* Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: * Last Kaiju-related films you bought on VHS/DVD/Blu-ray?

Post by MandaSaurus »

Misteretc wrote:Big Ass Spider

Here's the trailer for it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf3j2lr03e4
Heh. I bought this back when it first came out. Never really thought of it as a 'kaiju movie', but I guess it is. Wal-Mart had them change the packaging, so that 'Ass' was crossed out, & it reads 'BigGEST Spider'. Ah, censorship... :lol:

spottedming
Samurai

Post by spottedming »

well if we're talking kaiju related i suppose both AOT movies count, im not a fan of the anime but I love the tokusatsu stuff seen in the live action films. I also got the criterion collection godzilla on bluray + the mirimax godzilla vs biolante, and a few other dvds such as atragon and terror of mechagodzilla, i did have terror of mecha godzilla before however that was only the dub

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Pre-ordered the Return of Godzilla blu-ray
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

I purchased the entire Millennium series of Godzilla, and every one except the Japanese version of Godzilla 2000 has arrived already. I must say, despite the amount of flak it seems to get around here, I personally liked Godzilla vs. Megaguirus as a whole (but I have my complaints about it as well).

I'm probably going to pre-order the Godzilla 1984 DVD in the next few days because why not? It's finally getting a legitimate release here in the states, something I always wanted to see.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

I just bought a used copy of Godzilla (The Criterion Collection) at Half Price Books for $20. Works fine.
Last edited by GODZILLA2877 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Lucky! I miss having one of those locally...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

Zarm wrote:Lucky! I miss having one of those locally...
:lol:

Misteretc
Young Farmer

Post by Misteretc »

Godzilla 2 Epic Movie Fan Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4J8GrlBg8U

This uses the Big Ass Spider scenes as part of it. Loved it!

Added in 1 minute 53 seconds:
Godzilla World Trailer (Jurassic World/Godzilla Spoof)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X_-awyCXRc

Another great fan made fictional trailer!

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Misteretc wrote:Godzilla 2 Epic Movie Fan Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4J8GrlBg8U

This uses the Big Ass Spider scenes as part of it. Loved it!

Added in 1 minute 53 seconds:
Godzilla World Trailer (Jurassic World/Godzilla Spoof)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X_-awyCXRc

Another great fan made fictional trailer!
Wrong thread, buddy.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

Post by Great Hierophant »

I finally took the plunge and completed my Region A "definitive" Godzilla Blu-ray set :

Godzilla (The Criterion Collection)
King Kong vs. Godzilla
Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster (a.k.a. Ebirah: Horror of the Deep)
King Kong Escapes
Godzilla on Monster Island (a.k.a. Godzilla vs. Gigan)
Destroy All Monsters (2011 with Extras)
Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster (a.k.a. Godzilla vs. Hedorah)
Godzilla vs. Megalon
Godzilla 1984 (a.k.a. The Return of Godzilla)
Godzilla vs. Biollante
Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah / Godzilla vs. Mothra: The Battle for Earth
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II / Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla
Godzilla vs. Destoroyah / Godzilla vs. Megaguirus: The G Annihilation Strategy
Rebirth of Mothra / Rebirth of Mothra II / Rebirth of Mothra III
Godzilla 2000
Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla / Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack
Godzilla: Final Wars / Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.
Shin Godzilla

Any gaps must be filled with DVDs and reconstructions for now.
Last edited by Great Hierophant on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Attack on Titan, The Movie: Part I

Blu-Ray+DVD+Digital Download Set, $20 at Wal-Mart.

Added in 2 hours 17 minutes 38 seconds:
Attack on Titan: The Movie Part II, will be my NEXT purchase, in December!

Shin Godzilla will be purchased whenever it comes out next year. Of course...

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Just bought this Toho collection 3 pack featuring mothra, battle in outer space, and h-man.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

akanes_kiryu
Interpol Agent

Post by akanes_kiryu »

Grabbed the Blu-ray two-pack of Destroy All Monsters and Godzilla vs. Megalon for $39.99. I saw the recent price scare and I'm not getting left behind on this one.

Added in 1 hour 12 minutes 4 seconds:
Picked up the Godzilla Criterion Blu-ray for $19.99 (price matched with Barnes and Noble's Criterion sale) and The Return of Godzilla and Godzilla 2000 Blu-rays. I now have all the US Blu-rays that have a Japanese (not international) print, which is a weird accomplishment.
PSN: soilsongs

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

I got myself the Ultraman Ginga S and Ultraman X movie on DVD.
Couldn't wait to see them, especially the X movie since I listen to the soundtrack everyday.

akanes_kiryu
Interpol Agent

Post by akanes_kiryu »

Just ordered the three pre-1984 Kraken Godzilla Blu-rays and Mechagodzilla II/SpaceGodzilla and Destoroyah/Megaguirus along with the Gamera Heisei Trilogy which seems to going in and out of stock weirdly right now.

I also received some odd Blu-ray boots of Frankenstein vs. Baragon and Space Amoeba. Since Toho hasn't released Blu-rays of these yet and they don't appear to be from Japanese iTunes/Amazon HD digital releases I'm just going to assume they're upscaled from the DVDs.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

A Toho collection three-pack with H-Man (decent movie, but not what it was hyped up to be), Battle in Outer Space (have yet to watch that one), and Mothra (I can replace my digital iTunes copy with a disk!)

Also the complete Godzilla: The Series collection, which I'll need to find time to marathon soon.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

akanes_kiryu wrote:I also received some odd Blu-ray boots of Frankenstein vs. Baragon and Space Amoeba. Since Toho hasn't released Blu-rays of these yet and they don't appear to be from Japanese iTunes/Amazon HD digital releases I'm just going to assume they're upscaled from the DVDs.
Yeah, the guy I buy from sells Blu-rays of a good deal of movies that haven't gotten official Blu releases yet that are just upscaled DVDs, though he mentions that in the product descriptions. Oddly, he hasn't done so for King Kong Escapes, which actually has a usable HD transfer of the US version available, even though the Japanese version's only been on DVD.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

akanes_kiryu
Interpol Agent

Post by akanes_kiryu »

omgitsgodzilla wrote:
akanes_kiryu wrote:I also received some odd Blu-ray boots of Frankenstein vs. Baragon and Space Amoeba. Since Toho hasn't released Blu-rays of these yet and they don't appear to be from Japanese iTunes/Amazon HD digital releases I'm just going to assume they're upscaled from the DVDs.
Yeah, the guy I buy from sells Blu-rays of a good deal of movies that haven't gotten official Blu releases yet that are just upscaled DVDs, though he mentions that in the product descriptions. Oddly, he hasn't done so for King Kong Escapes, which actually has a usable HD transfer of the US version available, even though the Japanese version's only been on DVD.
I'm just surprised no bootlegger so far has purchased the digital version and used them. Kong Kong Escapes is one that I don't necessarily care if I'm watching the US version since half the leads are dubbed in either version, so the US Blu-ray is fine for me.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I'd ask my guy why he doesn't just buy the digital HD versions and use them, but the last time I tried to get in touch with him I never heard back. (Not that he's gone AWOL, he's still shipping orders promptly)
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

akanes_kiryu
Interpol Agent

Post by akanes_kiryu »

omgitsgodzilla wrote:I'd ask my guy why he doesn't just buy the digital HD versions and use them, but the last time I tried to get in touch with him I never heard back. (Not that he's gone AWOL, he's still shipping orders promptly)
I've tried personally buying the digital HD copies on Amazon Japan and it seemed to not like selling them to someone outside of Japan. I'm sure quality bootleggers are pretty busy. ;)