ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
o.supreme
Futurian

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by o.supreme »

MaxRebo320 wrote:

And it's a shame people are just waiting in vain for Taiga to see an official release, since its easily my favorite New Gen. show. I'm not saying an official release is out of the question (There's a good chance Mill Creek will work something out for it), but why wait?
If anyone knows a place where I can just watch it without downloading anything from questionable websites, then I'm all for it
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

MaxRebo320 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:10 pm And it's a shame people are just waiting in vain for Taiga to see an official release, since its easily my favorite New Gen. show. I'm not saying an official release is out of the question (There's a good chance Mill Creek will work something out for it), but why wait?
Because I don't have the patience, space, or care to download it and watch it right now.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

I was contemplating sharing my folder of the Genm Corp subs with any interested users via DM but not only did I think it’d come off as weird but I remembered that file transfer sites require a fee to handle bigger downloads.

Or, I could just learn to torrent :lol:
Last edited by Millenial88 on Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I don't see what the big deal is to wait for Taiga. I got other Ultra shows to watch. Plus I got Super Sentai to watch too. I want to support Mill Creek.
Oh right and I took Hayata not remembering stuff because I thought maybe Ultraman worried he'd, I dunno, miss that power so it'd be for the best he never knew he was Ultraman.
Still that might have lead to interesting conversations.
Ide: What about this one? *Picture of Antler*
Hayata: Nope.
Ide: This one!? *Skydon*
Hayata: No. Wow he looks heavy.
Ide: Not even this? *Bullton and when Hayata shakes his head* Oh c'mon how can anyone forget Bullton!?
Last edited by daveblackeye15 on Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StreamOfKaijuness
Monarch Researcher

Post by StreamOfKaijuness »

Angilasman wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:41 pm Hideki Go is really intetesting: at the beginning it feels like they haven't really mixed. Go seems like a normal human, but occasionally calls upon the power or the abilities of Ultraman. But by the end, the personalities seem to us completely merged with Hideki calling on both sets of memories by the last episode.
Go is a fascinating protagonist. I like that they did away with the transformation device while still affirming early on that Ultraman won't allow Go to abuse his power. It's also interesting how Go's body is enhanced by merging with Ultraman. He's able to run faster, jump higher and react more acutely in his human form but he also retains the physical injuries that Ultraman sustains in battle.

MaxRebo320 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:10 pm
daveblackeye15 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:53 pmWe have Hayata with his own personality, well what little he has, then we have Ultraman and I'd say Ultraman is in charge when that form comes out.
Actually, the finale seems to imply
Spoiler:
that it has in fact been Ultraman this whole time simply wearing Hayata's body. Remember how Hayata's memories are reverted back to when his aircraft collided with the ball of light during the very first episode.
That wasn't the impression that I got from the last episode of Ultraman. I took it as a simple memory wipe. When Zoffy arrived, Ultraman was willing to die on Earth so that Hayata could continue living. He even told Zoffy that Hayata was "a wonderful human." I don't think he would have made that assessment if he had been puppeteering Hayata through the whole series.

One of Hayata's coolest moments is in episode 33, The Forbidden Words, when he mocks Alien Mefilas for trying to convince a child to sell away the planet Earth to an invader. During their dialogue, Hayata acknowledges the duality of he and Ultraman while affirming that they share a singular purpose.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Remember when I said I didn't like Leo's design? I still don't but it's not as bad as say, X or Saga. Anyways, I just found an earlier suit for Leo and I think it looks much. much, MUCH better. The only issue I have with it is that the neck is white and not red.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I guess the white on the body is alright but I'm pretty happy with Leo's design.

I kind of wish the Giras Brothers could come back.
https://ultra.fandom.com/wiki/Giras_Brothers

I like their X-Plus figures at the bottom of the page. Them being twins that when in a hug can spin around is a weird power but I like it.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

The A type costume has its charm, but taking the long view it's amazing how sleek and clean the B and C type looks were in '66 - and how they weren't able to maintain that in the '70s with less clean sculpts and always seemingly a lot of damage and repair on the Ultra costumes.

It's cool they got a lot of the human cast from Return back for an episode of Ultraman Ace, although it's slightly less impressive when you realize that show had only ended a few weeks earlier.
Spoiler:
I also liked it was a fake Hideki Go, because having them reunited so soon would have put a bit of a blotch on that wonderful farewell he gives his little brother in the last episode if Return.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:17 pm Remember when I said I didn't like Leo's design? I still don't but it's not as bad as say, X or Saga. Anyways, I just found an earlier suit for Leo and I think it looks much. much, MUCH better. The only issue I have with it is that the neck is white and not red.
Hmmm, an interesting design but personally I prefer Leo the way he is. His nearly-purely red body combined with his preference for physical and melee attacks shows he means business.

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Oh look, some delightfully cursed merchandise...

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Dino-Mario wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:01 pm Image

Oh look, some delightfully cursed merchandise...
Yes, I too want to sleep on the bumpy lap of Maizosaurus cobicus.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Working my way through Return right now, the boxer episode was really good. I enjoyed it a lot, they managed to do so much in just twenty-five minutes.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

You guys are probably tired of me posting about that certain Ultraman bootleg show but I think I may have found a picture from the first of the two stageshows Chaiyo did. The one we all know of by now, the one with Elubo and a whole bunch of kaiju from the first two Ultraman shows, was the second.

Also, here's the manga version of Mephilas. I'd honestly say this belongs with Adacic as one of my favorite redesigns of any alien in that universe.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Question: Has Anyone ever used a service called Toku on Amazon Prime? It's only a few dollars a month, and apparently I can pay for it additionally and get access to pretty much all the ultra men shows pretty conveiently. I'm just curious if anyone has used it because I'm considering it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:37 pm Question: Has Anyone ever used a service called Toku on Amazon Prime? It's only a few dollars a month, and apparently I can pay for it additionally and get access to pretty much all the ultra men shows pretty conveiently. I'm just curious if anyone has used it because I'm considering it.
I used it for Gridman mainly.
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:37 pm Question: Has Anyone ever used a service called Toku on Amazon Prime? It's only a few dollars a month, and apparently I can pay for it additionally and get access to pretty much all the ultra men shows pretty conveiently. I'm just curious if anyone has used it because I'm considering it.
The subtitles can be Engrishy and the platform in general is pretty lousy (On their streaming site, anyways), but its well-worth it to see Mirrorman, in addition to the various Ultraman shows.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I haven't had any issues with Toku been making through Cosmos bit by bit.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

For those interested, I have started a campaign to finance the remaining five episodes of Ultra Q: Dark Fantasy. I intend to pay a translator to complete it, much like the Cult Japan Subtitle Fund or the fan effort to translate the Ultra Q movie. With these last episodes translated, we will finally have every major Ultra show fully subbed!
https://www.gofundme.com/f/finish-subbi ... are-flow-1
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

MaxRebo320 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:04 pm For those interested, I have started a campaign to finance the remaining five episodes of Ultra Q: Dark Fantasy. I intend to pay a translator to complete it, much like the Cult Japan Subtitle Fund or the fan effort to translate the Ultra Q movie. With these last episodes translated, we will finally have every major Ultra show fully subbed!
https://www.gofundme.com/f/finish-subbi ... are-flow-1
Will you be providing a new download link in case the old one doesn’t work?

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Millenial88 wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:32 amWill you be providing a new download link in case the old one doesn’t work?
Are you referring to The Rubber Mantis' Dark Fantasy subs? If so, yes, I will include those. I can send a link right now, if you (and anyone else) are interested.