Toho Movies on Netflix (streaming)

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

Re: Toho Movies on Netflix (streaming)

Post by Hedorah »

King Caesar wrote:I think it has to do with Insta-Queue, but ask a long-time user; they'll know for sure
They took so many down, and I have no clue why. They had Godzillas Revenge, Terror of Mechagodzilla, Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster, Tokyo SOS, Final Wars, just so many Godzilla movies available. Now only a handful remain. I also recall Rodan was up for Instant, but I'm not sure anymore.
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."
I wrote: Fuck the Dave the isn't footings happen

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Hedorah wrote:
King Caesar wrote:I think it has to do with Insta-Queue, but ask a long-time user; they'll know for sure
They took so many down, and I have no clue why. They had Godzillas Revenge, Terror of Mechagodzilla, Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster, Tokyo SOS, Final Wars, just so many Godzilla movies available. Now only a handful remain. I also recall Rodan was up for Instant, but I'm not sure anymore.
I did search for Rodan and it's DVD only. I'll live though since I have two copies of that on DVD already.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

wataru wrote: Some movies and TV shows have expiration dates. When I had Netflix, many movies and shows I had had "Available Until.." dates on them. Like Dead Like Me had one.

Maybe if Netflix or Roku offered a DVR/Tivo like device that allowed me to download streaming movies and keep until *I* wanted to remove them Id be more into it
Ah, I see.
Shazam14 wrote:Isn't War of the Gargantuas up on Netflix?
Not anymore. :(
고질라

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... f=6&t=4871

I created the topic but it's probably outdated by now.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

gvamp wrote:http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... f=6&t=4871

I created the topic but it's probably outdated by now.
That was one of about three topics that showed up when I searched for this subject, although as I said in an earlier post yours concerns monster movies, whereas I'm interested in all things Toho for this thread. Hence, I felt justified in making this thread.

Your thread was good though (as I said many months ago there in a post! :D ). You could just bump it and update it. The few kaiju movies left on their streaming format are listed in this thread (I don't think I forgot any). Alternatively, we could just ask the mods lock all of these threads and start one giant 'Toho on Netflix' thread with a listing of every Toho movie on there and the formats it's available in.
고질라

Godzilla99
Ronin

Post by Godzilla99 »

They use to have on netflix of Godzilla was
Terror of MechaGodzilla
Godzilla's Renvenge
Rodan
Godzilla Final Wars
Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster
The War of the Gargantuas
Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla II

JoshK
Samurai

Post by JoshK »

Godzilla99 wrote:They use to have on netflix of Godzilla was
Terror of MechaGodzilla
Godzilla's Renvenge
Rodan
Godzilla Final Wars
Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster
The War of the Gargantuas
Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla II

They also had Godzilla VS. Spacegodzilla and one or two of the more recent ones. I seem to recall seeing Son of Godzilla on there for a short period of time.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

As of March 1st, since Netflix didn't renew its contract with STARZ, this has left a void in NETFLIX library. As a result it seems they have brought back all of the Toho films licensed by Classic Media, most of which had previously disappeared (Gojira, GKOTM, GRA, MvsG, GTTHM, GvsMZ, GR, ToMG, Rodan, and WotG).

If you dont have them on dvd already, enjoy while you can.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

o.supreme wrote:As of March 1st, since Netflix didn't renew its contract with STARZ, this has left a void in NETFLIX library. As a result it seems they have brought back all of the Toho films licensed by Classic Media, most of which had previously disappeared (Gojira, GKOTM, GRA, MvsG, GTTHM, GvsMZ, GR, ToMG, Rodan, and WotG).

If you dont have them on dvd already, enjoy while you can.
Thank you for that update.
고질라

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

It's been almost a year since this thread has been updated. Basically not much has changed in terms of Toho films. The original "Gojira" is no longer available but the other 9 films from CM are still there. Also available beginning on 3/1/13 will be Sony's 1998 GODZILLA. I can't imagine there would be much if any excitement about this, but I'm just throwing it out there.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

RAN and KAGEMUSHA are also on Netflix, if anyone's interested.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

o.supreme wrote:It's been almost a year since this thread has been updated. Basically not much has changed in terms of Toho films. The original "Gojira" is no longer available but the other 9 films from CM are still there. Also available beginning on 3/1/13 will be Sony's 1998 GODZILLA. I can't imagine there would be much if any excitement about this, but I'm just throwing it out there.
Eh, I have to show it to the fiancee in a couple of months (we're in the middle of the Heisei era now), and currently my only copy is on VHS. I might blow $8.00 on the blu-ray, but knowing I have the option of streaming it, I might decide to save the $8.00.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

^ Wow you are hardcore making sure she passes ALL the tests. I've been married for almost 11 years now, I think my kids have seen far more G-Films than my wife has :lol:

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

o.supreme wrote:^ Wow you are hardcore making sure she passes ALL the tests. I've been married for almost 11 years now, I think my kids have seen far more G-Films than my wife has :lol:
Well, when we met she already counted the original among her favorite movies, so this was an adventure she was happy to undertake with me. And it's forced me to update a number of movies that I'd previously only had on VHS.

Oh, and what a strange thing it is to simultaneously be having conversations with the same person on two different message boards!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

[quote="eabaker"] Eh, I have to show it to the fiancee in a couple of months (we're in the middle of the Heisei era now), and currently my only copy is on VHS. I might blow $8.00 on the blu-ray, but knowing I have the option of streaming it, I might decide to save the $8.00.[/quote

Save your $ man. It will probably be streaming in 720p on Netflix. I think that will suffice, don't you? :P
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Netflix Streaming Kaiju Flix

Post by Tohosaurus »

*updated as of 10/21/2013*

Toho
Godzilla, King of the Monsters
Mothra vs Godzilla (listed as Godzilla vs Mothra)
Ghidorah, the Three Headed Monster
Godzilla's Revenge
Terror of MechaGodzilla
Rodan

Related
Godzilla: The Original Animated Series
Godzilla: The Series (listed as Godzilla)

Other Kaiju-ish Films
Monsters
Trollhunter
The Host
Tremors 2: Aftershocks
Tremors 3: Back to Perfection
Last edited by Tohosaurus on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
고질라

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

woahwoahwoahwoah

The first Tremors is on Instant? I only thought the sequels were.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

UltramanGoji wrote:woahwoahwoahwoah

The first Tremors is on Instant? I only thought the sequels were.
They did, but the first one was added about a month ago. I watched it on there and it's the only one I have seen.

Edit: The first Tremors film is no longer available on Netflix Instant.
고질라