Shout Factory Gamera vs Mill Creek DVDs (or blu rays) -- really worth upgrading?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
mikelcho
Interpol Agent

Re: Shout Factory Gamera vs Mill Creek DVDs (or blu rays) -- really worth upgrading?

Postby mikelcho » Wed May 02, 2018 7:22 pm

One question: are the Mill Creek DVDs and Blu-rays still in print? By this, I mean not only the Showa films, but the Heisei ones as well. UPDATE: I just found out on another post that Mill Creek doesn't have the distribution rights anymore, so I guess that they might be out of print. Still, if anyone can confirm this, that would be great! I say this because I'd like to update the Wikipedia article if I can.
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon May 07, 2018 7:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Re: Shout Factory Gamera vs Mill Creek DVDs (or blu rays) -- really worth upgrading?

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue May 22, 2018 9:24 am

mikelcho wrote:One question: are the Mill Creek DVDs and Blu-rays still in print? By this, I mean not only the Showa films, but the Heisei ones as well. UPDATE: I just found out on another post that Mill Creek doesn't have the distribution rights anymore, so I guess that they might be out of print. Still, if anyone can confirm this, that would be great! I say this because I'd like to update the Wikipedia article if I can.

Late response, but yeah they pretty much are OOP. Anything available from retailers now is most likely old stock.

PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Tue May 22, 2018 12:23 pm

Are we also talking about the Mill Creek Gamera Vol. 1-2 collection, cause every Walmart I’ve been to has been eat up with them.

Picked up Vol. 1 just a day ago, quite a lot of sub errors, strange.
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Tue May 22, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby UltramanGoji » Tue May 22, 2018 12:41 pm

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Are we also talking about the Mill Creek Gamera Vol. 1-2 collection, cause every Walmart I’ve been to has been eat up with them.

Picked up Vol. 1 just a day ago, quite a lot of sub errors, strange.

I think so? I'm not sure Amazon sells them anymore (excluding third-party sellers of course).

Malchik
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Malchik » Tue May 22, 2018 2:51 pm

Considering how cheap the Blu-rays are, I'd go with those.

PitchBlackProgress
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Tue May 22, 2018 5:35 pm

Like I said, I had no clue they were OOP, they're everywhere at Wal-Mart, but thanks for the info, I'll pick up vol. 2 before it skyrockets from $7.00 :lol:
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Malchik
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Malchik » Tue May 22, 2018 8:20 pm

I just ordered my Mill Creek copies. About fifty bucks in total for all three sets on Amazon.ca, free shipping.

Added in 13 days 23 hours 35 minutes 59 seconds:
I just got my disks in the mail. Very nice set. They condensed the Gamera trilogy into one Blu-ray case but kept it a two disk set.

Return to “Toho Media”