'City on the Edge of Battle' Blu-Ray Announcement?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
phantomsdaydreams
GPN Volunteer

'City on the Edge of Battle' Blu-Ray Announcement?

Post by phantomsdaydreams »

So...are we going to get a blu-ray ad popping up anytime soon? We heard about the first one three months after its release, so...we're just about there, right? Less than a month to go. I need to know if I want to buy it or not! XD Just making up my budget for the fourth quarter. I imagine it will probably come out in November, just like PotM came out in May- right when the next one was about to be released.

Is anyone going to be picking it up? :)
Last edited by phantomsdaydreams on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Re: CotEoB Blu-Ray Announcement?

Post by goji1986 »

phantomsdaydreams wrote:So...are we going to get a blu-ray ad popping up anytime soon? We heard about the first one three months after its release, so...we're just about there, right? Less than a month to go. I need to know if I want to buy it or not! XD Just making up my budget for the fourth quarter. I imagine it will probably come out in November, just like PotM came out in May- right when the next one was about to be released.

First off, it took me 5 tries to understand what the skreeonk CotEoB was short for -- just use the full title please.

Secondly, it will happen when it happens; likely the same release schedule as Part 1.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

phantomsdaydreams
GPN Volunteer

Re: CotEoB Blu-Ray Announcement?

goji1986 wrote:
phantomsdaydreams wrote:So...are we going to get a blu-ray ad popping up anytime soon? We heard about the first one three months after its release, so...we're just about there, right? Less than a month to go. I need to know if I want to buy it or not! XD Just making up my budget for the fourth quarter. I imagine it will probably come out in November, just like PotM came out in May- right when the next one was about to be released.

First off, it took me 5 tries to understand what the skreeonk CotEoB was short for -- just use the full title please.

Secondly, it will happen when it happens; likely the same release schedule as Part 1.
Apologies, but was it really that hard? What other Toho movies are on the docket to be released that haven't been released yet? Also, we're on a monster movie site primarily dedicated to Godzilla. The acronym has been used a bunch on this forum; I didn't think I was being too obtuse. Again, sorry for the confusion and I'll change the title for you and others that may be confused by it, but there's no need for hostility. A simple answer with a suggestion would suffice.
Last edited by phantomsdaydreams on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Re: 'City on the Edge of Battle' Blu-Ray Announcement?

Post by goji1986 »

It was not my intent to come across as hostile — I do not frequent many other sub-forums so I have not come across the abbreviation before. I appreciate the title change.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Fairly good timing for the topic, Japanese DVD/Blu-ray release is November 7th!
http://godzilla.store/shop/e/eanime/
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

phantomsdaydreams
GPN Volunteer

GigaBowserG wrote:Fairly good timing for the topic, Japanese DVD/Blu-ray release is November 7th!
http://godzilla.store/shop/e/eanime/
Thanks for the heads-up! =) So the special features included are...pretty much the exact same spread as last time, minus the TV special? So we're getting LESS this time around!? =S They are as follows:

【Specifications · Enclosure privilege】
● Special three-way back case
● Hiroshi Kaida Drawing down digipack
● Collectors Edition SPECIAL DISC
· Hiroyuki Sakashita (Director) × Yuji Sakai (Monster Model) Interview
· Public anniversary stage greetings
● Hiroyuki Sakashita Director Sketch Collection
● Special-made booklet (32P)

【Video benefits】
● Trailer (1st bullet, 2nd bullet)
● Special information
● TVCM
● Chapter 3 Preliminary Notice

【Voice benefits】
● Staff Audio Commentary
Cast: Shizuno Hayumi (Director) / Hiroyuki Sakashita (Director) / Kabuchi Gen (Story Draft · Screenplay)

I loved the two booklets from the PotM BRD, but we're STILL not getting a video making-of? How is this not a thing? And a half hour less video content? Pretty tough to justify for non-native speakers (myself among them). $100+ for two booklets and some stage greetings.

For anyone that is into importing: how do you feel about the spread? Was the Shin Godzilla BRD the rare exception with Godzilla home video releases, having hours upon hours of bonus content?

P.S- I'm glad I picked up the 'City on the Edge of Battle' Theater Program. It looks like there will be more behind-the-scenes stuff there, than on the BRD! Haha With Google Translate helping english-only people, in all fairness.
Last edited by phantomsdaydreams on Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

=pfft= Saw it on Netflix. Unlike the first one, can't say I was too impressed. Not interested in owning a copy...