Update: Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla Animation (What Could've Been)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Update: Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla Animation (What Could've Been)

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

So, I personally didn't mind how Mechagodzilla was used in the anime.

I just thought some of you might like these animations which I believe are based on the schematics from the theater pamphlets released back in May. ***all credit goes to said animator***

https://youtu.be/p0VCProE26A

https://youtu.be/agRZn5T9kU4

This one's definitely based off MG's schematics -
https://youtu.be/cmiU8Bs8yCg

UPDATE: The same guy has posted an 18 minute long Godzilla Earth vs Mechagodzilla fight
https://youtu.be/hM8bP3G3AVM
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Re: Mechagodzilla Animation (What Could've Been)

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Yeah, those are definitely schematic accurate, especially with the head railgun.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Really cool, though the cynical part of me says that people would have been upset at how weird it is.
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Shoopwoop17 wrote:Really cool, though the cynical part of me says that people would have been upset at how weird it is.
Yeah, even if we did get a fight people would still skreeonk about it :lol: X_X

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Those are really, really cool.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

You know, as much as I love Toho, Polygon, and Urobuchi for trying different things with Godzilla, I still think that this new Mechagodzilla--no matter how weird it looks--had a lot of potential. It doesn't help that seeing it in motion was a lot more interesting than an oil refinery with some turrets slapped on.
Also, big props to the animator! They really made Mechagodzilla (sans City) come alive!
Last edited by Titanoterror98 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I heard people around here justify the design of this Mechagodzilla by saying that his head was supposed to serve as a rail gun of sorts. Do you think it would be better if let’s say any future Mechagodzilla had a head that could unfold into one instead of it just being that way?

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

LegendZilla wrote:I heard people around here justify the design of this Mechagodzilla by saying that his head was supposed to serve as a rail gun of sorts. Do you think it would be better if let’s say any future Mechagodzilla had a head that could unfold into one instead of it just being that way?
Do YOU think it would be better if let’s say any future Mechagodzilla had a head that could unfold into one instead of it just being that way?
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I heard people around here justify the design of this Mechagodzilla by saying that his head was supposed to serve as a rail gun of sorts. Do you think it would be better if let’s say any future Mechagodzilla had a head that could unfold into one instead of it just being that way?
Do YOU think it would be better if let’s say any future Mechagodzilla had a head that could unfold into one instead of it just being that way?
It would be able to switch back and forth between being more Godzilla-like and a rail gun. That’s what I’m saying.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Update: Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla Animation (What Could've Been)

Updated it (see my original post), so now there's a battle between Godzilla Earth and Mechagodzilla! Hopefully this might please 83% of the fanbase.

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

Have to say, that fight was extremely impressive. Huge props to the animator for not only realizing Mechagodzilla's unused abilities, but portraying a satisfying full-length confrontation between it and Godzilla Earth. Seeing this video has managed to increase my appreciation for this Mechagodzilla. While I was perfectly content with how he was handled in the film, I think this video shows what untapped potential this version of the character had and does a fantastic job bringing it to life. I'd have to say this is now hands-down the best Godzilla fan animation I've seen, and there's plenty of impressive MMD work in the fanbase.

I can't gush anymore about that video without sounding redundant, so I'll just sum it up by saying it was incredible. I was impressed by the animator's previous videos, but this blows them out of the water. Thanks for sharing it.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Post by MrGoji1999 »

Oh my :shock: :shock: :shock:

I admit, I´m not the biggest fan of this trilogy so far, but damn, that fight was SO impressive! While I thought that the concept of Mechagodzilla in the film was interisting, it certainly wans´t executed to its full potencial. However, here we see what unused abilites he has, and it is fantastic, it made me like this version of the character more. Without a doubt, the best Godzilla fan animation I´ve seen, and even then, there´s so many impressive Godzilla animation videos, but this one manages to be awe-inspiring. Bravos for that work, and thanks for sharing that video with us! :D :D :D
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

I have the strong desire to see the fight implanted into the actual film.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

That fight made want a monsterart or chogokin Mechagodzilla.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

This would have easily redeemed the film for me had it been this way, an actual battle between MECHAGODZILLA and Godzilla, not a glorified factory with guns.
Last edited by Breakdown on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

kingkevzilla88
Gotengo Officer

Post by kingkevzilla88 »

That was a great video if a little bittersweet. I still do like the anime Mechagodzilla, seeing this in the movie might have changed my mind. It's really sad to say the people who made film fan, putt more effort in this than the people actually making the movies.

GojiDude95
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiDude95 »

Like how Lockdown from Age of extinction had his head transform into a big-ass gun? Cause that would be freaking awesome!

Added in 1 minute 32 seconds:
I still hate the design. But boy does this video shows the potential this dude had. Would've made up for the lackluster "battle" in the film.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

That moment when a fan-made animation is 100x better than the official TOHO film. :godzilla: :mechagodzilla:
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ