: DAM and GvsMegalon from Media Blasters (v.2)

Post by photosurrealism »

Deep Discount sent me confirmation of shipping my GvM BD on Friday, but there's no info on the tracking number yet, so I don't know if that's really true.

Not quite coincidentally, finally got to watching my DAM BD (yes, the one with all the extras) last night. Pretty darn neat.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Despite the DAM DVD being crucified by Toho, it at least was one of the most packed kaiju DVDs I've ever seen with special features and all.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Just got my copy of Megalon!
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

It looks like Blowitouttahere and Deep Discount have sold out of their initial stock. I was contemplating ordering a copy from one of them but the former said it was on backorder whil the latter said it wouldn't ship for 4-5 days.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Jory
Monarch Researcher

Post by Jory »

Ugh. I was waiting to place an order for Destroy All Monsters because I wasn't sure if it would even get released. Hearing about people getting shipping notifications got my hopes up, but then I saw that websites were pushing it back to September 2nd or indefinitely. What the hell is up with Tokyo Shock and their Godzilla releases? It seems to be a constant string of disasters.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Jory wrote:Ugh. I was waiting to place an order for Destroy All Monsters because I wasn't sure if it would even get released. Hearing about people getting shipping notifications got my hopes up, but then I saw that websites were pushing it back to September 2nd or indefinitely. What the hell is up with Tokyo Shock and their Godzilla releases? It seems to be a constant string of disasters.
According to MB's page, they only printed 5000 copies of each film. So supplies are limited.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!

Emperor5353
Monsterland Worker

Post by Emperor5353 »

Thank goodness I preordered from blowitouttahere..tracking info shows I am getting both DAM and Megalon tomorrow..whew

photosurrealism
Ronin

My (pre-ordered) Megalon from Deep Discount is out for delivery now, so I should have it today. I tried to get it when I got the other DAM BD from them in 2011, so it's nice to finally have both. And, other than G85 of course, it completes my Godzilla discs!

Godsteigman
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godsteigman »

I ordered from Deep Discount and it shipped on the 23rd.. 6 days later its still in KY..
I like their prices but waiting for something to get delivered via their service (Same as Import CDs) is atrocious.. :freak:

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

*Checks*

Amazon still hasn't shipped. :(

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Godsteigman wrote:I ordered from Deep Discount and it shipped on the 23rd.. 6 days later its still in KY..
I like their prices but waiting for something to get delivered via their service (Same as Import CDs) is atrocious.. :freak:
Don't know why it's taken so long for you. Mine was shipped out and arrived within 3-5 days.

GodzFire
Samurai

Post by GodzFire »

I have in my hands the Blu's for both Destroy All Monsters, and Godzilla Vs Megalon. They arrived today.
G . o . D . z . F . i . R . e

photosurrealism
Ronin

Does the new DAM disc have a different UPC than the old one (631595112481)?

Emperor5353
Monsterland Worker

Post by Emperor5353 »

My blu rays came today from blowitouttahere today!!!

And DAM does have a different UPC

Jory
Monarch Researcher

Post by Jory »

Alright, placed an order for DAM from "otakugalaxy" on eBay. May as well do it now before this friggin' thing goes out of print yet again. But I won't believe it until I'm holding it in my hand.

GodzFire
Samurai

Post by GodzFire »

Jory wrote:Alright, placed an order for DAM from "otakugalaxy" on eBay. May as well do it now before this friggin' thing goes out of print yet again. But I won't believe it until I'm holding it in my hand.
So you're calling me a liar?

Godsteigman
Monsterland Worker

Post by Godsteigman »

goji1986 wrote:
Godsteigman wrote:I ordered from Deep Discount and it shipped on the 23rd.. 6 days later its still in KY..
Don't know why it's taken so long for you. Mine was shipped out and arrived within 3-5 days.

Probably depends on ones location..Departed from KY on the 26th is the last update..

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

GodzFire wrote:
Jory wrote:Alright, placed an order for DAM from "otakugalaxy" on eBay. May as well do it now before this friggin' thing goes out of print yet again. But I won't believe it until I'm holding it in my hand.
Yes, because Jory is concerned about these possibly going out of print again, that totally makes you a liar because you received yours in the mail. That makes absolutely no sense. Theirs no correlation between the two.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

GodzFire
Samurai

Post by GodzFire »

Goji wrote:
GodzFire wrote:
Yes, because Jory is concerned about these possibly going out of print again, that totally makes you a liar because you received yours in the mail. That makes absolutely no sense. Theirs no correlation between the two.
He made it sound like until he has ones in his hand, they aren't actually out yet.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Considering MB's track record, he's probably just worried that he might not even get one before some other legal BS happens. You having already received yours is really beside the point. It doesn't mean he was indirectly calling you a "liar".
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.