* Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Godzilla21
Keizer

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Post by Godzilla21 »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:I got vs. King Ghidora (The first release version missing the H at the end of Ghidorah) and vs. Spacegodzilla sealed but no pics yet.

I scored this for a decent deal,

And I couldn't resist this one,

It's kind of hard to see but it's sealed. Now I'm only missing the Mothra, Monster Zero & Revenge 3 pack, Godzilla vs. Hedorah & Godzilla '98 to complete my sealed Godzilla VHS collection. I haven't seen the 3 pack being sold anywhere sealed, and Hedorah is like $150 sealed so...
For the 5 pack are the individual titles sealed too or just the pack? I was looking at that one
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:I got vs. King Ghidora (The first release version missing the H at the end of Ghidorah)
I don't think it was ever released on video any other way. The title was corrected for the artwork by the time it hit DVD, but even on VHS the actual on screen title of TriStar's version was always "Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah."
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Godzilla21 wrote:For the 5 pack are the individual titles sealed too or just the pack? I was looking at that one
I'm honestly not sure, I don't think they are but that's only because this set doesn't appear to have individually wrapped tapes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpoUQUqClV4&t=231s
Terasawa wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:I got vs. King Ghidora (The first release version missing the H at the end of Ghidorah)
I don't think it was ever released on video any other way. The title was corrected for the artwork by the time it hit DVD, but even on VHS the actual on screen title of TriStar's version was always "Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah."
I have 2 copies of it, my original has an A at the end and the newer one I happened to find at a flea market has the H at the end.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

PopInPicsPresents wrote: I'm honestly not sure, I don't think they are but that's only because this set doesn't appear to have individually wrapped
Ya I figured. Think I'll have to go individual if I want em sealed
SpaceG92 wrote:

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Terasawa wrote:
I have 2 copies of it, my original has an A at the end and the newer one I happened to find at a flea market has the H at the end.
Not that I doubt you, but I'd love to see that if you get a chance to get some pictures of it. In the 20+ years I've been collecting these movies I don't know that I've ever seen that alternate sleeve. So that's a totally new one to me.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Terasawa wrote:Not that I doubt you, but I'd love to see that if you get a chance to get some pictures of it. In the 20+ years I've been collecting these movies I don't know that I've ever seen that alternate sleeve. So that's a totally new one to me.

No worries man
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

deadman31
Yojimbo

Post by deadman31 »

It’s a boot but I’m happy not paying $85 for it

pic hosting

Also picked up Godzilla KOTM 4K/Blu/Digital for $12.99 on Best Buy

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

KOTM was the latest, but i plan to get Raiga and Reigo eventually.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Terasawa wrote:Not that I doubt you, but I'd love to see that if you get a chance to get some pictures of it. In the 20+ years I've been collecting these movies I don't know that I've ever seen that alternate sleeve. So that's a totally new one to me.

No worries man
Wow thats a great variant Pops! Probably extremely rare I would think. It's not even mentioned on the main site.
SpaceG92 wrote:

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Thanks for sharing! Guess that’s one I’ll have to keep an eye out for.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Godzilla21 wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:

No worries man
Wow thats a great variant Pops! Probably extremely rare I would think. It's not even mentioned on the main site.
Thanks man, although I could have sworn it says something about the corrected version being produced in '99 but I could just be making that up lol
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

Godzamera
Yojimbo

Post by Godzamera »

I found the out-of-print Classic Media War of the Gargantuas/Rodan DVD for $20 at F.Y.E. today!
GODZILLA BOX

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Just ordered Shin on Blu-Ray since I haven't given it a solid full thorough watch (had no TV in my room for a while). Figured maybe I'll appreciate it more if I watch it on my new 60" TV I picked up over the summer.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Sorry to spam the thread with images lately lol but I changed up my setup

Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Mama Birdon is bae

deadman31
Yojimbo

Post by deadman31 »

I ordered this. Any opinions?

Last edited by deadman31 on Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

deadman31 wrote:I ordered this. Any opinions?

My German friend got this recently. According to him, most of the movies look okay. Not perfect, but watchable. Also, the pitch of the German dub of GFW is off, as if it was recorded for the PAL speed (or something like that).
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

TitanosaurusFan
Yojimbo

Post by TitanosaurusFan »

A few weeks ago, I bought Tokyo Shock's Atragon DVD. Pretty rad, it was my first time seeing the film.

I also got the Classic Media Rodan/War of the Gargantuas DVD recently. Vety glad to own it again. I watched the American version of WOTG for the first time in years. Russ Tamblyn sure was funny in it!
Last edited by TitanosaurusFan on Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

realinvaderdesign
GPN Volunteer

Post by realinvaderdesign »

TitanosaurusFan wrote:A few weeks ago, I bought Tokyo Shock's Atragon DVD. Pretty rad, it was my first time seeing the film.

I also got the Classic Media Rodan/War of the Gargantuas DVD recently. Vety glad to own it again. I watched the American version of WOTG for the first time in years. Russ Tamblyn sure was funny in it!
You should check out tokyo shocks Frankenstein conquers the world aswell if you haven't already, its a pretty good release

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

I ordered this long overdue addition to my Godzilla movie collection today from Amazon:

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Last film I bought was Reptilicus last month. Last summer I bought The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, Behemoth, Gorgo, and last year's King of the Monsters.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.