Gamera 3 Blu Ray Subs

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS’, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Maritonic
Yin-Yang Master

Gamera 3 Blu Ray Subs

Postby Maritonic » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Not sure if this has a topic, or if it belongs somewhere else. If so, forgive me.

I am watching the Gamera Trilogy Blu Ray set by Mill Creek version of Gamera 3 and the subtitles are ABYSMAL. Missing in parts, laughably bad.

Am I the only one with this problem or is this a common complaint?
They Live. We Sleep.
“Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”
goji1986
Interpol Agent

Re: Gamera 3 Blu Ray Subs

Postby goji1986 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:48 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1158&start=420

^We had a whole thread about the release here. In short, no, you, probably somehow managed to get one of the early pressings that was so bad Mill Creek issued a replacement, which also had a subtitling issue and resulted in them issuing a SECOND replacement (both free with mailed cover insert). I literally had 3 separate discs, but the third time was literally the charm.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction in progress!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132
Maritonic
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Maritonic » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:30 am

goji1986 wrote:http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1158&start=420

^We had a whole thread about the release here. In short, no, you, probably somehow managed to get one of the early pressings that was so bad Mill Creek issued a replacement, which also had a subtitling issue and resulted in them issuing a SECOND replacement (both free with mailed cover insert). I literally had 3 separate discs, but the third time was literally the charm.

Wow. That's insane.

I don't remember having problems with my Guardian or Legion but it's been a while since I watched them.

I assume I have to buy a new one? Or will Mill Creek still honor some sort of replacement?
They Live. We Sleep.
“Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”
goji1986
Interpol Agent

Postby goji1986 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:54 am

This happened way back in 2012, so I honestly can't guarantee Mill Creek would honor this still. The info on where to send it can be found in this Sci-fi Japan article:
http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... 3-blu-ray/

Your best bet would be to get into contact with Mill Creek directly to check first.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction in progress!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132
Maritonic
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Maritonic » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:12 am

Alright, thanks. I'll shoot them an e-mail and see where it goes.

Thanks for the help. I finally got my wife to agree to watch the damn movie last night and this is what happens haha.
They Live. We Sleep.
tymon
EDF Soldier

Postby tymon » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:20 pm

Lol yeah we were all in the same boat at first. I was so excited to finish the trilogy, but had to settle with the damn DUB...ugh...
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?
Demiurge
Ronin

Postby Demiurge » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:42 pm

Didn't the third version (second and final fix) still have some issues? For all these years I've been under the impression that is the one I have, but while it's okay for the most part there are still bits of dialogue that aren't translated. If there is a "perfect" one I don't have... well that's a bummer.
gojiragetsaround
Young Farmer

Postby gojiragetsaround » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:39 am

I bought 2 and both had a problem with the subs. They were from Amazon though, so I wonder if I bought straight from Mill Creek if they would be fixed. I guess I could always watch my ADV discs
Maritonic
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Maritonic » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:33 am

They e-mailed me back saying they no longer have the license and can't help me. So I'm basically screwed. I just cannot STAND the dub of Gamera 3, especially. "THIS IS SO SCARY HUHUHUH". Ugh.
They Live. We Sleep.

Return to “Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, Audio CDs”