DVD/Blu-ray Ideas

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Rockzilla
Interpol Agent

Re: DVD/Blu-ray Ideas

Post by Rockzilla »

Criterion regains interest in Godzilla and releases the rest of the Classic Media library as well as King Kong vs. Godzilla.

Godzilla Raids Again:
Restored from 35mm Japanese print
Gigantis the Fire Monster 35mm print used for US version. No BS video generated Godzilla Raids AGAIN text!

King Kong vs. Godzilla:
Newly restored Japanese version
lost International dub included with credits
Restored John Beck Version

Mothra vs. Godzilla
restored from 35mm Japanese print
"complete" Godzilla vs. The Thing 35mm print used for American version

Ghidrah:
Both Japanese and Us versions restored from 35mm

Godzilla's Revenge
Restored Japanese and US cut.

Invasion of Astro-monster
Both Japanese and International Version with credits
Us Version as extra

Terror of Mechagodzilla:
Both Japanese and International version with credits.

They would have all the usual extras like audio commentaries and documentaries that Criterion is known for.

Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla6014 »

@ Megalon7 I agree 100% on Zone Fighter I think it's stupid for Toho to be sitting on it and not bringing it over here to get someone to release it with English subtitles.

@ Rockzilla I also like you ideas too Toho also needs to release the international versions of Invasion of the Astro-Monster and Terror of Mechagodzilla I wouldn't mind seeing those on disc. As, well as more cleaned up Ghidorah print and bring the Continenital logo and the original end title card back for this movie and do away with that pointless brief Toho logo at the beginning of the Classic Media version.
Legionmaster wrote:Yeah how dare people talk about the things they like. What assholes.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Godzilla6014 wrote:@ Megalon7 I agree 100% on Zone Fighter I think it's stupid for Toho to be sitting on it and not bringing it over here to get someone to release it with English subtitles.
Not very many people here in America know about the show.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Here is what I want-

1.) Both DVD and Blu Ray releases of each film with both the Japanese and American versions....maybe some special features too.

2.) Box sets for each era. (Showa box set, Heisei box set and Millenium box set)

3.) I know this will be unpopular BUT a special edition of GINO with behind the scenes features and a feature on from when Tri-Star got first got the rights then to the De Bont project and then finally GINO.

3.) Both the Hannah Barbara and G:TS complete seasons on DVD/Blu Ray
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla6014 »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
Godzilla6014 wrote:@ Megalon7 I agree 100% on Zone Fighter I think it's stupid for Toho to be sitting on it and not bringing it over here to get someone to release it with English subtitles.
Not very many people here in America know about the show.
I’m referring to the kajiu fans here in America that like this kind of stuff. They’ve made I don’t know how many request to Toho and you know how that goes when you’re dealing with them. Nowadays I’m not sure how it’s looking for those who made the request. I tend to think it hasn’t worked yet or that it’s still going on. Ofcourse that show was made in 1973 so no telling if your trying to get a show that old. It will probably be much harder now than for back then.
Legionmaster wrote:Yeah how dare people talk about the things they like. What assholes.

Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla6014 »

wataru wrote:500 fans can send Toho a letter begging for Zone Fighter. It's not going to matter unless some survey poll shows the DVD making them money...
That's pretty much the point i'm trying to make here. Despite it probably happing for next to never I'm making one final list here Speaking of Zone Fighter here's a idea for it and Godzilla Island this is my last list here. Unlike what I did for the Kajiu films by giving them DVD\Blu-Ray deluxe editions I'm going to have the shows be available on either one separately with somewhat an amout on Extras here I go.

Zone Fighter: the Complete Series (4-Disc set all 26 episodes in Japanese with removable English subtitles.) (On DVD or Blu-Ray)

Disc 1: Episodes 1-7
Disc 2: Episodes 8-14
Disc 3: Episodes 15-21
Disc 4: Episodes 22-26
(Each disc would have some kind of extras like I can't think of any over the top of my head right now but like behind the scenes, commentry or whatever's available.)

Godzilla meets Zone Fighter: Fan Edition (This one will once again be available on either DVD or Blu-Ray. The only difference between this one and the one above is this one will only feature the Episodes that Godzilla, Gigan and King Ghidorah appeared in.)

Episodes: 4-6, 11, 15, 21 & 25.

(And again whatever is available in the way of extras can be used on here.)

Godzilla Island: the Complete Series (4-Disc set in Japanese with removable English subtitles.)
(On DVD or Blu-Ray) (Also worth mentioning is having each three minute episode within a story arc to be played back-to-back rather than having to always go back to the menu and get them yourself.)

Disc 1: Stories 1-7
Disc 2: Stories 8-13
Disc 3: Stories 14-17
Disc 4: Stories 18-22

(Once again each disc would have some kind of extras like I can't think of any over the top of my head right now but like behind the scenes, commentry or whatever's available.)

Alirght that's everything guys. I'm done now. :P
Last edited by Godzilla6014 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

^ Why so few episodes per ZONE FIGHTER DVD? Seven eps can easily fill up a dual-layer disk without any overt compression issues.

Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla6014 »

Tamura wrote:^ Why so few episodes per ZONE FIGHTER DVD? Seven eps can easily fill up a dual-layer disk without any overt compression issues.
I was having it be like the Region 2 release of it. If I recall correctly they put only four episodes on Discs 2-5 and Discs 1 & 6 both had five. However, seven could work too I don't see why not let me go edit my post and do just that.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

Oh yeah, the R2s... Japanese TV shows on R2 DVD are pretty infamous for being sold in individual volumes with only like 3-4 eps per disk and at the equivalent of like $30-$40 a piece. The dearth of bonus material and English subtitles make them even less appealing. At least with your idea we get the whole series together and English friendly! :P

Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla6014 »

Tamura wrote:Oh yeah, the R2s... Japanese TV shows on R2 DVD are pretty infamous for being sold in individual volumes with only like 3-4 eps per disk and at the equivalent of like $30-$40 a piece. The dearth of bonus material and English subtitles make them even less appealing. At least with your idea we get the whole series together and English friendly! :P
Yeah they seem to love to do that in Japan a lot. I thought it would be good to release the series with English subtitles and have all of the episodes together. As well as with extras I didn't name them though because I don't know what extras of that show exist like if it had trailers, behind the scenes or something. I figuered it would be better to put English subtitles on each episode rather than dubbing it because of how old the show is nowadays. IMHO I don't think actors from 2013 dubbing a show from 1973 would be a very good idea. ;)

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Some more idears!

Criterion #663
The Last War (1961)
- Restored version using Japanese DVD as a source.
- Restored English and International versions using same source.
- Shue Matsubayashi biography
- Production history
- Trailers

Criterion # 664
Prophecies of Nostradamus (1974)
- Restored version from original Japanese negatives
- English cut using restored version as a source, with original, restored title cards
- Audio commentary with…someone
- Toshio Masuda interview
- Tetsuro Tanba biography
- Trailers
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....