Godzilla: The Planet Eater Speculation

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla: The Planet Eater Speculation

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

MrGoji1999 wrote:http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2018 ... from-toho/

Reading that article, I don´t if anyone noted this, but this film will have a runtime of 91 minutes, three minutes longer than POTM but ten minutes shorter than COTEOB. Do you think the runtime will be enough to give this film the proper conclusion of the anime trilogy, or it should have a longer runtime?
Dang, I was hoping for it to be around two hours. If the pacing and story are great, then I suppose we shouldn't have any problems.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
King of the Monsters wrote:The heads are already connected, we're only seeing Ghidorah from the necks up coming through the wormholes in the sky. As others have pointed out, there is a screenshot showing Ghidorah presumably in the dimension he comes from, where all three necks are clearly attached to a single body with two wings and two tails.
OR IS IT?!?!?!

nah, but seriously there's a theory going around about that "Ghidorah body shot".

On the one hand, I like confirmation.
On the other, there's one thing making me think this is wrong.

It looks like a normal Mothra, no way they'd do something simple like that. :lol:
It's not Mothra. The original photo shows more of the wings, they're batlike. Those are ghidorah's wings. Furthermore, you can see his tails in the background.
ok. fair, mostly wishful thinking Mothra is going to be used.......
but why did you quote me twice to tell me?

RIP Evan.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: OR IS IT?!?!?!

nah, but seriously there's a theory going around about that "Ghidorah body shot".

On the one hand, I like confirmation.
On the other, there's one thing making me think this is wrong.

It looks like a normal Mothra, no way they'd do something simple like that. :lol:
It's not Mothra. The original photo shows more of the wings, they're batlike. Those are ghidorah's wings. Furthermore, you can see his tails in the background.
ok. fair, mostly wishful thinking Mothra is going to be used.......
but why did you quote me twice to tell me?
It's only showing up as once on my screen
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Post by MrGoji1999 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
MrGoji1999 wrote:http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2018 ... from-toho/

Reading that article, I don´t if anyone noted this, but this film will have a runtime of 91 minutes, three minutes longer than POTM but ten minutes shorter than COTEOB. Do you think the runtime will be enough to give this film the proper conclusion of the anime trilogy, or it should have a longer runtime?
Dang, I was hoping for it to be around two hours. If the pacing and story are great, then I suppose we shouldn't have any problems.
I agree with that, if the film manages to give every plot point brought up in the previous films its closure while also being great as a stand-alone film in just 1 hour and 30 minutes we shouldn´t be worried, but if the film feels like a over-bloated mess with no conclusion for the ideas explored in its predecessors while also not having an conclusion for its own story it will need to be longer than that, 2 hours will be a nice runtime for that case.
Last edited by MrGoji1999 on Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

Monster X wrote:
KillCrites wrote:
Monster X wrote:Jus wondering, Planet Eater Ghidorah doesn't really roll off the tongue. Until we get an official name, how dose "Transcendent Ghidorah" sound?
I think most people are just calling him anime Ghidorah.
True but being a somewhat pedantic person I just wanted to come up with a name that's more in line with Anime's naming of the monsters.

Transcendent seemed fitting given what we've seen and the facts its known as the God of the Void and the Higher-Dimensional Monster.
Yeah, that could work. Personally I would've called him Star Ghidorah, but I guess if he's from another dimension that would make more sense.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

"Noodelo-pastorini Supremus" is my name for him lol :lol:

Though in all seriousness, I think "Celestial Ghidorah" or "Transcended Ghidorah" is a pretty fitting name for him.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

WACKY WAVING TRANSPARENT NECK FLAILING TUBE SPACE DRAGON!!!!

WACKY WAVING TRANSPARENT NECK FLAILING TUBE SPACE DRAGON!!!

WACKY WAVING TRASPARENT NECK FLAILING TUBE SPACE DRAGON!!!

RIP Evan.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:WACKY WAVING TRANSPARENT NECK FLAILING TUBE SPACE DRAGON!!!!

This somehow seems fitting considering your user name.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Transcended black hole soggy noodle.

Gentlemen, I think we found it :lol:

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Hi, I'm Al Harrington, President and CEO of Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Transparent Neck Flailing Tube Space Dragon Emporium and Warehouse! Thanks to a shipping error I am now currently overstocked on Wacky Waving Transparent Neck Flailing Tube Space Dragons, and I am passing the savings on to you! Attract customers to your business, Make a splash at your next presentation, Keep grandma company, Protect your crops. Confuse your neighbors, African American? Hail a cab! Testify in church, Or just raise the roof! Whatever your Wacky Waving Transparent Neck Flailing Tube Space Dragon needs are! So come on down to Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Transparent Neck Flailing Tube Space Dragon Emporium and Warehouse! Route 2 in Weekapaug.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Gojira18 wrote:Hi, I'm Al Harrington, President and CEO of Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Transparent Neck Flailing Tube Space Dragon Emporium and Warehouse! Thanks to a shipping error I am now currently overstocked on Wacky Waving Transparent Neck Flailing Tube Space Dragons, and I am passing the savings on to you! Attract customers to your business, Make a splash at your next presentation, Keep grandma company, Protect your crops. Confuse your neighbors, African American? Hail a cab! Testify in church, Or just raise the roof! Whatever your Wacky Waving Transparent Neck Flailing Tube Space Dragon needs are! So come on down to Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Transparent Neck Flailing Tube Space Dragon Emporium and Warehouse! Route 2 in Weekapaug.
Our prices are INSANE!!!
INSANE!!!
INSANE!!!
INSANE!!!
INSANE!!!
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:WACKY WAVING TRANSPARENT NECK FLAILING TUBE SPACE DRAGON!!!!

This wins.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:Hi, I'm Al Harrington, President and CEO of Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Transparent Neck Flailing Tube Space Dragon Emporium and Warehouse! Thanks to a shipping error I am now currently overstocked on Wacky Waving Transparent Neck Flailing Tube Space Dragons, and I am passing the savings on to you! Attract customers to your business, Make a splash at your next presentation, Keep grandma company, Protect your crops. Confuse your neighbors, African American? Hail a cab! Testify in church, Or just raise the roof! Whatever your Wacky Waving Transparent Neck Flailing Tube Space Dragon needs are! So come on down to Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Transparent Neck Flailing Tube Space Dragon Emporium and Warehouse! Route 2 in Weekapaug.
Our prices are INSANE!!!
INSANE!!!
INSANE!!!
INSANE!!!
INSANE!!!
Ladies and gentlemen, the three greatest posts of all time.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Maritonic wrote:

This wins.
I do have to agree that it is the best, but I feel that spaGhidorah roles of the tongue better.

(Though in retrospect, it might be confused with a portmanteau of "space" and "Ghidorah" rather than the "spaghetti" and "Ghidorah" I'm going for. :eh: )
Last edited by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

https://www.slashfilm.com/godzilla-the- ... er-review/

Slashfilm review. Some spoilers, so be warned.
Spoiler:
He mentions that we never really see Ghidorah's wings. So that could mean that this shot is really brief but they are indeed his wings.

Or Mothra theory confirmed.
Hi!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Damn, already time to avoid spoilers! :ninja:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

WARNING: Side effects of the Wacky Waving Transparent Neck Flailing Tube Space Dragon might include peculiar astrological anomalies and entire planets getting destroyed. No worries, we'll provide a full refund of an entire Nanotech city in case any of the aforementioned possibilities happens.

EXTRA WARNING: Keep out of reach from dubious looking space elves.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

Gotschiller wrote:https://www.slashfilm.com/godzilla-the- ... er-review/

Slashfilm review. Some spoilers, so be warned.
Spoiler:
He mentions that we never really see Ghidorah's wings. So that could mean that this shot is really brief but they are indeed his wings.

Or Mothra theory confirmed.
Thanks for posting, nice to hear a positive review for this series, finally. Ironically, it sounds like Ghidorah, despite being a destroyer of worlds in the movie, is actually the savior of this series in reality.
Last edited by JesstrK on Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Well, less than 24 hours till the early premiere.

shinJoshoctober16
Ronin

Post by shinJoshoctober16 »

(took me 6 months to get in this site somthing must be wrong with the site for that part this is my first comment)

is the early premiere shown yet?
Last edited by shinJoshoctober16 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.