NECA General Thread (Non-Godzilla)

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: NECA General Thread (Non-Godzilla)

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

For those who pre-ordered Tokka & Razhar just a warning some people are not getting shipping notices or getting them the exact day they arrive in the mail.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Well this was pretty scathing:

I heard my fair share of NECA horror stories before getting into them, so I've been careful and haven't had an issue with any of my Godzilla figures (and now Kong), but I'm curious what you guys' take on this is. Are the other lines really that much more brittle than the Godzilla figures, or am I just really lucky?
Last edited by Gomi: Ninja Monster on Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:50 am Well this was pretty scathing:

I heard my fair share of NECA horror stories before getting into them, so I've been careful and haven't had an issue with any of my Godzilla figures (and now Kong), but I'm curious what you guys' take on this is. Are the other lines really that much more brittle than the Godzilla figures, or am I just really lucky?
Hmm. Well, at least it's not a video of someone complaining about their Twitter, lol.

Overall, I think it was an interesting watch but some things about it kind of bugged me, specifically that the uploader seems to not have much experience with the company's products outside of the AVP video game and TMNT comic figures and that the whole crux of his argument is based on secondhand experiences and "he-tell-me's".

He says that NECA claims they don't sell toys and that you're not meant to open them/play with them, but he never presents any comments from the company actually saying this. The only evidence about the "non-durable goods" claim is an unidentified website and the company's Wikipedia page which, if you're gonna be making a shakedown video like this, you should probably get some more hard facts rather than these scraps. The idea that searching "broken NECA" on Google somehow strengthens the claim that NECA's figures are notoriously fragile is a pretty bad faith argument that could be applied to any action figure line. "broken SH Figuarts" yields results, so does "broken MAFEX" or "broken Transformer". If I'm gonna be looking up "broken" anything, of course I'm going to get a staggering amount of results, Google's gonna give me what I'm searching for, ain't it?

This isn't really a defense of NECA or anything, I have had numerous issues with their products since first purchasing them back in 2013. In fact, I can pretty much list every flaw I've ever had with a NECA product I've owned:

- Original Striker Eureka snapped at waist
- Team Fortress 2 Demoman. Need I say more?
- Hong Kong Brawl Gipsy Danger's arm pegs snapped
- Wire started popping out of Godzilla 2014's tail
- Burning Godzilla's head was loose and kept falling off
- Shin Godzilla's tail joints never held up
- My initial Part 6 Jason's legs were wobbly and he could never stand
- Jungle Hunter Predator's arm tube broke
- Ultimate Big Chap's joints were very loose and the inner mouth couldn't hold in place
- Evil Dead 2 Ash's boomstick trigger broke when trying to hold it
- General stiffness in all my Godzillas' joints

...but at the same time, I've purchased a lot of their products that have met my expectations and held up pretty well over the years. My Godzilla figures are still in great shape, my Pacific Rim stuff looks and poses fine, and the horror figures I've recently begun picking up have also majorly been pretty good.

But this is really all just my personal experience with the company. I would honestly say that NECA as a whole is a hit-or-miss company, with a majority of their releases being hits. You just don't hear about all the people who are satisfied with their products because they don't really have any reason to say as such.

Added in 26 minutes 31 seconds:
Man, looking more into this guy's content...he seems like a real whiny cunt. His "Hasbros" video was pretty fuckin' cringe.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Force Personnel

UltramanGoji wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:11 pm
Gomi: Ninja Monster wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:50 am Well this was pretty scathing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXBytF3TXjQ
Hmm. Well, at least it's not a video of someone complaining about their Twitter, lol.
Overall, I think it was an interesting watch but some things about it kind of bugged me, specifically that the uploader seems to not have much experience with the company's products outside of the AVP video game and TMNT comic figures and that the whole crux of his argument is based on secondhand experiences and "he-tell-me's".
He says that NECA claims they don't sell toys and that you're not meant to open them/play with them, but he never presents any comments from the company actually saying this. The only evidence about the "non-durable goods" claim is an unidentified website and the company's Wikipedia page which, if you're gonna be making a shakedown video like this, you should probably get some more hard facts rather than these scraps. The idea that searching "broken NECA" on Google somehow strengthens the claim that NECA's figures are notoriously fragile is a pretty bad faith argument that could be applied to any action figure line. "broken SH Figuarts" yields results, so does "broken MAFEX" or "broken Transformer". If I'm gonna be looking up "broken" anything, of course I'm going to get a staggering amount of results, Google's gonna give me what I'm searching for, ain't it?

This isn't really a defense of NECA or anything, I have had numerous issues with their products since first purchasing them back in 2013. In fact, I can pretty much list every flaw I've ever had with a NECA product I've owned:

[examples go here]

...but at the same time, I've purchased a lot of their products that have met my expectations and held up pretty well over the years. My Godzilla figures are still in great shape, my Pacific Rim stuff looks and poses fine, and the horror figures I've recently begun picking up have also majorly been pretty good.
But this is really all just my personal experience with the company. I would honestly say that NECA as a whole is a hit-or-miss company, with a majority of their releases being hits. You just don't hear about all the people who are satisfied with their products because they don't really have any reason to say as such.
Added in 26 minutes 31 seconds:
Man, looking more into this guy's content...he seems like a real whiny vjj. His "Hasbros" video was pretty skreeonkin' cringe.
Yeah one of the reasons I posted it over here was because it didn't feel as comprehensive as I would have liked, with Godzilla and Pacific Rim being completely unmentioned for starters. I wanted some second opinions from people experienced with the lines to see if this was an overreaction or not (and to be blunt, was curious if any of these rabid fanboys he mentioned would pop up), because again, I've had excellent fortune in my limited scope. Appreciate the input.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Dear god that title is overblowing things, ain't it?

I agree with some of his points. Generally, Neca is the company I've had the most issues with. QC on Neca products is usually pretty shoddy. I've had a Big Chap that literally broke less than five minutes out of the box. I've also had figures that are packaged with missing pieces (Emissary Predator is missing an ammo pouch on his thigh). Randy can be pretty grating on Twitter especially when people call him out on his shenanigans.

I think 2015-2017 was Neca's honeymoon phase (well, not for Godzilla, lol). In the end, it's really all personal preference but for the licenses I actually cared about Neca was killing it with each release - the AVP Predators and Aliens, Pacific Rim... many good memories collecting those lines. This was back when Neca figures were only a few bucks more than an average Marvel legends figure. If you compared the two and put a Marvel Legends Spiderman next to a Neca Predator, there was literally no contest which one gave you more bang for your buck. Loved the EU Predators and Concept figures Neca would do for Predator. Nowadays Neca products seem to have really risen in price so I'm a lot more critical and choosy which ones I decide to buy. $30-35 for the Predator 2 updates made me reconsider getting them, tbh. There's only so much you can do with the movie Predators until you realize you're really just paying for the same body, albeit retooled. Now, when they want to get off their asses and finally release Wolf Predator I'll gladly pay $35. But all in all they seem to pursuing more licenses I just don't really care about (BTTF, horror, etc.) and are fairly stagnant in their Predator and Alien stuff.

So uh, yeah, I think Neca's pretty fine. I just have lost interest in them because they're not really wowing me with their new releases. Even the AVP arcade stuff, which I have a huge spot for, ended up being kinda 'meh' cause they ending up reusing their movie Predator sculpts. The Aliens were cool, but you gotta have the Predators too, and the latter didn't impress me enough. Neca will probably always be better than Diamond Select, so no matter what they're at least better than some of the competition out there.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Most of my PacRim, Predator, and Endoskeleton figures have busted. Be it at the waist, hips, blades, hip pistons.

Neca uses some heavy plastic, but with that comes fragility. Mcfarlanes seems to excel in proper detailing, paint, affordability, and durability. Which is why they've likely gotten a majority of major licenses. Seems NECA is stuck with horror one offs and TMNT by the boatload.

I remember last NYCC was literally 98% TMNT, I went and was extremely disappointed.

With all that being said, I'm glad to have all of their Neca Zilla's, since it feels like I've finally 100%'d a line. (Well minus 90s burning G and the 84 figure remaster)
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

G-Force Personnel

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:40 pm Most of my PacRim, Predator, and Endoskeleton figures have busted. Be it at the waste, hips, blades, hip pistons.

Neca uses some heavy plastic, but with that comes fragility. Mcfarlanes seems to excel in proper detailing, paint, affordability, and durability. Which is why they've likely gotten a majority of major licenses. Seems NECA is stuck with horror one offs and TMNT by the boatload.

I remember last NYCC was literally 98% TMNT, I went and was extremely disappointed.

With all that being said, I'm glad to have all of their Neca Zilla's, since it feels like I've finally 100%'d a line. (Well minus 90s burning G and the 84 figure remaster)
Hah, should have mentioned that a couple weeks ago, last time I was at my local Target they still had a 90's Burning G in clamshell. been tempted on a few occasions to buy the thing just to give them the peg space

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Just like the stories I've heard. Just got both my shipping notice and my "out for delivery" notice for my Tokka & Rahzar at practically the same time.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

NECA's new profile picture on Facebook:

All I can say is HOOOLY FUCK YES

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

FUCK YEAH NECA. NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

RIP Evan.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Mrs. NECA, you're trying to seduce me.

...And it's working.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:11 pm NECA's new profile picture on Facebook:

All I can say is HOOOLY skreeonk YES
Ok NECA, I'm going to write you a blank cheque if promise to send me all of these!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Frankenstien is being made finally.

*Watch as all the horror nerds swoop in and correct me*

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Yeah, looks like I'll be replacing my Diamond Select Monsters now. REALLY hope they do ALL the Classic Universal Monsters.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

SoggyNoodles2016

Teaser image has been shown of the next NECA Universal Monster and it seems NECA's sales will rise again, as ever have they risen!

RIP Evan.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I really do hope that NECA dose all of the Universal Monsters and I do mean all of them. Like The Mad Ghoul, Paula the Ape Woman, Kharis the Mummy and the Werewolf Of London,they really need some action figures.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

are they still making that jaws figure, like the actual shark?
your source of self destruction

SoggyNoodles2016

master_of_monsters wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:56 pm are they still making that jaws figure, like the actual shark?
Yes, we just got this tease. (Though some believe this is a Toony Terrors Jaws)

RIP Evan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:05 pm
master_of_monsters wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:56 pm are they still making that jaws figure, like the actual shark?

Yeah, that's Toony Terrors for sure. Style doesn't match up with the rest of their Ultimate horror offerings.

SoggyNoodles2016

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:07 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:05 pm

[img]
Yeah, that's Toony Terrors for sure. Style doesn't match up with the rest of their Ultimate horror offerings.
Ah ok. Couldn't tell automatically based solely on mouth. Good to know!

RIP Evan.