Ringu Collection from Arrow for Halloween

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Ringu Collection from Arrow for Halloween

Post by Terasawa »

Arrow Video is proud to present the genre-defining trilogy – Ring, the film that started it all, plus Hideo Nakata’s chilling sequel, Ring 2, and the haunting origin story, Ring 0 – as well as the ‘lost’ original sequel, George Iida’s Spiral, gathered together in glorious high definition and supplemented by a wealth of archival and newly created bonus materials.
Ringu/Ring (1998) Blu-ray.

Ringu Collection, with Ring, Spiral (Rasen), Ring 2, and Ring 0: Birthday.

For the latter:
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

– Brand New 4K restoration of Ringu from the original camera negative, approved by director of photography Junichiro Hayashi
– High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentations
– Lossless Japanese DTS-HD master audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 soundtracks
– Optional English subtitles
– Bonus feature: Spiral, George Iida’s 1998 sequel to Ringu
– New Audio commentary on Ringu by film historian David Kalat
– New Audio commentary on Ringu 0 by author and critic Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
– The Ringu Legacy, a series of new interviews from critics and filmmakers on their memories of the Ringu series and its enduring legacy
– A Vicious Circle, a new video interview with author and critic Kat Ellinger on the career of Hideo Nakata
– Circumnavigating Ringu, a new video essay by author and critic Kat Ellinger on the evolution of the Ringu series
– Spooks, Sighs and Videotape, a new video essay by critic Jasper Sharp on the J-horror phenomenon
– The Psychology of Fear, a newly edited archival interview with author Koji Suzuki
– Archival behind-the-scenes featurette on Ringu 0
– Ringu 0 deleted scenes
– Sadako’s Video
– Multiple theatrical trailers for the Ringu series
– FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Limited edition 60-page booklet featuring new writing from Violet Lucca, Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, Jasper Sharp, Kieran Fisher and Kat Ellinger
– Limited edition packaging featuring original and newly commissioned artwork
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

UltramanGoji

Re: Ringu Collection from Arrow for Halloween

Post by UltramanGoji »

Oh shit, nice. I've always wanted to see the original.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Nice! Love this series, but other than the original I've only ever picked up bootleg versions.

But God I hate the "Ringu" transliteration.
Last edited by eabaker on Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Now, if we could just get a boxed set of The Ring and The Ring 2, that'd be great! We'd have both the Japanese and the American versions!

Nevertheless, I'd like to buy this series too, just to see what it's like. From what I've heard about it, I'm sure that I won't be disappointed.

After all, I've got the Japanese film Pulse and the American Pulse trilogy and I liked both of them. So why not this one?
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I just may not buy this set after all.

I mean, the price is a little over $99.00! I couldn't afford that if I tried to get it on my own. The way I figure it, that set's worth at least a little over $50.00!

C'mon, Arrow Video U.S., give me a break, will you? Not everyone can get that kind of money in a matter of days, nor do they have the ability to do so. The only way that I could possibly get that set in a first pressing is as a birthday or Christmas present, and none of my friends or relatives are going to do it, nor would I even think of asking them to do so myself - the rules are they have to ask me if I want anything; I can't ask them myself, because my parents think, for whatever reason, that that's rude.
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Godzamera
Yojimbo

Post by Godzamera »

mikelcho wrote:I just may not buy this set after all.

I mean, the price is a little over $99.00! I couldn't afford that if I tried to get it on my own. The way I figure it, that set's worth at least a little over $50.00!

C'mon, Arrow Video U.S., give me a break, will you? Not everyone can get that kind of money in a matter of days, nor do they have the ability to do so. The only way that I could possibly get that set is as a birthday or Christmas present, and none of my friends or relatives are going to do it, nor would I even ask them to do so.
Barnes and Noble is having a 50% off sale, and I believe this set is only $49.99 there.
GODZILLA BOX

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Godzamera wrote:
mikelcho wrote:I just may not buy this set after all.

C'mon, Arrow Video U.S., give me a break, will you? Not everyone can get that kind of money in a matter of days, nor do they have the ability to do so. The only way that I could possibly get that set is as a birthday or Christmas present, and none of my friends or relatives are going to do it, nor would I even ask them to do so.
Barnes and Noble is having a 50% off sale, and I believe this set is only $49.99 there.
Thanks for the info! When did the sale start and how long will it run for?
Last edited by mikelcho on Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.