Cozzila dvd

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
gotengomantango
Ronin

Cozzila dvd

Post by gotengomantango »

okay cozzila might be the only colorized version of godzilla 54 i heard yamato video was going to release it with the original version but it never happened there might be bootleg versions but i want to see a official version

Sid
Ronin

Re: Cozzila dvd

Post by Sid »

Whaaaaaat?

It was never released.
There is no point in having this thread.
Done.
That is all.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

10? 11?
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Yamato Video did release G54 on DVD in Italy, but rather than Cozzilla, they released what I assume is the original theatrical Italian version (which is pretty much the same as the US version), along with the original Japanese cut.

Hopefully that clears this matter up before the topic gets locked.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I'd like to see Cozzilla as a torrent or something, wasn't it on Youtube before? (PM me)

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

I know Jean-Baptiste Pujolle (he's contributed a few VHS boxes to the main site) has a nicer looking copy from a television airing in the '80s.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

they never finished the colorization.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Jikiro wrote:
junkerde wrote:they never finished the colorization.
Ahhhh yes they did.
oh

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I believe Hal Roach studios in the US started colorizing things, like NOTLD back in the '80s. It was a failure, & HRS went under.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Pretty sure Hal Roach never touched Godzilla.

kpa
G-Grasper

Post by kpa »

Yamato Video released the Japanese version of GODZILLA on DVD. They planned to follow up with a 2-Disc set of the1956 American version and Luigi Cozzi's colorized Italian version, but changed their minds due to the poor sales of the G'54 DVD. Cozzi says Yamato has a 35mm negative of "COZZILLA" so they could do a high-quality release if they wanted to.

For much more on COZZILLA -- including an email address to request the DVD from Yamato -- check out the lengthy interview with Cozzi we ran a few years back on SciFi Japan...

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2009 ... igi-cozzi/

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

gotengomantango wrote:okay cozzila might be the only colorized version of godzilla 54 i heard yamato video was going to release it with the original version but it never happened there might be bootleg versions but i want to see a official version
First off, Cozzilla , or Godzilla, is the Italian colorized version of Godzilla- King of the Monsters with Raymond Burr. It's not Godzilla 1954 because TOHO could only sell the American version rather than the original Japanese. In turn for it being the first colorized black/white film, from paint dyes and other methods, it also added some new scenes that did not exactly match well with the film itself to bring the film up to date with modern tastes of the time.

As I also recall, Ted Turner brought the trend to its climax with other classics using more refined methods.

Personally I wouldn't mind if someone tried to reconstruct a scene of Cozzilla , got the appropriate stock footage used, with the Criterion copy as the base for digital colorization. But if the 2014 film makes it possible for an official release to happen...I hope it does.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

God forbid some of us just like seeing different versions of our favorite films.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Chris55 wrote:
masterj wrote:exactly, i dont know why anyone would want this it doesnt add anything, you might as well give up your efforts now its not worth the end product.
Man, this just smacks of "jealous quitter".

Who are you to tell people what they can and can't enjoy?
Yeah honestly masterj, quit it

Hawanja
Ronin

Post by Hawanja »

Bringing back necrothread.

I am also interested in obtaining this film, PM me if you have a lead.

Crazy Jim Films
Monarch Researcher

Post by Crazy Jim Films »

I wouldn't mind checking it out, just out of pure curiosity.
Check out the PG version of my short film, "Destroy All Sisters".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNVCmLaqznA&t=1s

Motorheadbanger
Monsterland Worker

Post by Motorheadbanger »

Love the bizarreness of the picture. It's like watching a strange combination of a fever dream and an acid trip.
Rex Dart, Eskimo Spy

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Fortunately I only saw the trailers last year. It looked like Godzilla on acid singing Yellow Submarine. Definitely a definitive. :)

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

"Fortunately"?
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Alternity Orange
Ronin

Post by Alternity Orange »

Hi all, long time listener, first time caller. It was cool to finally see and snag a low-res version of Cozilla recently, Wow, Trippy. Godzilla vs Hedorah has nothing on Cozilla. I may try to do a reconstruction of the film if I can locate all of the stock footage.