Zone Fighter DVD?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Flippy
Samurai

Zone Fighter DVD?

Post by Flippy »

I'm interested in viewing the Zone Fighter series but I can't find it on YouTube, so I figured I'd buy the DVD. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that there IS a DVD. At least, not an official one. Does anybody know where I can find the Zone Fighter series on a DVD that doesn't totally suck and that's not a scam? I'd be much obliged, as I'm trying to complete my Godzilla collection and it doesn't seem complete without the Zone Fighter episodes with Godzilla in them. Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: I think I should probably make it clear that I want it with English subtitles. I can live with a dub, but I don't think there is one. But I'd like to at least understand what's going on.
So I guess you should join the Zone Fighter DVD initiative, I guess. http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7065

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Zone Fighter DVD?

Post by Tohosaurus »

If you mean you want a region one DVD release, we haven't had the luxury of getting a Zone Fighter release. I don't think we got it on VHS back in the day either.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

There series has never been released with English dubbing or subtitles. The only legit DVD option I know of is the Japanese box set from a few years back.

Flippy
Samurai

Post by Flippy »

Will the Japanese one play on a Region 1 player? I know it's NTSC but I'm still not sure if it'll play on my player. Also (and this is a bit of a stretch), does it have English subs?
So I guess you should join the Zone Fighter DVD initiative, I guess. http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7065

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Flippy wrote:Will the Japanese one play on a Region 1 player? I know it's NTSC but I'm still not sure if it'll play on my player. Also (and this is a bit of a stretch), does it have English subs?
Nope, since it's not a region one DVD it would not play in your DVD player. You would have to go seek out a region zero (aka region-free) or region two DVD player for it to work. There are no English subtitles either as far as I know.

Tough break. :dizzy:
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

dogora
Monsterland Worker

Post by dogora »

Tohosaurus wrote:
Flippy wrote:Will the Japanese one play on a Region 1 player? I know it's NTSC but I'm still not sure if it'll play on my player. Also (and this is a bit of a stretch), does it have English subs?
Nope, since it's not a region one DVD it would not play in your DVD player. You would have to go seek out a region zero (aka region-free) or region two DVD player for it to work. There are no English subtitles either as far as I know.

Tough break. :dizzy:
well i dont know about amrica but english ps3 slims can do a subtitle option for nearly all dvds.

anoyingly thogh ps3 dosent do r1 bluray realeses on r2 ps3
and if a japanese r2 zone fighter dvd on my region free playr im getting for christmas wont play english subtitles.

so either waay im preety much screwed :cry:

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

Inferno Rodan wrote:
kpa wrote:There series has never been released with English dubbing or subtitles. The only legit DVD option I know of is the Japanese box set from a few years back.
Out of curiosity, what are the chances of the company that released Iron King and Red Baron (their name escapes me at the moment) a few years back getting the rights to Zone Fighter?
BCI Eclipse no longer exists. Mill Creek did the recent reissues of those titles, but they've never licensed anything directly from Toho. So it's not impossible but very unlikely Mill Creek would go after ZONE FIGHTER.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I don't know. Maybe MB could be persuaded...
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Greetings All,

There are bootleg DVDs sets if you search the internet, thy are just hard to find. Thank goodness I got mine years ago, sadly it is not subbed. But I did a simple Google Video search and found a couple episodes available, perhaps they all are??

This is a great series (better than the contemporary Showa Ultraman series like Ace & Taro IMHO). Its a shame it has never had an R1 release. Also just for the record, I do NOT advicte bootlegs, except in cases when there is no potential in sight for a licensed R1 release, but once (if ever) they do get released I always toss my bootlegs.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

RyanClark
Monarch Researcher

Post by RyanClark »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Didn't ADV try to buy the rights to Zone Fighter before like a few years ago?
When Matt Greenfield was at G-FEST a couple years ago he said they'd looked into it, but if I recall, he said Toho was asking an insane amount per episode. I agree with the idea that Media Blasters should definitely try to get it!

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

Living Corpse wrote:do you think that would get Toho interested making DVDs for outside of Japan
Toho doesn't make DVDs for any of their titles outside Japan... they've never done that for Godzilla or Kurosawa or any of their movies. What they have always done is sell home video rights to companies in each country, so to get an English dubbed/subbed release of ZONE FIGHTER a company in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia or New Zealand would have to license the series and release it. So your best would be to write video companies like Media Blasters, Mill Creek, and AniEigo that release older Japanese n=movies and shows, bring ZONE FIGHTER to their attention, and asked them to license it from Toho.

Flippy
Samurai

Post by Flippy »

Shout Factory tends to be quite appreciative of fan requests. Perhaps someone could send them an email asking if they'll possibly have a release for it? That'd be pretty nice if they did.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Ah, yes. Their Gamera DVDs were pretty damn spiffy, I'd love to see them release it.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

BountyHunter
GPN Volunteer

Post by BountyHunter »

We can dream.
http://capturecomics.blogspot.com
Home of my upcoming Bounty Hunter comic book series!

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

Flippy wrote:Shout Factory tends to be quite appreciative of fan requests. Perhaps someone could send them an email asking if they'll possibly have a release for it? That'd be pretty nice if they did.
Flippy, I think fans make a mistake hoping or expecting that someone else will make the effort. Anyone and everyone who wants a title released on DVD or Blu-ray should contact the companies and let them know...because the more customers that write, the more potential profit the companies will see, and the more likely they'll do something about it.

Flippy
Samurai

Post by Flippy »

kpa wrote:
Flippy wrote:Shout Factory tends to be quite appreciative of fan requests. Perhaps someone could send them an email asking if they'll possibly have a release for it? That'd be pretty nice if they did.
Flippy, I think fans make a mistake hoping or expecting that someone else will make the effort. Anyone and everyone who wants a title released on DVD or Blu-ray should contact the companies and let them know...because the more customers that write, the more potential profit the companies will see, and the more likely they'll do something about it.
I was actually just thinking that we should pull together and organize some sort of mass request from multiple fans. So that way it's not just a few letters trickling in every once and a while...
Just a thought, if anyone else is up to it.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Flippy wrote:
kpa wrote:
I was actually just thinking that we should pull together and organize some sort of mass request from multiple fans. So that way it's not just a few letters trickling in every once and a while...
I'm sure people would do it I organized something like that for Biollante and people seemed to do it, there where a few people who got complained about it.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I'm in. I'll plug this in my sig ;)
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

dogora
Monsterland Worker

Post by dogora »

Flippy wrote:
kpa wrote:
id so sign it if its some sort of box set

Flippy
Samurai

Post by Flippy »

I'm signing, though I guess it's pretty obvious since I was who started the thread.