The Return of Godzilla / Godzilla 1985 Speculation Thread

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Goji
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Return of Godzilla / Godzilla 1985 Speculation Thread

Post by Goji »

Yeah, we're not having this discussion. Especially not here.

Anyways..I can understanding wanting some movies on both DVD/BD to 'complete your collection', but if you're already being selective about which Godzilla movies you add to your collection, it just seems kind of redundant.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

GodzillaFan1996
GPN Volunteer

Post by GodzillaFan1996 »

GODZILLA2877 wrote:
GodzillaFan1996 wrote:
GODZILLA2877 wrote:The Return of Godzilla is up for pre-order on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FZ8I7R4/re ... GxbY74HMYH
It's released the day before my birthday!!!!
Awesome! Are you getting the movie on DVD AND Blu-ray because I sure am.
I'm not sure yet, I'm leaning towards Blu-ray though.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

If you have a flatscreen TV that can output to (at least) 1080i, then you should be going with Blu-Ray 100% of the time. It shouldn't even be something you have to think about (unless, of course, you want both copies to fill out your DVD collection).
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

A Toho transfer on Blu-ray is useless though. If they use a new transfer of their own I'd be pleasantly surprised.

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

GODZILLA2877 wrote:
Goji wrote:Never thought I'd see the day when I was old enough to see two people in one day claim that Showa is "their least favorite series".
I just don't like movies from the 50s, 60s, or 70s that much. They can be kind of boring.

wow
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE Upcoming DVD/BD from Echo Bridge

Post by Space Hunter M »

eabaker wrote:
Goji wrote:I actually have two copies of THE RETURN OF GODZILLA, with the more recently acquired one being of slightly better quality than the other (though they're both PAL sourced..).

I've done a little digging, and it appears that RETURN has many more home video releases than originally thought. Other than the UK release(s), there are known VHS releases from Sweden, Brazil, and from what it sounds like, Scandinavia as well.

It would be great if a NTSC sourced-version could be found, as it would make a restoration of RETURN a hell of a lot easier (since the JP version suffers from the same "giant on screen text" syndrome that BIOLLANTE has). I believe the rare German LD release may be the only way for this to be possible.
The version I have is the Swedish one. I just wasn't sure which Scandanavian country it was from, until I saw the screen cap Space Hunter M posted and remembered that it contains a Swedish copyright.
You still have this copy? I got a Danish sourced one a while back.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE Upcoming DVD/BD from Echo Bridge

Post by eabaker »

Space Hunter M wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Goji wrote:I actually have two copies of THE RETURN OF GODZILLA, with the more recently acquired one being of slightly better quality than the other (though they're both PAL sourced..).

I've done a little digging, and it appears that RETURN has many more home video releases than originally thought. Other than the UK release(s), there are known VHS releases from Sweden, Brazil, and from what it sounds like, Scandinavia as well.

It would be great if a NTSC sourced-version could be found, as it would make a restoration of RETURN a hell of a lot easier (since the JP version suffers from the same "giant on screen text" syndrome that BIOLLANTE has). I believe the rare German LD release may be the only way for this to be possible.
The version I have is the Swedish one. I just wasn't sure which Scandanavian country it was from, until I saw the screen cap Space Hunter M posted and remembered that it contains a Swedish copyright.
You still have this copy? I got a Danish sourced one a while back.
It's on my VHS rack, directly in my line of sight right now.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.