K.W.C.E. #39 - Godzilla (1954) vs. Insectosaurus

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

K.W.C.E. #39 - Godzilla (1954) vs. Insectosaurus

Post by KaijuX »

VS.

Arena:

Author: UltimateDitto
Word Count: 1,644 words
Posted: April 18th, 2019

---

The small population of people living on Odo Island believed in two mighty gods.

One that brought rain for their farms, brought storms to punish the island people, and ate the people as sacrifice, and one that ensured fertile land, bountiful food, and life.

--

It was a warm summer day in the year 1950, Odo Island was thriving. Vegetables and fruit grew in large quantities, and the islands people were multiplying at a steady rate. Children played games with each other as the women kept watch and prepared meals for their babies, meanwhile the men were busy fishing for food from the seas.

A middle aged man sat in his canoe as he carefully reeled his net in, catching a hefty amount of fish.

The man wiped his forehead with his forearm. “Ah, it appears that Kurira smiles down upon me.” The man happily stated as he began rowing his haul back to the island. As he contently rowed home, he began to feel the waves beneath him become more and more harsh.

Now rocking his canoe violently, the man gripped the sides to prevent himself from spilling out of his boat. He turned to see what could’ve cause the sudden change in rolling waves, as looked out, he noticed large, silvery, jagged fins rip through the water, parting the waves as they crept ever closer.

Immediately the man recognized what those fins meant and began shouting warning after warning to his fellow fishermen. “Gojira! Gojira is coming! Turn back no-” Before he could finish his sentence, he and his canoe rose hundreds of feet into the air. Soon he fell as he plummeted into the cold water. He caught a glimpse of two white eyes with black, soulless pupils. For a small moment, man and beast locked eyes, and just as fast, the moment was gone.

Godzilla, the god the islanders believed that could call upon the storms and bring judgment down on the inhabitants, let the water roll off his bumpy hide, his eyes locked onto the terrified fishermen. They all were frozen, they knew no one could outrun a god. The last thing they all saw before death, was a bright azure fire.

The island inhabitants saw him coming. They went into hiding, caves, underground tunnels, wherever they could hide in order to avoid their deity’s wrath. Mothers hushed their children, wives mourned the loss of their spouses, young men silently gave their respects to their comrades.

Godzilla reached the shores of Odo Island, the mighty behemoth marched across the warm sand, leaving footprints the size of Olympic swimming pools in the beach. The reptilian titan made his way inland, searching for something to eat.

The towering monster sniffed the air, smelling traces of the human he had come to devour upon. The people in the caves could feel the monster god's footsteps, closer and closer. It was a matter of time before they were found.

Letting out a bassy roar, Godzilla came to a halt, sniffing the air once more. This time, there was a rather different scent. Just as Godzilla had caught the scent of the unknown thing, a loud blaring roar emanated from behind a large mountain.

The ancient dinosaur felt the ground quake as he waited to see what lurked behind the mountain. Two bulbous antennae could briefly be seen before being obscured by the mountain peaks. Finally, a large form became visible. It was a giant mass of fur, with its cream colored underbelly, its face, back and legs covered in orange fur with dark spots like a ladybug, four insect arms with jagged pincers, and big round eyes.

It was the island’s other god, Insectosaurus. Although, the two lived near the island, they had managed to evade each other for years, hibernation playing a big role, now the two were finally in the same place at the same time.

The islanders watched with bated breath as their two gods began their fearsome duel.

Godzilla howled at the giant insect and charged the bug monster, slamming his bulk into Insectosaurus. The giant bug monster backed up before returning the favor, almost toppling Godzilla.

Godzilla reared his head and bit into the lower left arm of Insectosaurus, the titanic bug screeched in pain and lifted her bulky left foot and kicked Godzilla's gut, knocking the wind out of him. Godzilla backed up as he gathered his breath.

Insectosaurus, seizing the opening, shot a stream of webbing from her nostrils that coated the monster king's face. Godzilla grunted in disdain. Insectosaurus charged and bulldozed through Godzilla, toppling the saurian.

Insectosaurus began to coat Godzilla in more snot webbing until the dinosaur was pinned down, Godzilla struggled for freedom. Insectosaurus began to kick the downed Godzilla, each powerful kick awarded the colossal grub with muffled groans of pain.

Ready to finish this brawl, Insectosaurus placed her right foot on Godzilla's head, and began slowly trying to crush it underfoot. Godzilla’s mind began working up a solution, his spines flashed white as the webbing against his spines began to sizzle and char.

The colossal grub roared in glee as she could almost feel victory in her grasp. However, Godzilla stilled had one more trick up his nonexistent sleeve. White hot flames tore through the webbing and scorch the sole of Insectosaurus, forcing the fluffy insect to screech in pain and back off.

Using his powerful tail, Godzilla pushed himself upright and began spewing more white hot fire, the flames singed the fur of Insectosaurus who yelped in pain. Godzilla closed the gap and raked the belly of the massive grub, trickles of blood staining the cream colored fur. Insectosaurus roared in pain and tried using her lower pincers to batter Godzilla, but they had little effect on the beast.

Godzilla opened his maw again and began bathing Insectosaurus in atomic fire, the bug monster screeched in agony as the heat charred her colorful fur, burnt to a crisp, accompanied by a noxious odor. Insectosaurus brought up her right leg and jabbed her sharp nails into the gut of Godzilla. Forced back, Godzilla grunted as he shrugged off the pain.

The irradiated grub shot a glob of webbing that clamped shut the mouth of the saurian. Insectosaurus threw her weight into Godzilla, toppling him again. The colossal grub began to coat Godzilla again, this time the insect shot a rope like web that wrapped around the neck of Godzilla.

Slowly turning, Insectosaurus began dragging around Godzilla, uprooting trees and grass. The saurian groaned in pain as his body tore through the ground. Insectosaurus cocked her head upward and managed to barely fling Godzilla into a mountain side, rock and dirt tumbling down and nearly burying the saurian.

Godzilla pulled himself out of the rubble, boulders tumbled down his jagged spines. Insectosaurus marched over to Godzilla and stared the smaller monster down, throwing her head down and gnawed into Godzilla's shoulder. The large incisors pierced the scaly hide of Godzilla, who howled in pain.

Insectosaurus lifted her head and gradually raised Godzilla up, and then the bug monster thrust her head to the right and sent Godzilla tumbling along the ground. Godzilla got back to his feet, spines flickering white as he snarled at Insectosaurus.

Godzilla marched and let out a stream of atomic fire, once again singing the fur of Insectosaurus, who yelped in pain as she backed up. Godzilla, not letting up, continued to bathe the grub in fire, until the oversized bug toppled backwards. Rock and sand shot into the sky as the two made way to the opposite side of the island.

The sea began to stir when the two giants’ quaking footsteps disrupted the peace. Insectosaurus tried to get back up, but Godzilla kept the fire coming. The once orange and cream grub was now mostly black with shriveled fur. Smoke rose from the burnt monster, it hurt just to move.

Godzilla turned and smacked Insectosaurus in the face with his tail, forcing the insect to roll and screech in pain. Insectosaurus hoisted herself up and groggily stared at the saurian, struggling to stand. Godzilla snarled, ready to finish the fight for good.

Godzilla marched forward. As he moved in closer, Godzilla looked up and stared at the grub, he stopped. Godzilla peered into the eyes of Insectosaurus, he could see her pain, it seemed familiar; the realization dawned on Godzilla.

The duo were not the gods like the people of Odo Island believed, no, they were victims. Victims of a new and dangerous weapon, the atomic bomb. Their lives changed forever after that fateful event. They had become monsters. As Godzilla understood this, another thought occurred; why bother killing this poor soul, when he could bring his wrath upon the beings that wronged him?

The irradiated dinosaur roared at Insectosaurus. Before heading out to sea, there lied a place where he could hit those awful beings where it hurt, and bring them to justice. Insectosaurus watched as Godzilla slowly descended into cool water, disappearing from sight. The massive grub understood why she had been spared; however, she needed to heal before she could go to the mysterious new world.

Insectosaurus, going her own way, dipped into the water and disappeared as well, leaving her island home to find peace elsewhere.

--

The man who came face to face with Godzilla awoke in his bed; he clutched his head as rose up.

“What happened? How is the rest of the village?” The man asked. The man’s wife entered the room and explained everything to her husband.

The man rose as he looked at his window, the ocean waves lightly battered the beach as the crisp air rustled the palm trees.

“So that’s what happened? Perhaps we can truly live in peace now.” The man stated as he combed his hand through his hair, sighing in relief.
Spoiler:
DRAW:
Godzilla (1954), Insectosaurus
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Re: K.W.C.E. #41 - Godzilla (1954) vs. Insectosaurus

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

A really fun match! Great to see Insectosaurus finally get a chance to shine. Though I would muse that just because
Spoiler:
Godzilla didn't kill Insectosaurus doesn't mean he didn't win. He was very clearly about to finish her off but decided to spare her. That's still a victory.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I did not see that ending coming! That was very well done!

Although, if I did have to nitpick a tiny bit, I would say that Godzilla never eats people. Originally that WAS an early concept, but it was scrapped.

But then again, like I said, that’s just me being a nitpicky *skreeeonk*hole.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:A really fun match! Great to see Insectosaurus finally get a chance to shine. Though I would muse that just because
Spoiler:
Godzilla didn't kill Insectosaurus doesn't mean he didn't win. He was very clearly about to finish her off but decided to spare her. That's still a victory.
I understand, though that's what was on there when I got it. You'll have to take it up to the writer this time. :lol:
ShinGojira14 wrote:Although, if I did have to nitpick a tiny bit, I would say that Godzilla never eats people. Originally that WAS an early concept, but it was scrapped.
Consider it a reference! ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

KaijuX wrote:
TitanoGoji16 wrote:A really fun match! Great to see Insectosaurus finally get a chance to shine. Though I would muse that just because
Spoiler:
I understand, though that's what was on there when I got it. You'll have to take it up to the writer this time. :lol:
I genuinely don't remember ending the match in a draw. :P
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

KaijuX wrote:
Spoiler:
ShinGojira14 wrote:Although, if I did have to nitpick a tiny bit, I would say that Godzilla never eats people. Originally that WAS an early concept, but it was scrapped.
Consider it a reference! ;)
I will consider that. :D
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Spoiler:
The way this story ended doesn't make a lick of sense (how does Godzilla know anything about humanity other than the bare minimum of what a human is?)
Otherwise, this was pretty good.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.