K.W.C.E. - Writer Assistance Thread

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: K.W.C.E. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

What are the limits on Monsterverse King Ghidorah’s alpha call when it comes to monsters from other franchises?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:What are the limits on Monsterverse King Ghidorah’s alpha call when it comes to monsters from other franchises?
I would imagine something similar to the movies. As in, bigger monsters shouldn't really be affected because they're also the "Alpha".

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:What are the limits on Monsterverse King Ghidorah’s alpha call when it comes to monsters from other franchises?
I'd say whoever. Generally, those that are seen as true guardians (like the Gameras) or top-tier evildoers (Belial) would probably be unaffected, but if they're more instinctual monsters (regardless of allegiance), I can see them submitting to Ghidorah. That said, that is entirely left to your imagination / the plot of who gets affected by what. ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

What weapons/utilities can Ultraman Boy be equipped with to give him a slight edge in battle?
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

what kaiju outside the traditional KWC roster would work as a water god? So like no Kashin Muba or Manda?

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:what kaiju outside the traditional KWC roster would work as a water god? So like no Kashin Muba or Manda?
Kyogre.
Ceadeus could work.
Reiga
Perfect Chaos
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:what kaiju outside the traditional KWC roster would work as a water god? So like no Kashin Muba or Manda?
Kyogre.
Ceadeus could work.
Reiga
Perfect Chaos
Torrentula
Majappa
Mogilos
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Thanks for the suggestions!

On that same note, any suggestions for a "fire god" kaiju? Can be anyone but Kumasogami. (he works as a fire god, just not the story role I have)

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Thanks for the suggestions!

On that same note, any suggestions for a "fire god" kaiju? Can be anyone but Kumasogami. (he works as a fire god, just not the story role I have)
Igno
Dire Miralis
King Mogaru
Crimson Fatalis
Diablo
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWCE Administrator

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

-Agamo
-Magmo
-Gigantis
-Groudon
-GMK Baragon
-Pyros the Lava titan
-Urogora
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

The best idea I would have is Surtur while a few others are Ceaseless Discharge, Raptros, Legendary Rodan, and Pyros.

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

I need someone to go over a final draft of a match.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

kingkevzilla88 wrote:I need someone to go over a final draft of a match.
PM it to me and I'll take a look.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Do we have any monster reps for Power Rangers Zeo on the roster?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Birdman wrote:Do we have any monster reps for Power Rangers Zeo on the roster?
Staroid
KWCE Administrator

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
Birdman wrote:Do we have any monster reps for Power Rangers Zeo on the roster?
Staroid
Really? Only one?

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Birdman wrote:Really? Only one?
The trouble with Zeo/Turbo/In Space is that their monsters of the week aren't quite as iconic as Mighty Morphin's. I gave Turbo a few good kaiju-y monsters to use (Maligore, Metallosaurus, Goldgoyle), but there weren't a lot of similar options for Zeo. I figured Staroid worked best as he was A) permanently giant and 2) the first monster of the season, so he was "important." I might've thrown in guys like Silo or Punch-A-Bunch, but at that point we were reaching the limit for PR combatants and I thought other characters had higher priority.

That having been said though, there should be one more Zeo monster coming... At some point.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

AbsoluteHerasy
Yojimbo

Post by AbsoluteHerasy »

Because Tiamat seems to be a mixture between her 5e and pathfinder incarnations, I had a couple questions about her powers
- What spells is she able to cast as an "expert spell-caster"?
- What does her "Divine Aura" do?
- To what extend can she control her realm?
I'm asking because I've got an idea for a fight with Tiamat against kaiju modeled off of classic d&d classes: Ultraman Jack (Fighter), Mothra Leo (Wizard), Nemesis (Cleric), and Shiigan (Rogue)
Spoiler:
Fun quotes from some d&d insanity:
"Wait, does taking loads of drugs and meditating for an hour count as scientific evidence?"
"There's chicken pot pie everywhere."
"Sorry, I meant to fluff your pillow- with my fist."
“I don’t think you know how funerals work.”

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

AbsoluteHerasy wrote:Because Tiamat seems to be a mixture between her 5e and pathfinder incarnations, I had a couple questions about her powers
- What spells is she able to cast as an "expert spell-caster"?
- What does her "Divine Aura" do?
- To what extend can she control her realm?
I'm asking because I've got an idea for a fight with Tiamat against kaiju modeled off of classic d&d classes: Ultraman Jack (Fighter), Mothra Leo (Wizard), Nemesis (Cleric), and Shiigan (Rogue)
So, “expert spell-caster” was just a thing I put on her card because I could not find out what spells she actually had access to. I will fix this and update the card to be more accurate.
“ A deity can use any domain spell it can grant as a spell-like ability at will.”
“ A deity automatically grants spells and domain powers to mortal divine spellcasters who pray to it. Most deities can grant spells from the cleric spell list, the ranger spell list, and from three or more domains.”
(So, just go with Tiamat’s domains which can be found here here, and what spells those have, and she can cast them).
I’m going to be doing some major copy and pasting from this source to answer your questions.
Spoiler:
Divine Aura:
“ The mere presence of a deity of rank 1 or higher can deeply affect mortals and beings of lower divine rank. All divine aura effects are mind-affecting, extraordinary abilities. Mortals and other deities of lower rank can resist the aura’s effects with successful Will saves; the DC is 10 + the deity’s rank + the deity’s Charisma modifier. Deities are immune to the auras of deities of equal or lower rank. Any being who makes a successful saving throw against a deity’s aura power becomes immune to that deity’s aura power for one day. Divine aura is an emanation that extends around the deity in a radius whose size is a function of divine rank. The deity chooses the size of the radius and can change it as a free action. If the deity chooses a radius of 0 feet, its aura power effectively becomes non-functional.

The deity can make its own worshipers, beings of its alignment, or both types of individuals immune to the effect as a free action. The immunity lasts one day or until the deity dismisses it. Once affected by an aura power, creatures remain affected as long as they remain within the aura’s radius. The deity can choose from the following effects each round as a free action.

Daze
Affected beings just stare at the deity in fascination. They can defend themselves normally but can take no actions.

Fright
Affected beings become shaken and suffer a -2 morale penalty on attack rolls, saves, and checks. The merest glance or gesture from the deity makes them frightened, and they flee as quickly as they can, although they can choose the path of their flight.

Resolve
The deity’s allies receive a +4 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and checks, while the deity’s foes receive a -4 morale penalty on attack rolls, saves, and checks.”

Realm: (Tiamat is a lesser deity, so all of this applies to her) “ Within this area, the deity can set any temperature that is normal for the plane where the realm is located (for the Material Plane, any temperature from -20ºF to 120ºF), and fill the area with scents and sounds as the deity sees fit. Sounds can be no louder than one hundred humans could make, but not intelligible speech or harmful sound. The deity’s ability to create scents is similar. Deities of rank 6 or higher can create the sounds of intelligible speech. A demigod or lesser deity can erect buildings and alter the landscape, but must do so through its own labor, through magic, or through its divine powers. A deity of rank 6 or higher not only has control over the environment, but also controls links to the Astral Plane. Manipulating a realm’s astral links renders teleportation and similar effects useless within the realm. The deity can designate certain locales within the realm where astral links remain intact. Likewise, the deity can block off the realm from planar portals or designate locations where portals are possible”
Hope this was helpful enough, I’ll be happy to help with further questions.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KWCE Administrator

AbsoluteHerasy
Yojimbo

Post by AbsoluteHerasy »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:A plethora of helpful information
Thanks so much, this is all perfect, especially the realm stuff (I'm surprised I couldn't find it when I was looking stuff up earlier)
I will update if I have more questions when developing my ideas
Last edited by AbsoluteHerasy on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Fun quotes from some d&d insanity:
"Wait, does taking loads of drugs and meditating for an hour count as scientific evidence?"
"There's chicken pot pie everywhere."
"Sorry, I meant to fluff your pillow- with my fist."
“I don’t think you know how funerals work.”