Godzilla/Kaiju General Releases Thread (Ask questions here!)

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla/Kaiju General Releases Thread (Ask questions here!)

Post by MoK 13 »

_JNavs_ wrote:So with the newly announced Blu Ray rereleases of Kong/G14/PacRim/Rampage. I've decided eventually I would pick these films up, however the original Blu Ray releases are only about $6, so is there any new content attached to the rereleases that justifies paying more, or is it just the new covers? If there's nothing different about them I'd rather just get the unique designs of the OG releases.
Was at Wally World yesterday looking for G stuffs. Saw the repacked KSI & G14. They were both $9. I didn’t look to see if anything new added on back.
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MoK 13 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:So with the newly announced Blu Ray rereleases of Kong/G14/PacRim/Rampage. I've decided eventually I would pick these films up, however the original Blu Ray releases are only about $6, so is there any new content attached to the rereleases that justifies paying more, or is it just the new covers? If there's nothing different about them I'd rather just get the unique designs of the OG releases.
Was at Wally World yesterday looking for G stuffs. Saw the repacked KSI & G14. They were both $9. I didn’t look to see if anything new added on back.
Yeah i ended up picking up the repackaged G14, K:SI and Rampage. They have some extra features but i don't know if it's anything beyond what was on the OG blu rays. From what i heard they're just repacks though.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Joseph Goodman
Monarch Researcher

Post by Joseph Goodman »

Hedorah, Gigan, and the Blu-ray of Sea Monster have disappeared from Kraken Releasing's site, and the DVD version of Sea Monster appears as "Unavailable - Out Of Print" on Sentai Filmworks. With upcoming Gigan and Hedorah screenings in LA being credited to Janus Films, it's safe to assume Criterion now has these films, leaving KKvsG as the only one of the fifteen original films not with Criterion. As Criterion has licensed many titles from Universal over the years, this shouldn't be a problem...

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I know, I'm getting VERY excited thinking about it. I would absolutely love for Criterion to at least ANNOUNCE this thing before the year is out, considering that 2019 is the Big G's 65 year anniversary.

Two versions of each film, nice new transfers....carried over archival features from previous releases like the Classic Media Audio Commentaries, as well as new audio commentaries done for some of the other films. Rodan being included would be a nice bonus. War of the Gargantuas as well, but I won't cry if it isn't in there.

Some epic packaging, maybe some kind of hardcover book with photos/info.....my girlfriend has the Olympics Box Set, and I dream of a Godzilla Box Set that is HALF that extravagant.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I ordered Godzilla VS Gigan on Blue Ray off Amazon today, it says it takes usually 1 to 3 months, and does not yet have a delivery date. Will it actually come, or should I purchase elsewhere?

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

It will come. They don't offer things up for sale unless they can ensure it. Amazon can't afford to do shady stuff like that.

That clearly just means that those DVD/Blu Rays are going out of print and are clearly in limited supply. Just like the Classic Media DVDs, the Kraken DVD/Blu Rays will become very hard to acquire. I'm lucky I got them all while they were readily available.

But for anyone willing to hold out, a potential Criterion Box Set would make all of those releases obsolete anyways.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Some of the more wiser of us around here; what's ultimately the best source of fan restorations and projects? I'm familiar with Red Menace's work, and I know of one or two other projects that have been posted on this forum, but it seems that there are more talked about that I can't find. Any insight?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Maritonic wrote:Some of the more wiser of us around here; what's ultimately the best source of fan restorations and projects? I'm familiar with Red Menace's work, and I know of one or two other projects that have been posted on this forum, but it seems that there are more talked about that I can't find. Any insight?
Pretty much whatever you find here is what's out there. You can try other fan edit websites to see if there's maybe something extra, but for the most part all the more public ones are on here.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Most of the ones I know of are available on private trackers. If you have access to the primary tracker that hosts Red Menace's reconstructions then you can find restorations of Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster, The Mysterians, Gorath, and probably others that have slipped my mind.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I've found a few on archive.org for what it's worth. The file size may not be HD quality, but still pretty good. Of note, there is a pretty decent War of the Monsters fan restoration I wasn't even aware of. It's in 4:3 as originally shown on US TV, but edited from a much better video source. Some Hack came along a couple years later and stretched it to 16:9, but it doesn't look as authentic.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

BabyG1975
Ronin

Post by BabyG1975 »

So I've been collecting the Godzilla DVDs for years now and I'm hoping one of you guys can assist me with my last 2 or 3 questions I have for DVD/Blu-ray releases for the United States.

1.) Did Media Blasters actually release Godzilla vs Megalon on Blu-ray in 2013 with the CD included?

2.) Is their a release of Godzilla (2014) and Kong: Skull Island on a double pack? If so, what's the SKU?

Your help is greatly appreciated!
Last edited by BabyG1975 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Listen kid... Theirs two things you don't know about the Earth, one is me, the other Godzilla"- Captain Gordon Godzilla Final Wars

heiseigodzilla425
GPN Volunteer

Post by heiseigodzilla425 »

BabyG1975 wrote:Bonus Question 1.) Did Media Blasters actually release Godzilla vs Megalon on Blu-ray in 2013 with the CD included?
I bought the initial Media Blasters Blu-ray of Destroy All Monsters in 2011, their Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD in 2012, their misprint Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD that included the cut special features, and their Godzilla vs Megalon Blu-ray in 2014 when it came out. None of those releases included a CD, those were sold separately (and I honestly can't remember if the Megalon CD ever got released at all). Megalon wasn't released on Blu-ray until 2014.

BabyG1975
Ronin

Post by BabyG1975 »

Okay here's my last question on the matter of GODZILLA VS MEGALON according to the Toho Kingdom page in 2003 Age Video released the film unlicensed. Can anyone confirm this exists? I literally can't find a single thing on any website about "Age Video" or this unlicensed release.
Last edited by BabyG1975 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Listen kid... Theirs two things you don't know about the Earth, one is me, the other Godzilla"- Captain Gordon Godzilla Final Wars

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Will the King of the Monsters best buy steelbook ever be back in stock?
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:Will the King of the Monsters best buy steelbook ever be back in stock?
Probably not.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Destoroyah of Worlds wrote:Will the King of the Monsters best buy steelbook ever be back in stock?
Probably not.
God. Dammit.

Guess I'll just get the regular blu-ray when i pick up hobbs & shaw next week. I GUESS.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Found it! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Tohosaurus on Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

deadman31
Yojimbo

Post by deadman31 »

Does anyone have this for trade or sale? I’m desperate

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

^definitely a bootleg.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

deadman31
Yojimbo

Post by deadman31 »

Yes I know it’s a bootleg but I must have it. ;)

If we aren’t supposed to talk about it I apologize.