ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Apparently, there's a new Absolute Conspiracy-themed stageshow out and... Tyrant took from Mario's book, I guess?

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

The Pissed Off Angry Chimera
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I've stared at this multiverse thing for the longest time and i'm still super lost.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

And I thought the DC multiverse was complex.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:33 am Image

I've stared at this multiverse thing for the longest time and i'm still super lost.
Well then you best get to studying, your Ultra-Test is next Friday. If you don't score a shuwatch, then Kanegon will eat out your bank account. Brutal stuff, I tell ya.

I do think that picture could've gone a much cleaner way. Granted I don't know Japanese, I just think grouping them purely by era and spin offs would be easy since they all can crossover on a whim according to the Land of Light. That way any secondary Ultras in a show can be paired with the titular Ultra of each respective show. Then guys like Andro Melos, Glenfire, the parody ultras, ect, can be on the side.

The constant overlapping arrows don't help either :lol:
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Belial vs...
Belial?

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:24 pm The constant overlapping arrows don't help either :lol:
Man, you ain't kidding. So many other better ways that could've been done.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:51 pm Belial vs...
Belial?
"That is the ass of the Land of Light."

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Just remembered these redesigns of Gomess and Litra made for last year's TsubuCon.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Ultraman Trigger, huh? Seems a little too similar to Tregear but people did think Geed's name was Xead for a while so who knows? Also, I really wish I had the artistic talent to draw an Ultra with Kamina hair and overexaggerated proportions but... just check the DA link in my bio and you can see how bad I am at drawing humans.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJsCb1djh9R ... 3xmylb9see
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Rumors have it that Trigger is apparently taking place in the Gaiaverse, and the other two big Heisei Ultra's are gonna be guest stars!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:52 am Rumors have it that Trigger is apparently taking place in the Gaiaverse, and the other two big Heisei Ultra's are gonna be guest stars!
I'm not sure if that's true. If it was, TsuPro would've made Heroes Odyssey about Z and Gaia. I'm still holding onto it being in the universe of Tiga and Dyna.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I rather enjoyed Gaia. Wouldn't mind seeing another series set in that continuity.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Well, if its going to be set in the Heisei era universe (Tiga/Dyna or Gaia), I really don't see how they can utilize gimmicks as much as they do now. Especially fusions. Looking forward to more new, Heisei-ish kaiju as well...

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

TyrantGojira wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:38 am And I thought the DC multiverse was complex.
Yeah, first it was many universes, then it was one, then it was 52, and now it's back to many again. Not to mention trying to figure out which stories are canon and which aren't at any given time.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Now its the DC Omniverse.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Sounds like those rumors about it being on the neo-frontier are coming true. Time will tell.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Since it's said it's gonna take place in the Heisei-verses, i wonder if Trigger's gonna have some actual familial realtionship to them. Not a son, but something like Ace is to Z, a godfather or something.
Last edited by Gigantis on Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:35 am Since it's said it's gonna take place in the Heisei-verses, i wonder if Trigger's gonna have some actual familial realtionship to them. Not a son, but something like Ace is to Z, a godfather or something.
I guess he could be Tiga's long lost son from his dark days with Camilla.

Quote of the Year:

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

It ain't going to happen, but I hope they drop the fusions and multi forms for an Ultraman. I liked X concept of him wearing an armor and him having only one powered-up form...