The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
User avatar
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 5708
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Godzilla Earth
Contact:

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby KaijuX » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:32 am

godjacob wrote:So random question, does Ghost Godzilla have a "physical" form or something? Like is there a way to hurt it or does it have to possess another Kaiju in order for someone to fight it?

He can be fought when possessing someone, but he can also be exorcised. Likewise, Crystal Godzilla is a physical reincarnation, and once he's beaten there, his bio-energy will dissipate with it.

Added in 12 days 22 hours 30 minutes 11 seconds:
New KWCE! ;)
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=29964&p=1761724
KWC Staff... And Resident Wumbo.
UltimateDitto wrote:^ Ya gotta have muscles on your eyeballs!

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Orochi’s thiccness cannot properly be contained by one match

User avatar
Gigantis
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6548
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Nebula of the Orion

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby Gigantis » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:46 pm

Okay, question: Why does Zilla have two skins from Final Wars when there's no difference between the two?
Image

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

User avatar
UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor
Posts: 2087
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 10:24 pm

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby UltimateDitto » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:52 pm

Gigantis wrote:Okay, question: Why does Zilla have two skins from Final Wars when there's no difference between the two?

Day version and Night version.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

User avatar
Gigantis
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6548
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Nebula of the Orion

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby Gigantis » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:03 pm

UltimateDitto wrote:
Gigantis wrote:Okay, question: Why does Zilla have two skins from Final Wars when there's no difference between the two?

Day version and Night version.


Can't tell if sarcasm. :?
Image

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

User avatar
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 5708
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Godzilla Earth
Contact:

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby KaijuX » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:46 am

^ One of them is a fully-detailed model that was used only in the trailers. Whereas the other one is the poor-quality version than used for the movie.
KWC Staff... And Resident Wumbo.
UltimateDitto wrote:^ Ya gotta have muscles on your eyeballs!

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Orochi’s thiccness cannot properly be contained by one match

User avatar
TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller
Posts: 2290
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:41 pm

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby TitanoGoji16 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:46 am

Wow, they showed Zilla in the trailers? I thought I remember him being kept relatively secret before the movie came out. I just remember the vague "THIS IS THE END" trailers for Final Wars. Guess I have to go trailer hunting on YouTube now.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

User avatar
ShinGojira14
Monsterland Worker
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:08 pm
Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby ShinGojira14 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:20 pm

I don't remember the trailer Zilla being any different from the film model. I thought they simply changed the color; the CGI was already pretty bad. Hell, I've heard that Toho intentionally made his CGI model as sh*t as possible to mock the CGI used in 1998.
"There's only one God, ma'am. And his name is ゴジラ."

Online
User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3994
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:23 pm

ShinGojira14 wrote:I don't remember the trailer Zilla being any different from the film model. I thought they simply changed the color; the CGI was already pretty bad. Hell, I've heard that Toho intentionally made his CGI model as sh*t as possible to mock the CGI used in 1998.


That's a rumor. No one from Toho has confirmed it.

I remember the speculation the Zilla between the Sydney attack and fighting Godzilla looked different enough that there were actually two in the Xillien army, so I accept it
Image

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.


fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?

User avatar
godjacob
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:16 am

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby godjacob » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:00 pm

Probably could put this in KWC main but given the greater skin variety I figure I should put it here. Could a Kaiju ever fight...itself? Like for example if I wanted to suggest say Zilla Jr. vs his dad (Without robot extensions) could I suggest something like...

Zilla (1998 Skin) vs. Zilla (GTS Skin)

...or can a Kaiju not fight itself?

User avatar
Nagoda
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 664
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:49 am
Location: Trapped in a white void as a chibi.
Contact:

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby Nagoda » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:17 pm

godjacob wrote:Probably could put this in KWC main but given the greater skin variety I figure I should put it here. Could a Kaiju ever fight...itself? Like for example if I wanted to suggest say Zilla Jr. vs his dad (Without robot extensions) could I suggest something like...

Zilla (1998 Skin) vs. Zilla (GTS Skin)

...or can a Kaiju not fight itself?

If we let Kaiju fight themselves, that’s a free Loss, Win, and or Draw right there.

Added in 46 seconds:
Not really much of a point for the number of wins and losses if you have them win and lose at the same time to themselves, on the same card/slot.
Last edited by Nagoda on Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

User avatar
godjacob
G-Force Personnel
Posts: 608
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:16 am

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby godjacob » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:18 pm

Nagoda wrote:
godjacob wrote:Probably could put this in KWC main but given the greater skin variety I figure I should put it here. Could a Kaiju ever fight...itself? Like for example if I wanted to suggest say Zilla Jr. vs his dad (Without robot extensions) could I suggest something like...

Zilla (1998 Skin) vs. Zilla (GTS Skin)

...or can a Kaiju not fight itself?

If we let Kaiju fight themselves, that’s a free Loss, Win, and or Draw right there.


I mean technically it would be a net neutral XD but I see the point.

User avatar
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 5708
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Godzilla Earth
Contact:

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby KaijuX » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:41 pm

Hey guys! New KWCE! ;)

Also, after thinking about it as a heads up... When the time allows, I'm splitting IDW and Millennium Godzillas. I think only going off of "ROE" Godzilla as the sole Godzilla is kinda in hindsight. That, and just a bunch of forthcoming updates in general. ;)

Added in 32 seconds:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=30116
KWC Staff... And Resident Wumbo.
UltimateDitto wrote:^ Ya gotta have muscles on your eyeballs!

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Orochi’s thiccness cannot properly be contained by one match

User avatar
soulgodzilla
Futurian
Posts: 3475
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:20 am
Location: Probably in Alaska with the wolfy woos

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby soulgodzilla » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:09 pm

KaijuX wrote:Hey guys! New KWCE! ;)

Also, after thinking about it as a heads up... When the time allows, I'm splitting IDW and Millennium Godzillas. I think only going off of "ROE" Godzilla as the sole Godzilla is kinda in hindsight. That, and just a bunch of forthcoming updates in general. ;)

Added in 32 seconds:
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 48&t=30116

Mind if I make that fix while you work on the ROE Goji?

Also, nice.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

User avatar
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 5708
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Godzilla Earth
Contact:

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby KaijuX » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:20 pm

soulgodzilla wrote:Mind if I make that fix while you work on the ROE Goji?

Of course! :)
KWC Staff... And Resident Wumbo.
UltimateDitto wrote:^ Ya gotta have muscles on your eyeballs!

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Orochi’s thiccness cannot properly be contained by one match

User avatar
soulgodzilla
Futurian
Posts: 3475
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:20 am
Location: Probably in Alaska with the wolfy woos

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby soulgodzilla » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:23 pm

KaijuX wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:Mind if I make that fix while you work on the ROE Goji?

Of course! :)

Sweet.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

User avatar
ShinGojira14
Monsterland Worker
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:08 pm
Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby ShinGojira14 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:46 pm

KaijuX wrote:Hey guys! New KWCE! ;)

Also, after thinking about it as a heads up... When the time allows, I'm splitting IDW and Millennium Godzillas. I think only going off of "ROE" Godzilla as the sole Godzilla is kinda in hindsight. That, and just a bunch of forthcoming updates in general. ;)

Added in 32 seconds:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=30116



So does that mean that Kiryu Saga and 1999/2000 Godzillas will be their own cards again, while Godzilla (IDW) will now be his own thing?
"There's only one God, ma'am. And his name is ゴジラ."

User avatar
Gigantis
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6548
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm
Location: Nebula of the Orion

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby Gigantis » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:41 pm

ShinGojira14 wrote:
So does that mean that Kiryu Saga and 1999/2000 Godzillas will be their own cards again, while Godzilla (IDW) will now be his own thing?


I think that's what splitting means.
Image

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

User avatar
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff
Posts: 5708
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:47 pm
Location: Godzilla Earth
Contact:

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby KaijuX » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:45 pm

The Mire, Gira, and Kiryu Gojis will remain one card; IDW will be separate.
KWC Staff... And Resident Wumbo.
UltimateDitto wrote:^ Ya gotta have muscles on your eyeballs!

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Orochi’s thiccness cannot properly be contained by one match

User avatar
ShinGojira14
Monsterland Worker
Posts: 217
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:08 pm
Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby ShinGojira14 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:00 pm

I just now noticed that Behemoth, Methusela and Scylla aren't part of the roster.
"There's only one God, ma'am. And his name is ゴジラ."

Online
User avatar
SoggyNoodles2016
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3994
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 7:37 am
Location: My parents' basement

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Postby SoggyNoodles2016 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:21 pm

ShinGojira14 wrote:I just now noticed that Behemoth, Methusela and Scylla aren't part of the roster.


Making cards take a while, and usually they update all at once. They are coming.
Image

NSZ wrote:That's the 70's for ya. If you weren't blowing your money on gas, drugs, or chicks, you were blowing it on giant animatronic monkeys that don't work.


fanofstuff wrote:You mean to tell me that you don't see two crabs and think "Yeah, combined they can take on God"?


Return to “K.W.C.E. (Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests