KWCE Match Trivia

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Futurian

KWCE Match Trivia

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:09 pm

Same as the thread in the main KWC forum, post neat little facts about matches you’ve written.

I’ll come back later when i’ve remembered more stuff, but here’s one for now.

- The detail of Orochi being awoken by a cult was partially inspired by the fanfic Godzilla vs Cthulhu by C.L. Werner. I had read the story recently, and even though Cthulhu already had a cult in the original novel, I liked the idea of cults and kaiju mixing.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Man, I can't believe this series that started as a condemnation of nuclear weapons, Cold War arm races and called for humanity coming together MIGHT DARE TO BE (le gasp) political

UltimateDitto
Futurian

Re: KWCE Match Trivia

Postby UltimateDitto » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:08 am

Match 15 - Written during a midnight trip from San Antonio to New Orleans.

- One of my earlier matches, and it shows. :lol:
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Futurian

Postby GodzillavsRayquaza » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:54 pm

Legendary Godzilla was originally going to be much more antagonistic and mean-spirited in Godzilla (Showa) vs Godzilla (Legendary). He would have had an attitude of strength is what matters above all else, shaped by an encounter he had with an older member of his species millions of years ago which would have slowly been revealed over the course of the match.

To abridge things, Legendary Godzilla as a young adult ventured out to claim his own territory, only to end up in a territory dispute with a fully grown Godzilla (implied to be Adam, or Dagon as he’s apparently called now). Legendary Godzilla would have gotten his poop kicked in, only for a pair of MUTOs to arrive and attack the two, allowing LPG to escape as they murder Adam (keep in mind I wrote the match before Aftershock).

However, I couldn’t figure out a way to properly wrap that up in a way that still fit the match, and I discovered the match was way better paced without all of this. And also in hindsight, it would have been real out of character for Legendary Godzilla, so overall, I think I made a good choice in scrapping it.
King of the Monsters wrote:You guys, this Godzilla was clearly the next GINO from the point its silhouette was revealed on that poster and it wasn't just the Heisei Godzilla. Any true fan would feel the same way.

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Man, I can't believe this series that started as a condemnation of nuclear weapons, Cold War arm races and called for humanity coming together MIGHT DARE TO BE (le gasp) political

kaijufanforever
Yin-Yang Master

Postby kaijufanforever » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:27 pm

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Legendary Godzilla was originally going to be much more antagonistic and mean-spirited in Godzilla (Showa) vs Godzilla (Legendary). He would have had an attitude of strength is what matters above all else, shaped by an encounter he had with an older member of his species millions of years ago which would have slowly been revealed over the course of the match.

To abridge things, Legendary Godzilla as a young adult ventured out to claim his own territory, only to end up in a territory dispute with a fully grown Godzilla (implied to be Adam, or Dagon as he’s apparently called now). Legendary Godzilla would have gotten his poop kicked in, only for a pair of MUTOs to arrive and attack the two, allowing LPG to escape as they murder Adam (keep in mind I wrote the match before Aftershock).

However, I couldn’t figure out a way to properly wrap that up in a way that still fit the match, and I discovered the match was way better paced without all of this. And also in hindsight, it would have been real out of character for Legendary Godzilla, so overall, I think I made a good choice in scrapping it.

that was an interesting idea. I feel like the only way Dagon would get in is in the form of a skin

tyrantgoji
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby tyrantgoji » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:50 am

Godzillasaurus vs. Gorosaurus Round 2 is to the original match what Godzilla vs. Kong is to the 62 film. First one ended in a draw,and this is the definitive winner! Of course i'm not gonna spoil who wins though. ;)

SoggyNoodles2016
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:38 am

tyrantgoji wrote:Godzillasaurus vs. Gorosaurus Round 2 is to the original match what Godzilla vs. Kong is to the 62 film. First one ended in a draw,and this is the definitive winner! Of course i'm not gonna spoil who wins though. ;)

62 had a definitive winner too, though.

#MinillaForSmash2019

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.

Return to “K.W.C.E. (Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded)”