Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by Salzilla »

More details and thoughts on the matter:

ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Thanks for the anti-scalping video. I never buy from scalpers myself, 'cuz I don't have that kind of money. If I can't find something at retail price, I don't usually bother with it. Currently, at my Target, the basic Legacy dinos are being clearanced out - mostly Young T-Rex. I think that the JPIII Velociraptor and water-spitting Dilophosaurus aren't going to show up until the 2019 Legacy stuff hits...

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I've been less and less enthused with Mattel's newer sculpts/paint jobs - although I commend them for sheer genus diversity - but the Spinosaurus fiasco has particularly soured me on the JW line. Target simply botched their handling of the release, and the scalpers magnified the issue. I tried checking on the website, but only once did I happen to see the figure in stock, and it sold out before I could even finish placing my order. There was no rhyme or reason evident in the figure going back in stock.
Unless Target/Mattel figure out a way to make the Spino easily accessible, I'm done with the line, save a select couple of upcoming figures that still look promising. I've got plenty of other critters to catch up on anyway - Safari ltd. has already released several of its 2019 figures...

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Nanmu Studio are releasing this 1/35 Indominus Rex statue (named "Berserker Rex to avoid copyright)

They're also working on statues of Indoraptor, Carnotaurus and Sinoceratops as well as in-scale figures of John Hammond, Dennis Nedry and Alan Grant.

Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

That Nedry is just TOO spot-on. I smell a lawsuit brewing from Universal Studios...

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

With respect to the leaks policy I will not post any images, but Mattel's revealed plans for 1:12 scale figures of Dracorex Stygimoloch, the tiger-stripe Velociraptors, and a Dilophosaurus. These are clearly aimed towards an older audience moreso than the current stuff, so I think I will pass on the current offerings and wait for the 1:12 dinos to come out.
Last edited by Noble Saber on Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

2004Zilla wrote:With respect to the leaks policy I will not post any images, but Mattel's revealed plans for 1:12 scale figures of Dracorex Stygimoloch, the tiger-stripe Velociraptors, and a Dilophosaurus. These are clearly aimed towards an older audience moreso than the current stuff, so I think I will pass on the current offerings and wait for the 1:12 dinos to come out.
Are they buy chance articulated like indoraptor? More, Less?

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

GojiDude95 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:With respect to the leaks policy I will not post any images, but Mattel's revealed plans for 1:12 scale figures of Dracorex Stygimoloch, the tiger-stripe Velociraptors, and a Dilophosaurus. These are clearly aimed towards an older audience moreso than the current stuff, so I think I will pass on the current offerings and wait for the 1:12 dinos to come out.
They are on par with the Indoraptor (might be the same POA). There is a prototype of Blue that did get publically revealed that shows off what kind of articulation they will have.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Forgot to mention, but yesterday, I picked up an articulated Indoraptor from Walmart. Gotta say, hell of a nice job. Way more articulated then half of my childhood dinosaur toys and has a lot of nice details. Only nitpick I have is I'm not fond of the uberglossy paint. Still, good figure.

RIP Evan.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

2004Zilla wrote:
GojiDude95 wrote:
They are on par with the Indoraptor (might be the same POA). There is a prototype of Blue that did get publically revealed that shows off what kind of articulation they will have.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Forgot to mention, but yesterday, I picked up an articulated Indoraptor from Walmart. Gotta say, hell of a nice job. Way more articulated then half of my childhood dinosaur toys and has a lot of nice details. Only nitpick I have is I'm not fond of the uberglossy paint. Still, good figure.
I'd be a much poorer man if Mattel would just produce a JP/JW Tyrannosaurus Rex that's as articulated as that Indoraptor is.
Last edited by G1985 on Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I just scored a Styracosaurus! Went by my local Target and they happened to be resetting toys, incl. Jurassic World. There were two empty pegs for Savage Strike, and I asked the nice lady working toys if there were any in back? She zapped the DPCI and said there were six in back. I said, "That's a case!" She went to get them, and brought the case out. I thanked her, and took the Styracosaurus & empty box with me... :D

BTW, the DCPI is 087-06-2647.
Last edited by MandaSaurus on Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

On my way home from Target with a Rhamphorhynchus and a Monolophosaurus, the latter of which I didn't know existed. I was hoping it would get an individual release, as opposed to the two pack with the T. Rex from a while back. Cool figures, both of them. They also had a Styracosaurus, but with a bad paint splotch on its face, so I passed. It's smaller than I'd realized, but then I guess it has to be in scale with the Triceratops.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I've started sighting new figures at Target as well: the Ramphorynchus, Dracorex, and T.rex pack were all on shelves, plus a few older figures like the Mosasaurus restocked. I was tempted, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

My Target also had the Dracorex, but eh... I like it, but not enough to pay full price. If I can shave a few bucks off at Walmart, I'm fine waiting. They had several Mosasaurs, too... I was initially solidly against buying that monster, but that was before I became helplessly addicted to this line, and the idea is slowly growing on me. God, there are so many damn dinosaurs I want this year, though. When this line was announced I was expecting to supplement my old JP collection with three or four new additions, and then Mattel opened the freaking floodgates. :lol:

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

JAGzilla wrote:On my way home from Target with a Rhamphorhynchus and a Monolophosaurus, the latter of which I didn't know existed. I was hoping it would get an individual release, as opposed to the two pack with the T. Rex from a while back. Cool figures, both of them. They also had a Styracosaurus, but with a bad paint splotch on its face, so I passed. It's smaller than I'd realized, but then I guess it has to be in scale with the Triceratops.
Where on it's face?

@JAGzilla: I'm avoiding most of the repaints/re-releases, and sticking with NEW dinos. The Target GREEN Legacy Collection T-Rex Pack gets a pass on that rule, as that re-painted EC Rex is kickin'! The re-issued Dino Rivals SuperColossal Rexes are off the table as I have the originals...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It was a whitish spot covering part of the beak and cheek area, really visible and clearly not an intentional part of the paint job. It actually works out that I couldn't get that Styracosaurus, though. At least two of the local Walmarts are in the process of changing their JW mods as we speak, so the new stuff should be stocked by morning, and I'll be able to get one cheaper. One label I noticed said 'Albertosaurus', which will make yet another figure I wasn't aware of. Can't wait to see what it looks like.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Go to YT if you want pics of the Albertosaurus. It's pretty cool...

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

JAGzilla wrote:One label I noticed said 'Albertosaurus', which will make yet another figure I wasn't aware of. Can't wait to see what it looks like.
Say no more!

Resized Image

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Notice the poor little discarded TransFormer behind the Albertosaurus. Appropriate... :lol:

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

2004Zilla wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:One label I noticed said 'Albertosaurus', which will make yet another figure I wasn't aware of. Can't wait to see what it looks like.
Say no more!
Noice, thanks. That's definitely under consideration. Also, my Walmart's still being slow, like always. The mods are in place, but the toys themselves apparently aren't even going out tonight. Hopefully tomorrow...