Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Mac Daddy MM wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Rebor has announced a new Retrosaur T.rex. They won't be super articulated but anyone looking for an opponent for their Neca Kong should be pleased. Some early renders for the first two figures.

Oh... Oh my yes. As close to a Gwangi I think we'll ever get. Plus, the fact they're doing a Diablo-based color scheme to go with the Blizzard Kong... Yes even more, please.
Don't give up. With Xplus relaunching their Harryhausen line and moving along swiftly through the 1 Million Years BC menagerie I think an Xplus Gwangi is inevitable.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Amber Collection Echo has been announced! However, in a twist from the other members of the Raptor Squad, she seems tobe more based on her appearance in Camp Cretaceous instead of Jurassic World.

I'm disappointed it'll take a repaint or a custom to get that awesome movie skin, but I really dig this look so I don't mind too much.
That's a really good raptor. Do we know the scale of these?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Package samples for the Creative Beasts Ceratopsian line.

https://creative-beast.com/the-final-pa ... ious-ones/

Added in 3 minutes 26 seconds:
Sadly with some delays do to packaging the Ceratopsian line might not be ready till early November.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Package samples for the Creative Beasts Ceratopsian line.

https://creative-beast.com/the-final-pa ... ious-ones/

Added in 3 minutes 26 seconds:
Sadly with some delays do to packaging the Ceratopsian line might not be ready till early November.
Hmm, I was going to order the Archeroraptor from BBTS and keep it in the pile of loot to save on shipping when I get the Psittacosaurus, but I don't know if I can wait that long. :lol:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Amber Collection Echo has been announced! However, in a twist from the other members of the Raptor Squad, she seems tobe more based on her appearance in Camp Cretaceous instead of Jurassic World.

[img]

I'm disappointed it'll take a repaint or a custom to get that awesome movie skin, but I really dig this look so I don't mind too much.
That's a really good raptor. Do we know the scale of these?
Same as the others: 6 inches high, 12 inches long.

Mac Daddy MM wrote:Only other one I personally want is a tiger stripe, TLW:JP raptor. Wake me up when we get an in scale JP Amber Collection T-Rex, please.
Agreed on both accounts. Also still holding out hope for the JP3 variants.

RIP Evan.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:
Mac Daddy MM wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:Rebor has announced a new Retrosaur T.rex. They won't be super articulated but anyone looking for an opponent for their Neca Kong should be pleased. Some early renders for the first two figures.

Oh... Oh my yes. As close to a Gwangi I think we'll ever get. Plus, the fact they're doing a Diablo-based color scheme to go with the Blizzard Kong... Yes even more, please.
Don't give up. With Xplus relaunching their Harryhausen line and moving along swiftly through the 1 Million Years BC menagerie I think an Xplus Gwangi is inevitable.
There actually already is an Xplus Gwangi. It comes packed with a DVD of the film and even together you can grab on Ebay for under $200 from some sellers.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

Mac Daddy MM wrote:
Will probably end up skipping. Already have Blue and JP Raptor. Only other one I personally want is a tiger stripe, TLW:JP raptor. Wake me up when we get an in scale JP Amber Collection T-Rex, please.
super colossal rex scales with the amber collection
your source of self destruction

Gomi: Ninja Monster
G-Force Personnel

Post by Gomi: Ninja Monster »

Okay, who ordered the last Archeroraptor? :mad:

Eh, that's what I get for dragging my heels.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

I'm just waiting for the Tyrannosaur series release date so I can set money aside for them.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Well we still got 3 Waves of the Ceratopsians to go so probably not till late next year sometime.

SoggyNoodles2016

Just got the BOTM Linheraptor.

Got the same opinion as most collectors: wonderful dinosaur figure but posing feet is a bitch.

RIP Evan.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

manage to find the Amber Collection Delta. Gotta say I'm pretty happy with it. Really wish Target would sale Blue to go with it.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Went to Target this morning and picked up a JW Sauropelta. It's a bit smaller than I'd realized, but a nice figure all the same. I like its unique action feature, swinging the whole front half side to side to attack with the spikes. The store was pretty well stocked, with a bunch of the new figures available. I'd have gotten a Postosuchus, too, but I'm broke. The pictures don't do that one justice, it looks good up close. The Alioramus was okay... I could take or leave it, same with the Irritator and Majungasaurus. Both look prone to having their legs warp.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Andy's Dinosaur Reviews got an early sample of the Beasts of the Mesozoic Medusaceratops.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Yes he did, and wow. The promotional pictures just don't do them justice at all. Imagine what they must look like in hand! Any lingering doubts I had about shelling out for these just got gored and trampled into the mud.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Too bad the rest of us have to wait a few more weeks. Kickstarter supported will probably get theirs first. I gotta wait until BBTS gets their stock in.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Preordered the Nasutoceratops!

SoggyNoodles2016

That looks gorgeous and that's the member of wave one I was most eh about. Looks like I'm gonna have to get some of these lol.

Anyone keeping up with the tyrannosaur line concept art? all looking dope. The Dryptosaurus went from eh to insta buy after I saw this

Edit: also, David has confirmed that for 2021, we will get 1/18th scale version of the Psittacosaurus and the Protoceratops. These will come in the 1/6 color options as well as some variants, along with confirmation some of the raptors may join this side option later on.

Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Edit: also, David has confirmed that for 2021, we will get 1/18th scale version of the Psittacosaurus and the Protoceratops. These will come in the 1/6 color options as well as some variants, along with confirmation some of the raptors may join this side option later on.
Oh, sick! That takes those two from easy passes to probable buys. I'd love to have them in scale with their larger relatives. I'd be on board for some 1/18th Raptors, too.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Still surprised he never did Deinonychus or Utahraptor.