Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Angilasman
G-Grasper

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by Angilasman »

Out of stock might be inconvenient, but it's good overall - means they're selling!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Got my Return of Ultraman replace booklet! Apparently, the first batch they sent out were damaged by the glue on the envelope. To block that on mine they had a card between the back of the envelope and the booklet - the very same sales card we saw a year ago that gave away much of the 2020 release schedule!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Well after a couple of *spoilery* finds on target.com and Amazon.com a couple weeks back, MillCreek issues their official press release: June 15th 2021

https://www.scifijapan.com/articles/202 ... 1-release/

Last edited by o.supreme on Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

So when we getting Ultra Fight? Or Redman? C'mon MillCreek, you cowards. :lol:
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Dope. Dope. Dope.

The Zero trilogy is one of my big unchecked boxes. Can't wait to find out what's next!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

The funny thing is, based on Keith's comments at Kaiju-Con last summer. Since Mill Creek is releasing all these series/films on June 15th it still is technically "spring", so it's still a true statement ;) . The Ultra Galaxy Movie is by far my favorite single Ultraman piece of media to watch. I've had a subbed copy of it pretty much since the dvd came out in Japan. It will be nice to have an officially licensed copy finally.

As for the future, This is where it gets fun. We know the total list of what is available to MC, but everything from MC press release in 2019, and Keith's comments at Kaiju-Con last summer has now been revealed.

*If* MC continues the same pattern, I can only assume the next releases would be The Ultraman , and Ultraseven X, although we don't know when, or in what order they will come.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

I was hoping that Tiga/Dyna/Gaia would be next, as they've been available on Blu for a while now in Japan (and with the next new Ultra in Japan apparently tying in with the '90s shows it's nice synergy) - but it could be anything! I'm looking forward to being surprised.

KaijusHunter
Samurai

Post by KaijusHunter »

Ultraman 80 will start airing in HD on March 26th, in Japan on the Family Gejiko channel, with two episodes per week. The broadcast would end on September 10th, if we do the maths.
I guess Mill Creek will release it next year.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

It is true, anything is possible. They could start a new pattern of releases. However, if MC sticks to the alternating Old/New meet-in-the middle pattern, and conditions with the pandemic start to slightly improve we could potentially see Tiga before the end of this year, but I'm quite sure by the end of 2022 we will have pretty much everything MC has currently licensed, then we can only hope they make a new contract of the new/previously unavailable series and films.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

I am VERY late to the party and I want to start collecting these Blueray sets, but it seems that there was a problem with one of the booklets for one of the series, right? Are these dubbed or Japanese language with subtitles? Any quick information would be greatly appreciated.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

mikenes wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:55 pm I am VERY late to the party and I want to start collecting these Blu-ray sets, but it seems that there was a problem with one of the booklets for one of the series, right? Are these dubbed or Japanese language with subtitles? Any quick information would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure if this has every release so far, but if you click on each you can get the stats.

https://www.millcreekent.com/search?pag ... pe=product

Usually Amazon or other retailers have better prices. All series are in Japanese with English subs. A few of the more recent movies and specials have an English dub option as well. There is also a special "Birth of Ultraman" BRD set that has select episodes from the original series with their Titra/Titan U.S, dub.

As for the booklets, many of them have errors in language use and descriptions, but I guess the Return of Ultraman booklet was so egregious MC felt it warranted a replacement option. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The disc contents themselves are what's most important, and MC seems to be doing very well so far.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Took me a minute to notice but it just seems weird that on the cover of the Zero Collection, Dyna isn’t giving the thumbs up.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Man, those are some BUSY covers.

These are some of my most anticipated releases for the franchise; The Ultra Galaxy series (through assorted clips and the movie) was a major player in getting me interested in the Ultra franchise, so these will be must-buy sets for me!

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

o.supreme wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:17 pm
mikenes wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:55 pm I am VERY late to the party and I want to start collecting these Blu-ray sets, but it seems that there was a problem with one of the booklets for one of the series, right? Are these dubbed or Japanese language with subtitles? Any quick information would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure if this has every release so far, but if you click on each you can get the stats.

https://www.millcreekent.com/search?pag ... pe=product

Usually Amazon or other retailers have better prices. All series are in Japanese with English subs. A few of the more recent movies and specials have an English dub option as well. There is also a special "Birth of Ultraman" BRD set that has select episodes from the original series with their Titra/Titan U.S, dub.

As for the booklets, many of them have errors in language use and descriptions, but I guess the Return of Ultraman booklet was so egregious MC felt it warranted a replacement option. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The disc contents themselves are what's most important, and MC seems to be doing very well so far.
I really appreciate the information. Thank you!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Finally watched my Birth of Ultraman single disc release.

It's been awhile since I've watched the dub (it was how I originally watched the series: bootleg tapes that synced the laserdisc picture with audio from off-air recordings of the US version). Watching now, I can see how the English dub team struggled with the grind of producing a weekly series; at times it seems they struggle to come up with some bit of dialogue to take up space, and because they only have a few voices and often many characters they end up falling into the 'silly voice' trap of just trying to make their voices subtly or not so subtly different! The one part where the dub really excels is with Hayata. No offense towards Kurobe, but because the rest of the Science Patrol stand out so much he often sinks into the background. The dub gives him a really loud, warm and friendly voice that makes him stand out and be more endearing. Gives him that big brother feeling you know they intended the child audience to feel towards him.

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

Angilasman wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:44 am The one part where the dub really excels is with Hayata. No offense towards Kurobe, but because the rest of the Science Patrol stand out so much he often sinks into the background. The dub gives him a really loud, warm and friendly voice that makes him stand out and be more endearing. Gives him that big brother feeling you know they intended the child audience to feel towards him.
Earl Hammond, Hayata’s voice actor, gave him that sort of generic “50s square-jawed white guy hero” voice that sticks out in that sea of Asian-y voices in the dub. Susumu Kurobe had an somewhat western look to him back then, so I have a feeling that that informed the vocal performance.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Just 3 weeks away from the LOOOOOOOOOOOONG delayed Ultraman Leo BRD (05/25/21)
Just 6 weeks away from Ultra Galaxy/NEO + Movie as well as Ultraman Zero + OVA+Movies collections (06/15/21)

I hope those dates stay true, I've been more than ready for quite a while.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

I'm gonna try to watch all of R/B in the next week: I'll be 2 weeks out from my second vaxx in a week, and once that's done I'm gonna take a count of just how many episodes of Ultraman I watched during the pandemic. I'm thinking its... a few hundred, at least.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I'm really looking forward to Leo at the end of the month though Amazon still hasn't updated my shipment date. Hopefully its soon because I really want to watch that show. I've been going through Ultraman withdrawals. I could watch some of the newer stuff but I want to watch it in order because people have said there's some callbacks to past Ultra shows in the newer stuff.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Mebius and The Ultraman should be the next announced sets correct?
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.