Godzilla/Kaiju General Releases Thread (Ask questions here!)

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla/Kaiju General Releases Thread (Ask questions here!)

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

omgitsgodzilla wrote:There's a streaming site that has almost all of the Godzilla movies sourced from the Toho Blu-rays (with subs too); I'll PM you the link
Whoa WHOA WHOA. Is that leagal? (either way, ship a link this way if you wouldn't mind).
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

Nah, it's one of those streaming sites. You might've actually heard of them; it's one of a few similarly-named sites that went down for a while recently. If that doesn't ring any bells shoot me a message and I'll link you
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
omgitsgodzilla wrote:There's a streaming site that has almost all of the Godzilla movies sourced from the Toho Blu-rays (with subs too); I'll PM you the link
Whoa WHOA WHOA. Is that leagal? (either way, ship a link this way if you wouldn't mind).
To watch them? Yes. To stream them? No.

I think I know the streaming site. I'm watching Shin on it.
Last edited by Kaijunator on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Post by gzillafan17 »

Kaijunator wrote:
Full version or edited version?
It's not a lake; it's an ocean. - Alan Wake

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

Kaijuinator which website is it cuz i never saw shin and it looks cool
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

gzillafan17 wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:
Full version or edited version?
Edited. It's only 100 minutes. :( The only Godzilla scene that's cut is the 2nd form's rampage. The 3rd form and all the 4th form's scenes are complete. Hopefully the full version will get uploaded in March when Japan gets the Blu-Ray.

Added in 1 minute 34 seconds:
SuperPawnageGigan wrote:Kaijuinator which website is it cuz i never saw shin and it looks cool
You didn't see it? Were any of your theaters playing it?

If you don't mind seeing an edited version (only 1 hour and 40 minutes instead of the full 1 hour and 58 minutes), I can PM it to you.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

An entire page about where to bootleg movies..

Just PM each other about this stuff folks. You can't post links in the topic, anyway.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Goji wrote:An entire page about where to bootleg movies..

Just PM each other about this stuff folks. You can't post links in the topic, anyway.
I know.
Kaijunator, in the post above yours wrote: I can PM it to you.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Alrighty then....

Shin Godzilla (in Japan) will be getting the film in both regular Blu-ray and 4K UHD. Amazon Japan will be getting an exclsuive Steelbook for both versions.

Resized Image

Also, Godzilla 2014 is getting a reissue within WB's 'Monster Mayhem' line. Definitely will be the same disc.

[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Love that Shin steelbook! Question, what is the quality of the Malaysian Ultraman DVDs? Picture, subtitles, etc. I really wanna pick up the complete Nexus but not if it looks like crap.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

I really want the 3-disc version of the steelbook. I don't want to spend nearly $100 for the 4 disc one.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

gigan72 wrote:Alrighty then....

Shin Godzilla (in Japan) will be getting the film in both regular Blu-ray and 4K UHD. Amazon Japan will be getting an exclsuive Steelbook for both versions.

Resized Image

Also, Godzilla 2014 is getting a reissue within WB's 'Monster Mayhem' line. Definitely will be the same disc.

all i want is the blu ray thats all i want cuz i never saw movie
8-BIT MADNESS

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:
gigan72 wrote:Alrighty then....

all i want is the blu ray thats all i want cuz i never saw movie

Hope you can speak Japanese lol
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

dude trust me i watched godzilla vs mechagodzilla 2 and godzilla vs spacegodzilla in Japanese
8-BIT MADNESS

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

The film will also be available from Japan in regular packaging too, for cheaper.

Also, Funimation has the US rights for the film, so it's extremely likely they will be releasing Shin Godzilla on Blu here by next year, if not guaranteed.
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

SuperPawnageGigan wrote:dude trust me i watched godzilla vs mechagodzilla 2 and godzilla vs spacegodzilla in Japanese
Those probably had subtitles though. Shin most likely will have no subtitles.

parental issues.
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

Post by Great Hierophant »

I doubt we will be getting a 4K release from Funimation, I'd be willing to take the plunge and buy an Ultra HD 4K player or an Xbox One S for something unusual like Shin Godzilla if subtitled.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

4K Shin is for Japan only.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

So uhhh, I had kind of an impulse buy today. I was at Best Buy, and picked up the Toho Godzilla Collection double feature of GMMG and GFW Blu Ray for $5. Remembering all the dubtitles, and not great quality, of the GMMG, GxM, GMK, and GxMG dvd's I'm now having sort of buyer's remorse. Is this pretty much the same thing, but on Blu Ray?

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

KingKaiju wrote:So uhhh, I had kind of an impulse buy today. I was at Best Buy, and picked up the Toho Godzilla Collection double feature of GMMG and GFW Blu Ray for $5. Remembering all the dubtitles, and not great quality, of the GMMG, GxM, GMK, and GxMG dvd's I'm now having sort of buyer's remorse. Is this pretty much the same thing, but on Blu Ray?
No, there is a decent and noticeable uptick in quality on the Blu-ray over the DVD's, and are well worth it for $5, especially with the HD digital copies that are thrown in (if you use those, of course).