FUNIMATION to release SHIN GODZILLA on US Home Video!!

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: FUNIMATION to release SHIN GODZILLA on US Home Video!!

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

GigaBowserG wrote:A small note, but Shin Godzilla is currently the #1 best seller in the "Anime" category on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Shin-Godzilla-Bl ... 071S71D4N/

Odd choice of category, but I'll take it :)
Now its the #1 best seller in foreign films.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

LegendaryMonster
GPN Volunteer

Post by LegendaryMonster »

Does Funimation usually do releases on iTunes? I'm hoping to just buy it there rather than the physical copy.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:A small note, but Shin Godzilla is currently the #1 best seller in the "Anime" category on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Shin-Godzilla-Bl ... 071S71D4N/

Odd choice of category, but I'll take it :)
Now its the #1 best seller in foreign films.
Whatever the category, I'm always happy to hear about any success or victories for Godzilla.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I'm just hoping that the dub will be good. This could lead to FUNimation having the best Godzilla dubs since AIP/Titra/Titan.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Shin Godzilla currently pre-selling for $24.95 US at Amazon, the BR/DVD/Digital Download version. Yah, I think it will be $20 on Wal-Mart's shelves, come August 1st...

mechanikong
Yojimbo

Post by mechanikong »

With just 5 days to release, why is everything so quiet on here?

Well, I have some news regarding the upcoming American release. There are currently two versions of the movie on the PlayStation Network store up for sale: The American Dub and Original Japanese version. Y'all probably don't care about it because you're patiently waiting for the blu Ray. But what you will care about is the preview thy have which includes a sample of the new dub.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ ... 0000340959

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

mechanikong wrote:With just 5 days to release, why is everything so quiet on here?
...What's to talk about...?

When the disc is out, there'll be more activity.

mechanikong
Yojimbo

Post by mechanikong »

UltramanGoji wrote:
mechanikong wrote:With just 5 days to release, why is everything so quiet on here?
...What's to talk about...?

When the disc is out, there'll be more activity.
The dub. Did anyone order from a distributor that already shipped? (I guess not because no one is talking about it). When it arrives, are you going to eat it with green eggs and ham here, there, or anywhere?

Idk. I think this is definitely the best Godzilla movie since the early Heisei flicks, possibly even the best since the original. There should be more excitement going on here! Let's party! I'll bring the Baragon costume. Who will bring the bikini clad Japanese girls?

Edit: Just received an email from Funimation that my order has shipped this morning! (I opted for the speedy delivery) However, When trying to track the package from osm, it says that the tracking number may be incorrect or that status update isn't available yet. That means that I can't get an estimated time and date of delivery, but I am crossing my fingers and hoping it gets here tomorrow.
Last edited by mechanikong on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

My order shipped about 2 days ago! So for anyone else who pre-ordered, be sure to check your email for any notification :) Can't wait to watch the dubbed take.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Lord Krit
Samurai

Post by Lord Krit »

The new rating for the blu-ray is TV-14

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Lord Krit wrote:The new rating for the blu-ray is TV-14
So it switched from TV-MA? Huh.

Tomorrow's hunting time boys :twisted: Gonna find me a copy of Shin Godzilla.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Lord Krit
Samurai

Post by Lord Krit »

Honestly, I agree with the decision. Shin Godzilla felt more PG-13 then anything besides the blood scenes, though in the dub they added swear words here and there.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I managed to pick it up tonight after work for $19.96, I'm actually surprised we're carring it Wal-mart normally doesn't carry Godzilla movies other than G14 and GINO.

Just got done watching it and the dub is pretty great. The PQ is amazing too.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Jory
Monarch Researcher

Post by Jory »

gvamp wrote:Wal-mart normally doesn't carry Godzilla movies other than G14 and GINO.
Mine carried the Sony and Kraken 2014 Blu-rays of the Showa, Heisei, and Millennium movies. I was (pleasantly) stunned.

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

Here's my brief review on the Blu-Ray:

godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

HerryGrail
Yojimbo

Post by HerryGrail »

MandaSaurus wrote:Shin Godzilla currently pre-selling for $24.95 US at Amazon, the BR/DVD/Digital Download version. Yah, I think it will be $20 on Wal-Mart's shelves, come August 1st...
...and you were right. I wish I'd have waited. Paid Amazon the $24.95 and got a roughed-up picture sleeve.

Here it is on Walmart's endcap—not exactly front and center, but a great price ($19.96 for the combo), and I was very happy to see it:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Looks like I'll be taking a trip to Wally World this weekend. Thanks for the info Herry! Saved me a few bucks (and a potential defect).

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Pardon me for goin a tad off-topic, but I would like to announce that Funimation has been bought by Sony.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/01/son ... ion-anime/

Any guesses as to what differences that would make?

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

HerryGrail wrote:Here it is on Walmart's endcap—not exactly front and center, but a great price ($19.96 for the combo), and I was very happy to see it:

https://image.ibb.co/gCUk75/Shin_Wal_Mart.jpg
Took a trip to my local Best Buy at lunch, as their inventory systems showed the store having copies in-hand. Got there and found nothing, meaning they didn't bother put this week's current releases out on the shelves yet.
Last edited by G1985 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

HerryGrail wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Shin Godzilla currently pre-selling for $24.95 US at Amazon, the BR/DVD/Digital Download version. Yah, I think it will be $20 on Wal-Mart's shelves, come August 1st...
...and you were right. I wish I'd have waited. Paid Amazon the $24.95 and got a roughed-up picture sleeve.

Here it is on Walmart's endcap—not exactly front and center, but a great price ($19.96 for the combo), and I was very happy to see it:

Best price goes to Walmart hopefully that price will stay there over the weekend since I get paid this week. I'm planning on getting Shin, Skyward Sword and 64 micro SD card for my Switch. So 3 things I must have Shin!