Say Something Positive About The Anime Trilogy

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Re: Say Something Positive About The Anime Trilogy

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

MrGoji1999 wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:
MrGoji1999 wrote: Oh, I wasn't that focused when that scene was shown in the trailer, and watching the music video, now I'm actually imagining one of the twins saying this during that crucifixion scene:

I hope someone does memes like this when we see the complete scene of that in the film though :lol:
FFS my sides
I know right? Everytime I watch that video it still manages to put me in stitches!

The only thing we need to change is the pitch of that sound effect and make it sound more like one of the voices of the twins, that would be even more hilarious (whenever it´s unintentionally hilarious or not is up to debate, particularly if the crucifxion scene is done well or not) :lol:
IMHO that should play when Mothra hatches and she gets her big reveal
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

There's still a resistance. I mean, I think the '2014 and Anime against Shin' side is only me...

But not all of us are anti-anime.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Post by MrGoji1999 »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
MrGoji1999 wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote: FFS my sides
I know right? Everytime I watch that video it still manages to put me in stitches!

The only thing we need to change is the pitch of that sound effect and make it sound more like one of the voices of the twins, that would be even more hilarious (whenever it´s unintentionally hilarious or not is up to debate, particularly if the crucifxion scene is done well or not) :lol:
IMHO that should play when Mothra hatches and she gets her big reveal
That's a great idea, I think it should be something like this:

I'M JESUS! I'M JESUS! Oops, wrong movie.... I'M MOTHRA!!!! I'M MOTHRA!!!! I'M MOTHRA!!!! :lol:
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
MrGoji1999 wrote:crucified like Jesus or something. :
Bit late there buddy, the trailer and new music video shows that
Spoiler:
One of the twins get killed and crucified as a blood sacrifice for Ghidorah, as the Exif believe all life belongs to him
"All Godzilla movies are stupid and kid-friendly!" :lol:

I like the films but yes, a meme thread dedicated to them would be spectacular. They're practically a meme breeding ground waiting to be harvested.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: I like the films but yes, a meme thread dedicated to them would be spectacular. They're practically a meme breeding ground waiting to be harvested.
I am one hundred percent for this idea.

RIP Evan.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: I like the films but yes, a meme thread dedicated to them would be spectacular. They're practically a meme breeding ground waiting to be harvested.
Ok, this idea is freaking glorious :lol:
I'm honestly surprised the memetic potential of those movies was not harvested yet lol.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Dv-218 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
I'm honestly surprised the memetic potential of those movies was not harvested yet lol.
Well I can honestly say that
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Post by MrGoji1999 »

Titanoterror98 wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: I am one hundred percent for this idea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5HOt0ZOcYk
Oh yes, a meme thread about the anime trilogy is a fantastic idea, the potential of many glorious memes about these films is so high! :D
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

while we can debate if they actually count as incarnations of the character and what they actually contributed to the films, the filmmakers did technically give us versions of Mechagodzilla and King Ghidorah that wouldn't be possible in live action.

RIP Evan.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:while we can debate if they actually count as incarnations of the character and what they actually contributed to the films, the filmmakers did technically give us versions of Mechagodzilla and King Ghidorah that wouldn't be possible in live action.
Are people actually debating if they count as incarnations of the respective characters? Because love, like, meh, or hate them, they are of course incarnations of the characters.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:while we can debate if they actually count as incarnations of the character and what they actually contributed to the films, the filmmakers did technically give us versions of Mechagodzilla and King Ghidorah that wouldn't be possible in live action.
There is no technically, those ARE 100% Mechag and Ghidorah. It doesn't matter how mad fans are about, they are just as valid as the showa ones

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

MrGoji1999 wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:
Oh yes, a meme thread about the anime trilogy is a fantastic idea, the potential of many glorious memes about these films is so high! :D
Okay that does it, I'm making a meme thread. Should it be just anime in this subboard or should I put it in General Toho for all the franchise?
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Desghidorah wrote:
MrGoji1999 wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote: Well I can honestly say that
Okay that does it, I'm making a meme thread. Should it be just anime in this subboard or should I put it in General Toho for all the franchise?
I guess you could put it in the General Toho section, but the anime movies have such a gigantic meme potential they'll probably need a thread of their own :lol:

(Seriously tho I think it'll be better in the general section).
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Dv-218 wrote:
Desghidorah wrote:
MrGoji1999 wrote: Oh yes, a meme thread about the anime trilogy is a fantastic idea, the potential of many glorious memes about these films is so high! :D
I guess you could put it in the General Toho section, but the anime movies have such a gigantic meme potential they'll probably need a thread of their own :lol:

Yeah, I think the general area makes more sense.
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Post by MrGoji1999 »

Desghidorah wrote:
MrGoji1999 wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote: Well I can honestly say that

In the General Toho section we could make memes on every Godzilla film, while here we could pretty much do memes on everything related about the anime trilogy :D
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Titanoterror98 wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:

MrGoji1999 wrote:
In the General Toho section we could make memes on every Godzilla film, while here we could pretty much do memes on everything related about the anime trilogy :D

Answered
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 45&t=28193

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Desghidorah wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:

MrGoji1999 wrote:

Answered
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 45&t=28193
Welp, guess I'll see you there, guys!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Hey guys, please keep the video/image posts to a minimum and return on topic.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Greyshot151 wrote:Hey guys, please keep the video/image posts to a minimum and return on topic.
You got it boss! Redirecting to the meme thread.

The character design I actually rather do like for the core cast. While it blurs for some of the secondary characters, Houtua twins aside I can clearly tell who's who at a glance without anyone having unrealistic anime looks.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Maritonic wrote:
Are people actually debating if they count as incarnations of the respective characters? Because love, like, meh, or hate them, they are of course incarnations of the characters.
A lot of people consider Kaizer Ghidorah to be his own character so I'm not surprised.