Godzilla: The Planet Eater Speculation

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Re: Godzilla: The Planet Eater Speculation

Post by MrGoji1999 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
MrGoji1999 wrote: So that means that Godzilla will turn
Spoiler:
Super Saiyan
in the final act?
Spoiler:
Since one of those images from the movie show Godzilla glowing red again........ maybe that's how he gains Ghidorah's energy? Also, Super Saiyan Godzilla was bound to happen at some point :lol:
Spoiler:
Watching again that photo of Godzilla Earth glowing red with Ghidorah on his side, that would make a lot of sense! And yeah, it was time that Godzilla managed to become a SSJ. Maybe we are gonna see Godzilla vs Goku in the future? :lol:
GigaBowserG wrote:
MrGoji1999 wrote:I din´t manage to find an actual link, but Wikizilla uploaded some of those merch photos in the Gallery for Planet Eater:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
...So he's going to become Ultimate Godzilla :lol:
Spoiler:
Wait, Godzilla was already golden before? I din´t knew about this Ulimate Godzilla! :eh:
Damn, I can´t imagine how powerful
Spoiler:
golden
Godzilla Earth will be in the film, this will be Haruo and everyone´s reaction seeing that :lol:
Last edited by MrGoji1999 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
MrGoji1999 wrote: So that means that Godzilla will turn
Spoiler:
Super Saiyan
in the final act?
Spoiler:
Since one of those images from the movie show Godzilla glowing red again........ maybe that's how he gains Ghidorah's energy? Also, Super Saiyan Godzilla was bound to happen at some point :lol:
Spoiler:
in the Trailer Haruo and one of the Twins are reaching up at something thats glowing gold. I wonder if they are using some "Mothra magic" to help him fight Ghidorah.

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Hi!

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Good lord

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I just realized I'm anime Ghidorah Bandai figure kin.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

But in all seriousness, anyone else noticed that the body is a remold of the Servum figure? The wings are literally a repaint.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Post by MrGoji1999 »

What the skreeonk!? That looks more like an Golden Servum than the actual Anime Ghidorah.
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

For a moment I thought it had only two heads till I looked at the second pic.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

They used that silhouette from the movie to.make anime Ghidorah I see and yea a Servum repaint.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

What the hell, this thing is literally just a recolored servum hybridized with one of those rubber chickens :lol:

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

miguelnuva wrote:They used that silhouette from the movie to.make anime Ghidorah I see and yea a Servum repaint.
Hell, the silhouette shows his wings are different from the servum, this thing is inaccurate
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo
Last edited by Shin Gabara on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. . .

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

Shin Gabara wrote:That's . . . quite the, uh-hum, specialty item.

#Ghidildo
This needs to be spread throughout the forums

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Spoiler:
Wait. The final battle involves one of the combtants assimilating/absorbing the power of another?

Granted, I got the wrong kaiju but I ain't missing an opportunity like this. :mrgreen:
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

It’s worth noting that this means that the film makers of the trilogy aren’t really to blame for the MG figure fiasco.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:It’s worth noting that this means that the film makers of the trilogy aren’t really to blame for the MG figure fiasco.
I...don't think anyone really blamed them...?

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:It’s worth noting that this means that the film makers of the trilogy aren’t really to blame for the MG figure fiasco.
Fiasco? Can someone elaborate?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

UltramanGoji wrote:
A lot of people criticized the second anime film for “misleading them” for not having Mechagodzilla, partly due to the figure and the poster. The Bandai Mechagodzilla Anime figure is based on essentially something we see for less then five seconds, in the first film. Similarly, Servum was thought to have a bigger role (myself included) and as a result it was sorta a let down when they really only have a small attack scene.

It’s obvious now, but wasn’t then, to now be wary and not let the appearance of the toys influence what we think the films will be.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
A lot of people criticized the second anime film for “misleading them” for not having Mechagodzilla, partly due to the figure and the poster. The Bandai Mechagodzilla Anime figure is based on essentially something we see for less then five seconds, in the first film. Similarly, Servum was thought to have a bigger role (myself included) and as a result it was sorta a let down when they really only have a small attack scene.

It’s obvious now, but wasn’t then, to now be wary and not let the appearance of the toys influence what we think the films will be.
Ah, for some reason I thought you were talking about it being a Premium Bandai release.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Yeah the fiasco with Mechagodzilla, the toy, the marketing, and his lack of presence in the last film really reminds me of Captain Phasma.

They plaster this cool looking chrome trooper all over the marketing for Force Awakens, go to all the trouble of casting Brienne of Tarth herself to play the role, and get us all excited to see this new break out character....

And then she amounts to absolutely nothing in the film. I don't know whose fault that is exactly, but I feel like that type of stuff is easily avoidable. Just don't promise stuff you know isn't significant to the film. It isn't that hard.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.