ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
mikenes
EDF Instructor

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by mikenes »

No, I don't think so. At first I wasn't sure how I would like his ability, but now it has grown on me. It's different. I like it better than Sheperdon transforming into a saber, that's for sure.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Eh I guess. I do wish he would like, NOT show up some times so we could get more Ginga seeing as the series is named after him. Wish Victory played more of a Hikari sort of role and only showed up occasionally. But oh well I guess.
Resized Image

pta917
Xilien Halfling

Post by pta917 »

But still I think that the main Ultra is still Ginga even if Victory has some spotlights.
Davros wrote:This is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of REALITY ITSELF!

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Eh, I guess. Since this series has a nack for doing stuff differently, I guess this could be the first duel Ultra series with two Ultras consistently.

BTW is there a place to go to watch all the episodes yet? Im having trouble tracking some down
Resized Image

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Tsuburaya puts up an episode a week on their official channel.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Megalon-5 wrote:Tsuburaya puts up an episode a week on their official channel.
Yeah, but then they remove it after a week.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Beef Bigshot wrote:Eh, I guess. Since this series has a nack for doing stuff differently, I guess this could be the first duel Ultra series with two Ultras consistently.

BTW is there a place to go to watch all the episodes yet? Im having trouble tracking some down
Have any of the episodes even been subbed yet?
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

So yeah…this is actually a thing.

Not sure how many of you knew about this. Hell, not even sure you wanted to know about this.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Birdman wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK_T2nn6GMA

Not sure how many of you knew about this. Hell, not even sure you wanted to know about this.
Umm...Ooookay
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Cut out the cringe worthy parts with the kids and it's not bad. It'd be cool to see an animated Ultraman show done by the team that did Transformers Prime.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by 1tisoygoji »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:Cut out the cringe worthy parts with the kids and it's not bad. It'd be cool to see an animated Ultraman show done by the team that did Transformers Prime.
I'd dig an anime adaptation of the current Ultraman Manga. It could look really sick IMO.

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

I actually saw that the week it came out lol. Another foreign Ultra that Tsuburaya's gonna forget about :P

It's okay. I kinda like the transformation sequence Ribut has of him running.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

I like the fighting scenes and the way he kills off his opponents. But everything else, from the language to those freak'n kids... :|

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

1tisoygoji wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:Cut out the cringe worthy parts with the kids and it's not bad. It'd be cool to see an animated Ultraman show done by the team that did Transformers Prime.
I'd dig an anime adaptation of the current Ultraman Manga. It could look really sick IMO.
You and me both brother.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Birdman wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK_T2nn6GMA

I could've lived without knowing about it... X_X

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Just noticed I wound up the creator of this thread. However, I came across this by accident. http://www.ultrahawaii.jp/oahu/

So Ultra Hawaii was a thing. I consider it an honor to have Mother and Father of Ultra coming to Earth to renew their vows ;) Anyone else in the mood for some vacation pictures/videos? i sure am. Very found of their visit to Haleakala National Park (?) Short Cut Link, very gorgeous view.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

lol Pretty funny. Man, those views look great!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHwHz7Fb028
New Episode! Staring Birdon!

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Yeah, I watched it a couple of days ago. I thought that Birdon was going to get more screen time and cause more damage. So now we know where the next kaiju gets the canon from...

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Man, Ginga S has been really improving over the last couple episodes. I kinda wish it was a full show now, but still, it's good to see Tsuburaya doing something that's having me want more.

I'm almost towards the end of Ultraman Leo, but man, what an odd show. It's not like odd in terms of like Ace or Taro, but just how it flip-flops so often. It can go from incredibly grim to being batshit goofy and weird, to being dark again. Like, there’s so many odd tonal shifts going on and one can tell Tsuburaya was trying EVERYTHING since Leo wasn’t as popular as previous shows. I mean, I’m really enjoying the show, but it’s an odd viewing experience.

Also, Astra is way underutilized as a character. He just shows up, helps Leo, then runs off again. They could've had a Gaia/Agul or Ginga/Victory thing going on, but it's kinda wasted.