The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by UltimateDitto »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Congrats Shippers!
Now If only we could actually send PMs...
Agreed.

And change our avatars. :cry:

Congrats Shippers, hopefully I can send you some matches when the pm aren't acting screwy. :lol:
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

UltimateDitto wrote:
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Congrats Shippers!
Now If only we could actually send PMs...
Agreed.

And change our avatars. :cry:

Congrats Shippers, hopefully I can send you some matches when the pm aren't acting screwy. :lol:
If for whatever reason you can't send them here, I have no problems if people add me in Discord (or if you really need too: Skype) so you can send your matches that way. Just make sure you identify who you are on the forum if you do that, I want to make sure you get proper credit after all.
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

I do agree with what Shippersdreamer just said. At this point, you all may as well just go on Discord and send us your matches, and do whatever on them. Such as private messages and join the KWC server.

It's fun.

We got candy.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

R.I.P. Beast Titan, Jaw Titan, and Zaigorg.
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

R.I.P Needlar... (how the hell did I not noticed that Needlar is taken out? One of the most versatile Terro Beasts in terms of lists of powers next to Jikiro.)
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

FIRST NEW MATCH OF THE YEAR! Congrats GodzillavsRayquaza, it's one of yours! :D

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=27437
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

So, with Monster Planet out in English, what are our chances of Anime Godzilla getting in eventually?
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:So, with Monster Planet out in English, what are our chances of Anime Godzilla getting in eventually?
I'm personally going to wait out until the whole trilogy is out; that way, I'm not constantly making or changing cards and we can save space and not put monsters into retirement immediately. :P I know it's just Godzilla for now, but I want to see where this goes. That said, if you have a match that's set in the world or you want to use its characters, go right on ahead--that I have no problem with.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Just noticed that KaijuX posted the match relatively early this month, normally they're at the end of the month, could we possibly see two matches a month now. ;)
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

I ♡ Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

For anyone not looking at the KWCC thread, I'm just posting this here since it relates to the KWCE. ;)

Pair of kings.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

So I would like to hold a vote, for two combatants I believe should be in the expanded, question is of course if any one would write matches with these combatants?

Xenomorph Queen
&
Tripod (War of the World's 2005)

Yay or neigh?

I ♡ Image

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Looks like KaijuX is infected by the Uganda Knuckles meme.

And like I said, Monster X is a Gen Wunner.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

UltimateDitto wrote:So I would like to hold a vote, for two combatants I believe should be in the expanded, question is of course if any one would write matches with these combatants?

Xenomorph Queen
&
Tripod (War of the World's 2005)

Yay or neigh?
Funny enough, I asked Birdman to make a Xenomorph Queen card and had plans of adding her to the new roster... Never got it, so it didn't come to pass. :lol: I definitely want to slip the Xenomorph Queen in, for sure. The '05 Tripods are kinda neat, though I don't have any strong inclinations to their additions.

Pair of kings.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

KaijuX wrote: Funny enough, I asked Birdman to make a Xenomorph Queen card and had plans of adding her to the new roster... Never got it, so it didn't come to pass. :lol: I definitely want to slip the Xenomorph Queen in, for sure. The '05 Tripods are kinda neat, though I don't have any strong inclinations to their additions.
Well I have a Xenomorph queen card, but you have to add the name, since I can't add the Goji font to my computer and I'm to lazy to rip letters from other cards for her really long name. :lol: I'm sure Kiryu2012 would put her to good use. :)

For Tripod, that was what I wanted to get others votes on. :D
Last edited by UltimateDitto on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I ♡ Image

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Did I not send that card in the end?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Anyway, since we finished recording all the episodes for the upcoming season, I've decided to do a ranking/tier system with the twelve matches released last year. I won't go too in depth with my reasons, as you'll have to see once the videos come out, but here's my rankings.

And remember, this is all opinion base, I'm sure everyone would have a far different list than mine.

Best:

1. Kamen Rider J vs Zarkorr and Kraa/ Col. Glenn Manning and Nancy Archer vs Rhedosaurus
Spoiler:
(I honestly can't choose between these two, at least not right now. All combatants really felt like they had a strong presence and a purpose; supported by a strong story that actually cares about the buildup. These two matches are what I personally look forward to in the KWC/E and just about anything.)
Very Good:

2. George, Lizzie and Ralph vs Colossal Titan and Armored Titan vs Rogue Titan
Spoiler:
(Like the two above, it has all of that good stuff, however, it kind of ends abruptly for my taste.)
3. Godzilla (Showa 74) and GMK King Ghidorah vs Godzilla (2001)
Spoiler:
(A really strong match all the way through, but Yuri felt more like a plot device than an actual character.)
Good:

4. Godzilla (2002) vs Stay Puft Marshmallow Man
Spoiler:
(Doesn't reach its full potential, but is still a very fun match to read. I also docked points for one crucial error, which will be revealed in the video.)
Okay:

5. Ultraman X vs Gigan (Millennium) and Monster X
Spoiler:
(A decent story with some neat fights, but kind of drags on for a bit.)
Meh:

6. Bemular vs Mecha-King Ghidorah
Spoiler:
(An interesting premise, but doesn't seem to reach its full potential to make it engaging.)
7. King Ghidorah (Millennium), Mothra (04) and Baragon (Millennium) vs Orochi (Heisei)
Spoiler:
(Orochi is the only one to be given any sense of character, and he's the one we're suppose to root against. There doesn't seem to be much at stake here, everything just feels so convenient.)
What the hell just happened?:

8. Evagelion (Unit-01) vs Redman
Spoiler:
(I honestly had no idea what happened during the last third. Maybe it's because I don't know anything about either series, but it was really hard to follow, if that makes sense.)
Honestly didn't care for/generic:

9. Reptilicus vs Buraki
10. Indominus Rex vs Poseidon Rex
11. Gigan (Showa) vs Gipsy Danger
Spoiler:
(Those three don't work for me because they're your standard kaiju a fights kaiju b matches, without any real world building or tension to it. It's just there for the two kaiju fighting for the heck of it. It's passable for KWC standards and fine for what people look forward to when wanting to read these types of fanfics, but I've seen this kind of stuff a lot and it honestly gets stale to where I can't get a lot of enjoyment out of it. Granted there are exceptions like Staypuft, but beyond that I typically don't feel all excited for these types of matches.)
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Interesting to hear your thoughts about the Stay Puft match. :D

I ♡ Image

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Nice to see GVJ ranking Kamen Rider J Vs. Zarkorr Vs. Kraa as the best next to Col. Glenn Manning & Archer Nancy Vs. Rhedosaurus.

And I will say that the match really had a great story, and it did got me interested in wanting to watch the movies that those three appeared in. Haven’t seen Zarkorr or Kraa yet, but I did watched Kamen Rider J, and I’m now interested in the Kamen Rider franchise.

So I guess could thank Birdman for making this match that got me interested in a series that I think is the second most popular Tokusatsu superhero show next to Ultraman.

Added in 1 day 4 hours 5 minutes 11 seconds:
Also, I seem to noticed that we have the Xenomorph Queen.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Yup! Because she was meant to be part of the original roster (as I mentioned).

Added in 35 minutes 36 seconds:
Friendly reminder: You have until the 31st to cast your vote. Post it in the thread so it counts!

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=27406&p=1537370

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:Yup! Because she was meant to be part of the original roster (as I mentioned).

Added in 35 minutes 36 seconds:
Friendly reminder: You have until the 31st to cast your vote. Post it in the thread so it counts!

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=27406&p=1537370
Ah, well I’m glad that shes in. Also I’m glad that one of her skins is the Red Xenomorph.

And can I just say that the Red Xenomorphs look just as awesome as the original black counterparts?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....