What Godzilla movies do you own?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
The Kongfather
Yojimbo

Re: What Godzilla movies do you own?

Post by The Kongfather »

I think I finally have them all, but I wish my copies of Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla and Son of Godzilla were official releases instead of comicon promo copies. It's the same quality, so I can't justify spending $80 a piece for the real thing. It would also be nice to have legitimate editions of the Japenese version of King Kong vs. Godzilla and the USA cut of Return of Godzilla.

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

Showa: Godzilla '54, Mothra vs Godzilla, Ghidorah The Three Headed Monster, Godzilla vs Monster Zero, Destroy All Monsters, Godzilla vs The Smog Monster, Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, Terror of Mechagodzilla.

Heisei: Godzilla 1985, Godzilla vs Biollante, Godzilla vs King Ghidorah, Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II, Godzilla vs Destroyah.

Millenium: Godzilla 2000

I also own G'14, Kong Skull Island, and Shin.
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

GoWhaleTours
JXSDF Technician

Post by GoWhaleTours »

The following blu rays:

Godzilla (1954)
King Kong vs Godzilla
Destroy All Monsters
Godzilla and MOTHRA the Battle for Earth
Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla 2
Godzilla vs Destroyah
Godzilla vs Megaguirus

On DVD:

Godzilla vs Biollante
Godzilla Final Wars

On Digital:

KOTM 1956
Godzilla Raids Again
GMK
GO GO GOJI KUN

Txzilla
Ronin

Post by Txzilla »

I own every Godzilla movie 1954-2016. With Japanese & English dubbing. My pride and joy is my “Godzilla Final Box 50th Anniversary” DVD Set. I pre-order this box set before Godzilla Final Wars ever came out in the United States. It was somewhat expensive but worth every penny after I saw the 1.1 Godzilla Suit Head :g2k: sculpture. It's amazing ! On a less note it took me almost 3 years to complete my collection. I wanted to get everyone of them eventually it all worked out in the end.
Last edited by Txzilla on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I have every film but not every version I want. I still don't have decent copies of the Titra Son and Sea Monster dubs. I do have a decent boot of Godzilla 1985 though.
These should help:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 1&start=20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SXNVXDN0vw
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

Rodan1987
Young Farmer

Post by Rodan1987 »

I have the following Godzilla movies on DVD:

Godzilla 1954 (classic Media)
Godzilla 1954 (Criterion)
Godzilla Raids Again (Classic Media)
King Kong vs Godzilla (Universal)
Mothra vs Godzilla (classic Media)
Ghidorah (classic Media)
Invasion of Astro Monster (Classic Media)
Godzilla vs the Sea Monster (Kraken)
Destroy all Monsters (Tokyo Shock--With extras!)
All Monsters Attack (Classic Media)
Godzilla vs Hedorah (Kraken)
Godzilla vs Gigan (Kraken)
Terror of MechaGodzilla (Classic Media)
The Return of Godzilla (Kraken)
Godzilla vs Biollante (Miramax)
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II (Sony)

Godzilla 1985 (a bootleg)

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

I have everything save TERROR OF MECHAGODZILLA on DVD, although my copies of SON OF GODZILLA, GODZILLA VS MECHAGODZILLA '74, and RETURN OF GODZILLA are pirated.

I had everything up through Godzilla and Mothra: Battle for the Earth on legitimate VHS, with the rest of the films up through GODZILLA AGAINST MECHAGODZILLA on bootleg VHS.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I have everything on DVD or blu ray except LPG. I'll probably get it eventually, but the dark transfer turned me off and I was holding out for the special edition/whatever it was going to be that Thomas Tull talked about, but I highly doubt now we're going to get it.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Waiting on SOMEONE to re-release "Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla" and "Son of Godzilla"... :(

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

MandaSaurus wrote:Waiting on SOMEONE to re-release "Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla" and "Son of Godzilla"... :(
Someone on one of the FB collectors pages just was selling those

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Godzillian wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:Waiting on SOMEONE to re-release "Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla" and "Son of Godzilla"... :(
Yeah, but for HOW MUCH?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

MandaSaurus wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Yeah, but for HOW MUCH?
WEll they were selling their whole dvd collection with each dvd being $15 a piece

Txzilla
Ronin

Post by Txzilla »

I gave must of my vhs to my little sister son. He using a old vcr his mom gave him from our parents home. Those were the days.... popcorn and Godzilla every Friday nite at our home ... :g2k:

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I've got these films:
Toho (DVD Region 1 unless otherwise noted; all of them are in the Kiryu Saga as listed in the Toho Kingdom Blog article Godzilla Millennium Series Continuity (except for The Mysterians, Battle in Outer Space, Matango and The Bloodthirsty Trilogy (which are all included by myself simply because I think they fit the overall theme of the Saga)):
*Godzilla (1954; also contains Godzilla, King of the Monsters! (1956))-The Criterion Collection (first pressing) (Blu-ray)
*The Mysterians-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Varan-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Mothra-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray (SteelBook version))
*Matango-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Atragon-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Dogora-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Frankenstein vs. Baragon (a.k.a. Frankenstein Conquers the World)-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*King Kong Escapes-Universal (Blu-ray; the only film I have in this list that doesn't include the Japanese subtitled version on it, but maybe someday...)
*Space Amoeba-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla-Sony/Tristar
*Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.-Sony/Tristar
*Rodan and War of the Gargantuas-Classic Media/Dreamworks (first pressing)
*Sci-Fi Double Feature: The H-Man/Battle in Outer Space-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray)
*The Bloodthirsty Trilogy-Arrow Video (U.S. version; first pressing) (Blu-ray; contains The Vampire Doll/Lake of Dracula/Evil of Dracula)

Extras
*The Return of Godzilla-Section 23 Films/Kraken Releasing (Blu-ray)
*Godzilla vs. Biollante-Miramax/Echo Bridge (Blu-ray)
*Godzilla 2000: Millennium (also contains Godzilla 2000)-Sony/Tristar (Blu-ray)
*Rebirth of Mothra I II III-Sony/Tristar (Blu-ray)

Non-Toho (again, DVD Region 1 unless otherwise noted):
*Rainbow Man-Sinister Cinema (DVD-R, Japanese subtitles only, gray market bootleg release)
*The Invisible Man Appears/The Invisible Man vs. the Human Fly-Arrow Video (U.S. version; first pressing) (Blu-ray)
*Warning from Space-Arrow Video (U.S. version; first pressing) (Blu-ray)
*The Whale God-Sinister Cinema (DVD-R, Japanese subtitles only, gray market bootleg release)
*The Gamera Ultimate Collection Volume 1-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray, contains Gamera/Gamera vs. Barugon/Gamera vs. Gyaos/Gamera vs. Viras)
*The Gamera Ultimate Collection Volume 2-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray, contains Gamera vs. Guiron/Gamera vs. Jiger/Gamera vs. Zigra/Gamera, Super Monster)
*The Daimajin Trilogy-Mill Creek Entertainment-(Blu-ray, contains Daimajin/Return of Daimaijin/Daimajin Strikes Again)
*The Gamera Trilogy-Mill Creek Entertainment-(Blu-ray, contains Gamera the Guardian of the Universe/Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion/Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris)
*Gappa the Triphibian Monster-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock (DVD-R, second pressing)
*When Horror Came to Shochiku-Eclipse Films (contains The X from Outer Space/Goke, Body Snatcher from Hell/The Living Skeleton/Genocide) (first pressing)
*Monster X Strikes Back: Attack the G8 Summit-Media Blasters/Tokyo Shock
*Gorgo-VCI Entertainment
*Yongary, Monster from the Deep/Konga-MGM (Midnite Movies Double Feature)
*Them!-Warner Brothers (first pressing)
*Tarantula-Universal (DVD-R, Universal Vault Series)
*The Angry Red Planet-MGM (Midnite Movies)
*Swedish Double Feature: Terror in the Midnight Sun/Invasion of the Animal People (Special Edition)-Something Weird Video/Image Entertainment
*Equinox-The Criterion Collection (also contains the original version of the film, The Equinox... A Journey into the Supernatural (1967)) (first pressing)
*Dragonslayer-Paramount
*Little Shop of Horrors: The Director's Cut (1986)-Warner Brothers
*The Iron Giant (Signature Edition)-Warner Brothers
*King Kong (2005) (Deluxe Extended Edition)-Universal
*Tremors: 7-Movie Collection-Universal (contains Tremors, Tremors 2: Aftershocks, Tremors 3: Back to Perfection, Tremors 4: The Legend Begins, Tremors 5: Bloodlines, Tremors: A Cold Day in Hell and Tremors: Shrieker Island)
*Tremors: The Complete Series-Universal
*Pulse (Japanese version)-Magnolia Home Entertainment
*Pulse (unrated American version)-Dimension Home Entertainment
*Pulse 2 (a.k.a. Pulse 2: Afterlife)-Dimension Home Entertainment/Dimension Extreme
*Pulse 3 (a.k.a. Pulse 3: Invasion)-Dimension Home Entertainment/Dimension Extreme
*Ultra Q: The Complete Series-Shout! Factory
*Ultraman: The Complete Series-Mill Creek Entertainment
*Ultra Seven: The Complete Series-Shout! Factory (actually, it's The Complete Series Minus 1, since the banned episode 12 is missing, but that's okay - I'm willing to be flexible here)
*Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot: The Complete Series-Shout! Factory (one of two Japanese TV series on this list that doesn't include the unedited Japanese subtitled version on it - oh well, you can't win 'em all, i guess)
*Godzilla (1998)-Sony/Tristar
*Godzilla: The Series - The Complete Animated Series-Mill Creek Entertainment
*Godzilla (2014)-Legendary/Warner Brothers (Target exclusive DVD/Blu-ray combo)
*Shin Godzilla-FUNimation (DVD/Blu-ray combo)
*Kong: Skull Island-Legendary/Warner Brothers (Target exclusive DVD/Blu-ray combo)
*Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019)-Legendary/Warner Brothers (DVD/Blu-ray combo)
*Godzilla vs. Kong-Legendary/Warner Brothers (DVD/Blu-ray combo)

I hope to have these releases someday (once again, DVD Region 1 unless otherwise noted):
*Reptilicus-MGM (Midnite Movies) (I wish that the original unedited Danish version with English subtitles and all the deleted scenes put back in their proper places in the film had been included with this one - again, maybe someday...)
*Super Inframan-Shaw Brothers/Image Entertainment
*Ringu Collection-Arrow Video (U.S. version; first pressing) (Blu-ray; contains Ringu/Ringu 2/Ringu 0/The Spiral)
*One Missed Call Trilogy-Arrow Video (U.S. version; first pressing) (Blu-ray; contains One Missed Call/One Missed Call 2/One Missed Call: Final)
*Ultra Q: The Complete Series-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray (SteelBook version))
*Ultraman: The Complete Series-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray SteelBook version))
*Ultra Seven: The Complete Series-Mill Creek Entertainment (Blu-ray SteelBook version; this is still actually The Complete Series Minus 1; see above)
*Voyage into Space-Scorpion Releasing/Ronin Flix (Blu-ray; first pressing)
*Speed Racer: The Complete Series-FUNimation (the other Japanese TV series on this list that doesn't include the unedited Japanese subtitled version on it - like I said before, you can't win 'em all, I guess)
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 165 times in total.

Alternity Orange
Ronin

Post by Alternity Orange »

I own every US release DVD and every Blu-Ray except G98. I have a few bootlegs and multiples too.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

I use to own all the NA released Godzilla DVDs.

I now own the 6 Millenium Series movies including Godzilla: Final Wars, Rodan 1956, Godzilla 1954, & Godzilla 2014.
I think I may have Godzilla vs The Thing buried somewhere.
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

DVD:
Godzilla: King of the Monsters
Godzilla 1998

Blue Ray:
Godzilla 2014
Godzilla VS Mothra
Gamera Guardian of the Universe and Gamera 2 Attack of Legion

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I recently moved about 11 of my Godzilla movies to digital. Was considering ditching the physical copies but I have an attachment to these physical copies lol. I think eventually my only physical copies of any movie media will be Toho/Godzilla universe films
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

All of my Toku/Toku-related titles, barring films based off shows - I have a separate TV shelf with those. And don't worry, I have bootlegs, they're just off-shelf.
Last edited by MaxRebo320 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Great Hierophant
Interpol Agent

Post by Great Hierophant »

MaxRebo320 wrote: All of my Toku/Toku-related titles, barring films based off shows - I have a separate TV shelf with those. And don't worry, I have bootlegs, they're just off-shelf.
Awesome set, I'm quite envious of some of the titles shown there that are out of print. I was never able to find Gamera The Brave on Blu-ray, I had to settle for the DVD.