Godzilla/Kaiju General Releases Thread (Ask questions here!)

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
MoK 13
Yojimbo

Re: Godzilla/Kaiju General Releases Thread (Ask questions here!)

Postby MoK 13 » Thu May 23, 2019 7:09 am

_JNavs_ wrote:So with the newly announced Blu Ray rereleases of Kong/G14/PacRim/Rampage. I've decided eventually I would pick these films up, however the original Blu Ray releases are only about $6, so is there any new content attached to the rereleases that justifies paying more, or is it just the new covers? If there's nothing different about them I'd rather just get the unique designs of the OG releases.

Was at Wally World yesterday looking for G stuffs. Saw the repacked KSI & G14. They were both $9. I didn’t look to see if anything new added on back.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

Destroy All Monsters - We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

_JNavs_
EDF Soldier

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu May 23, 2019 7:16 am

MoK 13 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:So with the newly announced Blu Ray rereleases of Kong/G14/PacRim/Rampage. I've decided eventually I would pick these films up, however the original Blu Ray releases are only about $6, so is there any new content attached to the rereleases that justifies paying more, or is it just the new covers? If there's nothing different about them I'd rather just get the unique designs of the OG releases.

Was at Wally World yesterday looking for G stuffs. Saw the repacked KSI & G14. They were both $9. I didn’t look to see if anything new added on back.

Yeah i ended up picking up the repackaged G14, K:SI and Rampage. They have some extra features but i don't know if it's anything beyond what was on the OG blu rays. From what i heard they're just repacks though.
Sith Apprentice. きの Dragon Tamer. ニューヨーク市.

Joseph Goodman
Samurai

Postby Joseph Goodman » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:48 am

Hedorah, Gigan, and the Blu-ray of Sea Monster have disappeared from Kraken Releasing's site, and the DVD version of Sea Monster appears as "Unavailable - Out Of Print" on Sentai Filmworks. With upcoming Gigan and Hedorah screenings in LA being credited to Janus Films, it's safe to assume Criterion now has these films, leaving KKvsG as the only one of the fifteen original films not with Criterion. As Criterion has licensed many titles from Universal over the years, this shouldn't be a problem...

Chrispy_G
Interpol Agent

Postby Chrispy_G » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:27 am

I know, I'm getting VERY excited thinking about it. I would absolutely love for Criterion to at least ANNOUNCE this thing before the year is out, considering that 2019 is the Big G's 65 year anniversary.

Two versions of each film, nice new transfers....carried over archival features from previous releases like the Classic Media Audio Commentaries, as well as new audio commentaries done for some of the other films. Rodan being included would be a nice bonus. War of the Gargantuas as well, but I won't cry if it isn't in there.

Some epic packaging, maybe some kind of hardcover book with photos/info.....my girlfriend has the Olympics Box Set, and I dream of a Godzilla Box Set that is HALF that extravagant.
GODZILLA
King of the Monsters

Anguirus
JXSDF Technician

Postby Anguirus » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:03 pm

I ordered Godzilla VS Gigan on Blue Ray off Amazon today, it says it takes usually 1 to 3 months, and does not yet have a delivery date. Will it actually come, or should I purchase elsewhere?

Return to “Toho Media”