K.W.C.E. #21 - Mothra Leo vs. Kumonga (Millennium)

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

K.W.C.E. #21 - Mothra Leo vs. Kumonga (Millennium)

Postby KaijuX » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:47 am

VS.

Arena:

Author: UltimateDitto
Word Count: 1,334 words
Posted: June 20th, 2018

---

Mothra Leo made his way through the ocean waves as his head bobbed up and down. He was sure that the three headed demon was not following. It would have made its presence known a long time ago. Righteous anger coursed through his young larval body, with a large island coming into view. Leo prepared himself for the next stage of his life. Leo inched his way through the lush foliage of the island when he spotted a gorgeous tree in the distance. He crawled toward it, deciding to use it as his resting area and laid against it.

It wasn’t long until Leo noticed thin yellow silk strands running along the right side of the bark. Not too soon after this discovery, a loud chirping was heard echoing throughout the ancient forest. Looking around, Leo noticed the large eight legged arachnid with eight round ocean blue eyes. Carefully maneuvering along its horizontal web, Kumonga watched Leo with intense eyes, drooling at the sight of its next meal. The giant spider kaiju continued its chirps and slowly closed in on the young Mothra. Leo slithered down the tree and answered the super arachnid’s chirps with his own, warning the foul creature to stand down. Not interested in small talk, Kumonga leapt a terrifying distance and land only a few hundred meters away from Leo. Backing up, Leo shift into a defensive position. He was not in the mood to fight this creature. He had to avenge his mother, which meant killing Desghidorah, and this brute was not about to deny him of that.

Mothra Leo fired strands of white silk that covered Kumonga. This wouldn't bother the spider; however, Leo’s webbing conducted energy. Kumonga chirped in pain as volts of energy continued to sting its body. Leaping high, Kumonga planned to crush Leo and devour him. The son of Mothra prepared, lifting his body and fired his Mega Breast Cannon. It scored a direct hit the underbelly of Kumonga at full force. The arachnid was sent flying out of the sky, crashing into the forest below, its underbelly smoldering from the unexpected attack. It would seem its prey was not so ordinary.

Flipping itself over, Kumonga fired its own webbing. Although its silk could not conduct energy, its webbing was also unorthodox among silk-wielders. Spitting a thick rope of web over its prey, the yellow webbing transformed into a net and successfully ensnared Mothra Leo. Chirping in frustration, his body began sticking to the trees and ground below.

Creeping up on the larva, Kumonga chirped as it raised its body up in an attempt to impale Leo with its sharp legs. Once again not allowing himself to fall, Mothra Leo fired his stinging webs that cling to the underside of the spider, some strands of silk forcing the arachnids legs to become glued together. Stinging sensations cloud the spider’s mind as once again, its body is ravaged by the energized silk. Raising his body as high as he could, Mothra Leo fired his Mega Breast Cannon once again, creating a small ravine as the blast carved through the ground. Kumonga leapt into the sky once again, but is unable to dodge the blast, with its middle left legs blown off with ease! The two glued legs fell to the ground with a thud as Kumonga chirped wildly, blue blood spraying from the two stumps on its articulated legs. Landing back to the ground, Kumonga was caught off guard as Leo leapt toward Kumonga and successfully headbutt the arthropod right in the face. Staggering back, it is once again bombarded with energized silk, screeching in pain as its exoskeleton slowly charred.

Kumonga used its long front limbs to swat Leo away, sending him crashing into the ground with an explosion of dirt and trees. Using the cloud of dust to his advantage, the young Mothra used his superior camouflage to maneuver around the giant arachnid. Kumonga crawled closer to the impact site, failing to notice the larva had sneaked around it. Once it reached the impact zone, it found nothing but dust, oblivious to Mothra Leo charging up his Mega Breast Cannon. Firing and striking the arachnid’s abdomen, Kumonga was sent skidding across the forest, tearing up everything in range like a living bulldozer. Chirping with glee, Leo began making his way to Kumonga, wanting to at least drive the pest off.

Kumonga groggily got up and heard the sound of rustling from behind. It turned to face the source of the noise, only to find nothing. At this point, Kumonga wasn't sure whether to consider this larva prey anymore. Part of that attributed to that it couldn’t see its prey. Under the veil of camouflage, Mothra Leo pushed his larval body to maximum speed, kicking up dust in the charge. Kumonga limped back in surprise to see Leo’s activities, but not the caterpillar himself, gaining momentum by the second. Kumonga was baffled at the sight and was struck by the protector head on. The two stumbled along the ground until they come to a stop. Getting up, both insects looked at each other, with all eight of Kumonga’s simple eyes fueled with resentment. Leo, likewise, was frustrated at this creature’s persistence and ignorance of his duties.

Kumonga jumped and fired its yellow net webbing. Unable to move fast enough, Leo was trapped in the webbing. His earlier battle with Desghidorah had been taking its toll on the premature hero. Attempting to break free, Leo once again uses his Mega Breast Cannon, albeit much weaker than before. Incinerating the webbing covering the front of his body, he used his camouflage and once again disappeared along the forest, moving to a safe distance. Leo fired his stinging webs, only for Kumonga to detect the sound of the all too familiar noise of free falling silk. It immediately leapt forward, barely avoiding the stinging silk. Kumonga’s legs almost gave out upon landing, but it persevered, turning slowly to face its aggressor. Kumonga realized that now would be a good time to bring out its trump card.

The giant spider once again fired its webbing and pinned Leo to the ground. The young Mothra found more and more difficulty to raise his body to use his deadliest weapon. Spitting another net of webbing, nearly obscuring Leo’s whole body, Kumonga swiftly closed the gap by leaping practically in front of the squirming larva. Kumonga leaned its ugly head close to Leo and opened its mandibles. A venomous needle from the recesses of its mandibles into Leo’s left side. The sudden jolt of pain gave Leo strength needed tear out of the silk and lie on his side. He mustered all he could into one last Mega Buster Cannon, point blank at Kumonga! The arachnid once again careened across the foliage, landing with an awful thud. Mothra Leo desperately tried to crawl away, but only managed to move a mere couple meters before his movement stopped entirely, losing all feeling in his body as his innards slowly reduced to soup. Kumonga, getting up again, limped slowly toward its motionless enemy, not taking any chances. The spider clamped its mandibles against the deceased worm and slurped the contents of the young Mothra contently. Leo’s eyes completely dimmed as his godly life force was stolen from him. Kumonga enveloped Leo’s corpse with its legs and brought it closer as the gargantuan arachnid finished its meal.

Elsewhere, Moll and Lora bowed their heads as they held each other's hands, tears rolling down their cheeks as they mourned the loss of their friend and child. They knew that another monster would rise up to take Leo’s place and destroy Desghidorah one day, but until then, the three headed terror was allowed to cause as much damage to the planet as it craved. Desghidorah, cackling with evil, finished sucking the life out of Hokkaido, two terrible wings sprouting from the black dragon's back. Taking to the sky, Desghidorah searched for a more suitable feeding ground.

Spoiler:
WINNER:
Kumonga (Millennium)
Last edited by KaijuX on Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
TK's Resident Wumbo
UltimateDitto wrote:^ Ya gotta have muscles on your eyeballs!

Birdman wrote:It's actually happening, isn't it?

GVJ is finally getting a promotion.

"If you can't take the edge, that's okay." -KaijuX

Venom 2009
Interpol Agent

Re: K.W.C.E. #21 - Mothra Leo vs. Kumonga (Millennium)

Postby Venom 2009 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:42 am

I like the match! :D

Spoiler:
If you read KWC Match 229, then you know June 20th isn’t a good day for good monsters.
:muto:

fanofstuff
Samurai

Postby fanofstuff » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:45 am

Short, simple, fun, enjoyable. That's how I'd describe this match.
Spoiler:
Shame about the whole "baby dying" thing, but hey, nature is hell.
Last edited by fanofstuff on Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soulgodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby soulgodzilla » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:08 pm

It’s a nice little match.
Spoiler:
Nice to see Mothra Leo lose to a monster that nobody would expect to win.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Grasper

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:16 am

Nice match. Interesting to see Kumonga 2004 and great to finally see a Mothra larva.

Spoiler:
I really hope this isn't the start of a losing streak like his mom for Leo.

#MinillaForSmash2018

soulgodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby soulgodzilla » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:52 am

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Nice match. Interesting to see Kumonga 2004 and great to finally see a Mothra larva.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Considering how Mothra Leo has so many verities of his powers, I think its safe to say that Mothra Leo would likely get a win next time.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

fanofstuff
Samurai

Postby fanofstuff » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:55 pm

soulgodzilla wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Nice match. Interesting to see Kumonga 2004 and great to finally see a Mothra larva.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Considering how Mothra Leo has so many verities of his powers, I think its safe to say that Mothra Leo would likely get a win next time.

Spoiler:
You say that, but fun fact, Mothra Leo has yet to have a single victory on his own in the KWC or KWCE. All his wins were when he was with others and all his 1v1 matches have him losing.

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Grasper

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:01 pm

fanofstuff wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
You say that, but fun fact, Mothra Leo has yet to have a single victory on his own in the KWC or KWCE. All his wins were when he was with others and all his 1v1 matches have him losing.

Jesus, what does the KWC have against
Spoiler:
Mothra?
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#MinillaForSmash2018

GodzillavsRayquaza
Futurian

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:22 pm

fanofstuff wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Well, he’s only had two 1v1 matches so far, and he’s not got a lot of matches in general.

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Jesus, what does the KWC have against Mothra?

Leo is rarely used in the KWC, but as for regular Mothra? No real idea. She dies a lot in the movies, I guess, but that usually doesn’t stick. Most of her losses came from the early days of the KWC, where there admittedly wasn’t a whole lot of creativity, so most people just went off of what they saw in the movies. That and just the general perspective of the fandom that Mothra is weak and pathetic.

Anyway, the match was good. Nice and simple, cool seeing a Larval Mothra in a fight.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:I just write because i go "Wow that would be fucken cool, dinosors punching the poop out of eachother"

King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:36 pm

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Leo is rarely used in the KWC, but as for regular Mothra? No real idea. She dies a lot in the movies, I guess, but that usually doesn’t stick. Most of her losses came from the early days of the KWC, where there admittedly wasn’t a whole lot of creativity, so most people just went off of what they saw in the movies. That and just the general perspective of the fandom that Mothra is weak and pathetic.

Anyway, the match was good. Nice and simple, cool seeing a Larval Mothra in a fight.

I know its up to the writer but I thought it was kind of ridiculous she lost to Anguirus in #88. I mean really losing to the Yamcha of Kaijus? What all because "Anguirus never gives up! He has heart!". I mean one has versatile abilities like antennae beams, while the other is just an tooth-n-claw fighter.

I felt she should had won that fight.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Postby UltimateDitto » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:22 pm

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Leo is rarely used in the KWC, but as for regular Mothra? No real idea. She dies a lot in the movies, I guess, but that usually doesn’t stick. Most of her losses came from the early days of the KWC, where there admittedly wasn’t a whole lot of creativity, so most people just went off of what they saw in the movies. That and just the general perspective of the fandom that Mothra is weak and pathetic.

I know its up to the writer but I thought it was kind of ridiculous she lost to Anguirus in #88. I mean really losing to the Yamcha of Kaijus? What all because "Anguirus never gives up! He has heart!". I mean one has versatile abilities like antennae beams, while the other is just an tooth-n-claw fighter.

I felt she should had won that fight.

Woah woah woah...WOAH. Anguirus is more like Krillin than Yamcho. :lol:
*MechaGoji Bro7503's Mile high quote*

"Did you really just quote ALL of that, JUST to say you didn't know there was a Lion King end credit scene ?" - Lain of The Wired
Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:25 pm

UltimateDitto wrote:Woah woah woah...WOAH. Anguirus is more like Krillin than Yamcho. :lol:

The way I see it. They're both pretty much the same really.

soulgodzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby soulgodzilla » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:52 am

fanofstuff wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Perhaps I should fix that, once I could come up with a Mothra Leo match.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

HillyHulk
Yin-Yang Master

Postby HillyHulk » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:45 pm

Spoiler:
Well, the world is screwed. Thanks, Kumonga.

Short, enjoyable match.
8-) ... because I can.

fanofstuff
Samurai

Postby fanofstuff » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:41 pm

HillyHulk wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Nah, it'll be fine, Kumonga is just gonna have to kick more ass.

HillyHulk
Yin-Yang Master

Postby HillyHulk » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:04 pm

fanofstuff wrote:
HillyHulk wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Nah, it'll be fine, Kumonga is just gonna have to kick more ass.

Spoiler:
:lol: Yeah, good luck fighting an ancient powerful dragon. I'm sure it'll go swimmingly.
8-) ... because I can.

Return to “K.W.C.E. (Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded)”