KWCE Match Trivia

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
User avatar
GodzillavsRayquaza
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2429
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:39 pm

KWCE Match Trivia

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:09 pm

Same as the thread in the main KWC forum, post neat little facts about matches you’ve written.

I’ll come back later when i’ve remembered more stuff, but here’s one for now.

- The detail of Orochi being awoken by a cult was partially inspired by the fanfic Godzilla vs Cthulhu by C.L. Werner. I had read the story recently, and even though Cthulhu already had a cult in the original novel, I liked the idea of cults and kaiju mixing.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.


SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Man, I can't believe this series that started as a condemnation of nuclear weapons, Cold War arm races and called for humanity coming together MIGHT DARE TO BE (le gasp) political

User avatar
UltimateDitto
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2051
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: KWCE Match Trivia

Postby UltimateDitto » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:08 am

Match 15 - Written during a midnight trip from San Antonio to New Orleans.

- One of my earlier matches, and it shows. :lol:
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

User avatar
GodzillavsRayquaza
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2429
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: KWCE Match Trivia

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:54 pm

Legendary Godzilla was originally going to be much more antagonistic and mean-spirited in Godzilla (Showa) vs Godzilla (Legendary). He would have had an attitude of strength is what matters above all else, shaped by an encounter he had with an older member of his species millions of years ago which would have slowly been revealed over the course of the match.

To abridge things, Legendary Godzilla as a young adult ventured out to claim his own territory, only to end up in a territory dispute with a fully grown Godzilla (implied to be Adam, or Dagon as he’s apparently called now). Legendary Godzilla would have gotten his poop kicked in, only for a pair of MUTOs to arrive and attack the two, allowing LPG to escape as they murder Adam (keep in mind I wrote the match before Aftershock).

However, I couldn’t figure out a way to properly wrap that up in a way that still fit the match, and I discovered the match was way better paced without all of this. And also in hindsight, it would have been real out of character for Legendary Godzilla, so overall, I think I made a good choice in scrapping it.
King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.


SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Man, I can't believe this series that started as a condemnation of nuclear weapons, Cold War arm races and called for humanity coming together MIGHT DARE TO BE (le gasp) political

kaijufanforever
Interpol Agent
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:14 am

Re: KWCE Match Trivia

Postby kaijufanforever » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:27 pm

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Legendary Godzilla was originally going to be much more antagonistic and mean-spirited in Godzilla (Showa) vs Godzilla (Legendary). He would have had an attitude of strength is what matters above all else, shaped by an encounter he had with an older member of his species millions of years ago which would have slowly been revealed over the course of the match.

To abridge things, Legendary Godzilla as a young adult ventured out to claim his own territory, only to end up in a territory dispute with a fully grown Godzilla (implied to be Adam, or Dagon as he’s apparently called now). Legendary Godzilla would have gotten his poop kicked in, only for a pair of MUTOs to arrive and attack the two, allowing LPG to escape as they murder Adam (keep in mind I wrote the match before Aftershock).

However, I couldn’t figure out a way to properly wrap that up in a way that still fit the match, and I discovered the match was way better paced without all of this. And also in hindsight, it would have been real out of character for Legendary Godzilla, so overall, I think I made a good choice in scrapping it.

that was an interesting idea. I feel like the only way Dagon would get in is in the form of a skin

Online
User avatar
Gigantis
Kwaidan
Posts: 6121
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Nebula of the Orion

Re: KWCE Match Trivia

Postby Gigantis » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:50 am

Godzillasaurus vs. Gorosaurus Round 2 is to the original match what Godzilla vs. Kong is to the 62 film. First one ended in a draw,and this is the definitive winner! Of course i'm not gonna spoil who wins though. ;)
Image

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3811
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: KWCE Match Trivia

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:38 am

tyrantgoji wrote:Godzillasaurus vs. Gorosaurus Round 2 is to the original match what Godzilla vs. Kong is to the 62 film. First one ended in a draw,and this is the definitive winner! Of course i'm not gonna spoil who wins though. ;)


62 had a definitive winner too, though.
Image

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.


fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?

User avatar
GodzillavsRayquaza
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2429
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: KWCE Match Trivia

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:15 pm

Trivia for Match 54
Spoiler:
The Eleking-Neronga combination attack at the end of match 54 actually already existed in the Ultra franchise. I saw that Neronga and Eleking had a combo attack in “Ultra Monsters” (which I assume is an arcade game of some kind, cannot find any information on it anywhere) when I looked at the former’s page on the Ultra Wiki, and that’s what convinced me to write the match.
King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.


SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Man, I can't believe this series that started as a condemnation of nuclear weapons, Cold War arm races and called for humanity coming together MIGHT DARE TO BE (le gasp) political

Online
User avatar
Gigantis
Kwaidan
Posts: 6121
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Nebula of the Orion

Re: KWCE Match Trivia

Postby Gigantis » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:20 am

Alright so Match 53 actually had a couple different endings planned. My first one was having all three of the Guardian Monsters win and stop Godzilla but i figured the story needed some tragedy, so i decided to let one of them die in a sacrifice. Then, rewatching GMK made me realized that "Oh yeaaah, Baragon's ghost can power them up!" so i let it be him to bit the dust... or atomic ray in this case.

The arena went through a couple of changes as well. I already said i almost accidentally set it in Hong Kong, but once it moved to Japan it switched rapidly. First it was Mount Fuji but i thought it would be too similar to Match 12. Then i moved it to Tokyo but i thought that was overdone, so then i set in Yokohama because it only appeared in one other match and as reference to the actual film.
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

kaijufanforever
Interpol Agent
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:14 am

Re: KWCE Match Trivia

Postby kaijufanforever » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:21 am

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Trivia for Match 54
Spoiler:
The Eleking-Neronga combination attack at the end of match 54 actually already existed in the Ultra franchise. I saw that Neronga and Eleking had a combo attack in “Ultra Monsters” (which I assume is an arcade game of some kind, cannot find any information on it anywhere) when I looked at the former’s page on the Ultra Wiki, and that’s what convinced me to write the match.

the game is Ultra Monster Colosseum(I think) and is a Wii game

User avatar
GodzillavsRayquaza
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2429
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: KWCE Match Trivia

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:38 am

kaijufanforever wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Trivia for Match 54
Spoiler:
The Eleking-Neronga combination attack at the end of match 54 actually already existed in the Ultra franchise. I saw that Neronga and Eleking had a combo attack in “Ultra Monsters” (which I assume is an arcade game of some kind, cannot find any information on it anywhere) when I looked at the former’s page on the Ultra Wiki, and that’s what convinced me to write the match.

the game is Ultra Monster Colosseum(I think) and is a Wii game

It turns out it was actually an arcade game released around the time of the Ultra Galaxy movie.
King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.


SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Man, I can't believe this series that started as a condemnation of nuclear weapons, Cold War arm races and called for humanity coming together MIGHT DARE TO BE (le gasp) political

kaijufanforever
Interpol Agent
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:14 am

Re: KWCE Match Trivia

Postby kaijufanforever » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:40 am

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
kaijufanforever wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Trivia for Match 54
Spoiler:
The Eleking-Neronga combination attack at the end of match 54 actually already existed in the Ultra franchise. I saw that Neronga and Eleking had a combo attack in “Ultra Monsters” (which I assume is an arcade game of some kind, cannot find any information on it anywhere) when I looked at the former’s page on the Ultra Wiki, and that’s what convinced me to write the match.

the game is Ultra Monster Colosseum(I think) and is a Wii game

It turns out it was actually an arcade game released around the time of the Ultra Galaxy movie.

Oh, ok, I haven't been on it's wiki page in a while, sorry

User avatar
GodzillavsRayquaza
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2429
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: KWCE Match Trivia

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:45 am

kaijufanforever wrote:Oh, ok, I haven't been on it's wiki page in a while, sorry

It’s all good, no need to apologize.
King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.


SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Man, I can't believe this series that started as a condemnation of nuclear weapons, Cold War arm races and called for humanity coming together MIGHT DARE TO BE (le gasp) political


Return to “K.W.C.E. (Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest