The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Hey everyone, this is your friendly neighborhood Trashy Verifier with a little contest for you.

For the upcoming sequel GvZ and I are working on known as Shrek vs Kamagidon: Dawn of Shrekness, so we decided to have a contest for the match's banner.

The judges will be GvZ, KaijuX, and myself. As for what has to be in the banner, it should be rather obvious..... for the most part.

Required: Shrek and Kamagidon on the Garoga homeworld/an alien looking like planet.

Optional: Donkey, Zandolla, Monster Island Remnant (Godzilla Jr, Anguirus, Gorosaurus, Manda, Kumonga, Ebirah, Maguma), Prime Minister Shin Godzilla (Must have Trump Toupee), and the Garogas.

Other than those things, no other kaiju will be allowed for the banner.

The due date will be the 29th. But wait! Why is it due on the 29th when the match is suppose to come out on Christmas?

Well, about that. Some things have gotten in the way and writers block was kicking in hard for me, so the three of us decided to change the release date to the 31st.

You can send your banners to all three of us and the winner will get a sneak peak at the first part on December 30th. Anywho, may the best banner win.
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

So yeah, turns out there'll be one more little thing to cap off the year with. ;) Match #12 might've been the last official KWCE--but there's always room for one more Parody Match.

Let the banner making commence!
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Sadly I gotta get to bed, so some people might get a head start! :)
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I’ll try I guess. Going to be hard because I still have finals to do.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

What are the chances for Ghost Godzilla for the KWCE?
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:What are the chances for Ghost Godzilla for the KWCE?
With the more flexible options and leniency, he has a chance. Let me put it this way:
The KWCE FAQ (under maintenance) wrote: One thing to make clear right now: No scrapped monsters. If only because there’s barely any information we have on them or any definitive designs to work with. But if there is sufficient detail on the kaiju in question, then KaijuX will take them into consideration.
With the revelation of TK's most recent update concerning the matter, Ghost Godzilla has a much stronger chance now than he did back then. Heck, from how excited I am, don't be surprised if he at least gets a card in soon. :P
Last edited by KaijuX on Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:What are the chances for Ghost Godzilla for the KWCE?
With the more flexible options and leniency, he has a chance. Let me put it this way:
The KWCE FAQ (under maintenance) wrote: One thing to make clear right now: No scrapped monsters. If only because there’s barely any information we have on them or any definitive designs to work with. But if there is sufficient detail on the kaiju in question, then KaijuX will take them into consideration.
With the revelation of TK's most recent update concerning the matter, Ghost Godzilla has a much stronger chance now than he did back then. Heck, from how excited I am, don't be surprised if he at least gets a card in soon. :P
And hey, like I said before, I don’t think we have a Kaiju thats a ghost.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

My only concern at this point is closer to roster management--I have a match that features G'54 and GMK-Goji is in the roster. Should they both be retired in favor of Ghost Godzilla, who can pretty much support both roles with a unique flare? There's going to be a limit-cap on the amount of monsters I want in the Candidates and Expanded sections, so it's why I bring up proper retirement.

Pair of kings.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

KaijuX wrote:My only concern at this point is closer to roster management--I have a match that features G'54 and GMK-Goji is in the roster. Should they both be retired in favor of Ghost Godzilla, who can pretty much support both roles with a unique flare? There's going to be a limit-cap on the amount of monsters I want in the Candidates and Expanded sections, so it's why I bring up proper retirement.
I wouldn’t go so far as to retire them. There would still be plenty of space, and I have a feeling there’s characters that could be shelved before them.

And I wouldn’t quite say anything they could do, Ghost Godzilla could do better. What if someone wanted to write a G54 match that takes place before the events of the movie, or just in general use the living G54 without supernatural elements?

Meanwhile with GMK Godzilla, from what I understand, there’s a multitude of unique things that have to happen for Ghost Godzilla to be able to fight another kaiju. He either has to possess and mutate another kaiju, or something has to happen with the G54’s bones? Correct me if i’m wrong on all that, but what if someone either doesn’t want to do that, or the circumstances of the match wouldn’t reasonably let that happen?
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I think that's fair. I'll give it time; won't be implementing Ghost Godzilla immediately, so it can wait.

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

I’m all in for it if Ghost Godzilla gets in.

Am I the only one who thinks that we don’t need Meta Groudon?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

soulgodzilla wrote:I’m all in for it if Ghost Godzilla gets in.

Nah. I never really had plans on bringing in Meta Groudon, so we're good. ;)

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:I’m all in for it if Ghost Godzilla gets in.

Nah. I never really had plans on bringing in Meta Groudon, so we're good. ;)
Oh good, I never liked him anyways ever since it ate Absol. Plus we already have Groudon.

But even if Ghost Godzilla gets in the KWCE, still no on including him in the KWC?
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I don't think so. We're retiring Gsaurus because of too many Godzillas, so I don't expect GhostG to get in if we're getting ShinG.

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:I don't think so. We're retiring Gsaurus because of too many Godzillas, so I don't expect GhostG to get in if we're getting ShinG.
And Spacegodzilla, Biollante, Orga and all the Mechagodzillas count as being called Godzillas? If so, then wouldn’t it be a little biased?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

And Godzillasaurus. 'fraid not really my words. Even so, we have Heisei, Legendary, and Junior to account for, too. It's not something I agree with, but it's what's been said. I think even Anthony was keen on not overflooding the roster with a bunch of Godzilla or Godzilla-type creatures. I think.

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:And Godzillasaurus. 'fraid not really my words. Even so, we have Heisei, Legendary, and Junior to account for, too. It's not something I agree with, but it's what's been said. I think even Anthony was keen on not overflooding the roster with a bunch of Godzilla or Godzilla-type creatures. I think.
Honestly, I really don’t understand the Godzilla-type creatures counting as a Godzilla.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

After some thinking over, I've ultimately decided upon the removal of some Arenas as well. It's nothing drastic, fortunately, so I'll list them here in case anyone is curious:

-Erebor, the Lonely Mountain
-Gotham City
-Raccoon City
-Vale

There are others I'm half-considering, like Atomic Island... But that's only a thought, not a guarantee. Just mostly trying to keep the Arenas themed to the Combatants that'll be sticking around, or have loose themes to those locations (like Mega Shark with Amity Island, even if the two are recognized from different movies).

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:After some thinking over, I've ultimately decided upon the removal of some Arenas as well. It's nothing drastic, fortunately, so I'll list them here in case anyone is curious:

-Erebor, the Lonely Mountain
-Gotham City
-Raccoon City
-Vale

There are others I'm half-considering, like Atomic Island... But that's only a thought, not a guarantee. Just mostly trying to keep the Arenas themed to the Combatants that'll be sticking around, or have loose themes to those locations (like Mega Shark with Amity Island, even if the two are recognized from different movies).
Shame to see Lonely Mountain, Gotham City and Raccoon City have to go. :?

Added in 3 minutes 18 seconds:
But do we really have to scrap location arenas?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Just mostly removing what I feel like doesn't need to be there currently. It's not to say that they're out permanently; I'd just rather clean up the place a notch.

Pair of kings.