Laserdisc

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
deadman31
Yojimbo

Laserdisc

Post by deadman31 »

Plugged in my Laserdisc today. Watching Godzilla vs. Biollante.
Anyone else? :)

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Re: Laserdisc

Post by canofhumdingers »

I gave away my laserdisc player earlier this year. I definitely got my money’s worth out of it, but it’s become almost entirely obsolete even for an pretty obsessive A/V nerd. Pretty much anything noteworthy from laserdisc releases that haven’t been ported forward to more modern media or superseded by higher quality options has been captured and digitized and can be found easily online if you know where to look or who to ask.

Camdigidy
GPN Volunteer

Re: Laserdisc

Post by Camdigidy »

I've got Godzilla 1985 on LaserDisc (that one's signed by Satsuma), Godzilla vs Biollante, Godzilla 98, and a Japanese LD of Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah. And probably my most valuable is my special edition of Gamera 3. It came with a whole lot of extras like a production book, a gamera figure, a copy of the script, cards. Love it
Check out my custom Godzilla blu-ray covers on my DeviantArt: https://grandkeizerghidorah.deviantart.com/